Official Air Jordan 2011 thread

Originally Posted by CEO InSane

^Maybe once we get an "official" press release from JB, that may answer alot of questions. That does seem like a "regression" in cushioning setup. The way Tinker spoke about the "bottom-loaded Zoom" in the 2010's, it was as if he utilized an awesome discovery. Same with "tech flex", "ips", etc... One hit wonders. I think the Air Jordan line in general has been that way after the VIIIs. New tech was introduced, then....disapprears. Whereas Kobe's and Lebron's line, each shoe keeps part of the formula of the previous.
well if we think about it most of the sig's lately have been a bust so their scrambling to come up with the right product.

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Originally Posted by dj2up10

So the insoles are interchangeable right? Between air/zoom?

Will someone explain what makes sense about putting a carbon fiber shank into an insole? I've never hated on the choice between zoom and air, and felt the 21 and 22s worked quite well. However, having a piece of carbon fiber inserted into a flimsy insole rather than a part of the structure of the shoe makes ZERO sense as the supposed top of the line hoop shoe on the market.

I think it adds in the stability of the shoe. I notice Kobe's use it also.

I felt it worked well on the XXI's. I think a lot of people slept on those as far as basketball and duarbility.
I never found the XXII's particularly comfortable and was a failure overall.

I agree.  I loved the XXI's, performance wise.  They were beyond comfortable.  Of course, they werent the greatest looking shoe, and definitely looked funky if wore casually, but man did they perform on the court.  I did pay retail for the first colorway of the XXI and beat them to the ground.  Definitely got my moneys worth.  The XX2 was definitely a failure, as well as the 2009.

As far as the 2011 goes, I dont hate it, and I like it in some pics.  I love the interchangeable system.  I think they definitely will be good on the court.  But D Wade did change them for a reason.  Hopefully it wasnt performance related.

Originally Posted by AnJ55

All the haters are either gonna eat their words or they're whylin...the concord XI are easily my favorite Jordan and the same probably goes for a large amount of others. This is as close/similar to that shoe as a designer can get while being different/advanced (I guess besides 6 rings). They're clean and mark my words

...WHEN PICS DROP OF THESE WORN WITH JEANS A LOT OF PEOPLE WILL CHANGE THEIR TUNE.

They are a little boring and I think it's because there's no patent leather. If the black part was patent leather IT'D BE A WRAP.Can someone do a patent leather Photoshop?firs
first of all, patent leather is the worst material to be put on a basketball shoe, if you put patent leather on these they would just be a bootleg version of the XIs, they are already ripping off the XI enough with the design. I hate the XI but that is not the reason im against these, its because the midsole is just imprinted squares
indifferent.gif
.  But that is just my opinion. If you like these buy them.

^nice shops (as usual), but i really hope they steer clear from the xi colourways. the design cues are plenty as it is.

Originally Posted by Zero 0123

^Maybe once we get an "official" press release from JB, that may answer alot of questions. That does seem like a "regression" in cushioning setup. The way Tinker spoke about the "bottom-loaded Zoom" in the 2010's, it was as if he utilized an awesome discovery. Same with "tech flex", "ips", etc... One hit wonders. I think the Air Jordan line in general has been that way after the VIIIs. New tech was introduced, then....disapprears. Whereas Kobe's and Lebron's line, each shoe keeps part of the formula of the previous.
That's why I think JB has fallen behind with the technology in a lot of aspects and instead has been releasing gimmicks. They tell us how great this new technology is(like the 2K9) only for it to never to be seen or heard from again. They did the same with the window last year. It's amuising watching people try and defend this new "technology" every year.

Not much has carried over besides the use of zoom air, the XXI and XXII and carbon fiber plates.

The new technology of the 2010 was the bottom loaded zoom, and the separated toe box. Both of which were amazing. The window was only a design gimmick. It was not anything more than that. I am frustrated at the removal of the bottom loaded zoom and the introduction of the new interchangeable insoles gimmick though. They should have stuck with the bottom loaded zoom and the separated toe box and adjusted from there.

they sold the window as a way to increase rigidity (as well as breathability) of the sides.

Originally Posted by eltouha

Originally Posted by Zero 0123

That's why I think JB has fallen behind with the technology in a lot of aspects and instead has been releasing gimmicks. They tell us how great this new technology is(like the 2K9) only for it to never to be seen or heard from again. They did the same with the window last year. It's amuising watching people try and defend this new "technology" every year.

Not much has carried over besides the use of zoom air, the XXI and XXII and carbon fiber plates.

The new technology of the 2010 was the bottom loaded zoom, and the separated toe box. Both of which were amazing. The window was only a design gimmick. It was not anything more than that. I am frustrated at the removal of the bottom loaded zoom and the introduction of the new interchangeable insoles gimmick though. They should have stuck with the bottom loaded zoom and the separated toe box and adjusted from there.

they sold the window as a way to increase rigidity (as well as breathability) of the sides.

Yeah they tried to sell it that way, but it was a gimmick....

Originally Posted by eltouha

^nice shops (as usual), but i really hope they steer clear from the xi colourways. the design cues are plenty as it is.

lol thanx idk wat im hoping for, just tired of the same ol cw's at least 1 new major cw to set the shoe off.

im not really diggin these it seem like these sneakers lack a thought process on for performance they probably feel good but look trash

fs ds sz10 [color= rgb(102, 0, 204)]eggplant foams[/color] $190
fs ds sz9.5 aj1 black and red high strap $130
fs vvvnd 9.5 lebron dunkman 7 $140
will trade for aj2 og colorway white black and red or some sb dunk high and cash

Originally Posted by johnmckoolaid

so wade never wore these again? 

naw, story goes that wade tried to changed the interchangeable insole at half time, but figured nah #$%..............................and went back to 2010s

I think it was a marketing ploy for Wade to wear them briefly to get people talking about the shoes.As we are still a month or so away from release date. They wouldn't want to "over expose" the shoes before then.Had a close look at the red/yellow/black 2010's Wade was wearing on the weekend and they were sweet as ! Need to keep an eye out for those !

Originally Posted by Vuey

I think it was a marketing ploy for Wade to wear them briefly to get people talking about the shoes.

As we are still a month or so away from release date. They wouldn't want to "over expose" the shoes before then.

Had a close look at the red/yellow/black 2010's Wade was wearing on the weekend and they were sweet as ! Need to keep an eye out for those !

Pretty much. Just the other night Amare changed out of his Air ax Fly By's at halftime, back to the Huaracher TR's

these are not as bad but still will pass because way too much heat coming out. maybe 70% off but still...
grin.gif

^ wow. although i usually dislike all these odd sized boxes, makes it harder to stack.

Back
Top Bottom