Official Air Jordan 2011 thread

Originally Posted by d e beatup

Originally Posted by 23SOLE

Originally Posted by enyouartist

So what are the chances that the white/black 2011s hit the outlets?  How long do I have to wait until these go on sale?

Really?? They haven't even officially released yet and you're asking when they go on sale???... If you can't afford em you can put em on layaway or simply just ask mommy!!...
laugh.gif

Just because you can afford something doesn't mean you want to pay full retail for it.  I do think it wasn't a smart question since no one knows how many were produced and how the public will react to them.  However I don't think you can flame him for wanting a discount on a shoe when the last two predecessors have proven to drop in price well over $100 from the original MSRP.
Don't mean to flame brother man. It is inevitable that they will hit outlets...eventually. Nothing wrong with paying retail either. Some consumers don't want to wait months later for that discount price.When they do drop in price i'm sure I will be buying another pair. I just don't know why people are even asking when will they hit outlets/sales rack.

Yea every colorway so far looks so fresh. This shoe is so clean and simple, which makes it a great shoe.
These shoes might hit the sales racks eventually but not like the 2009's or 2010's.

Originally Posted by bctwo1

The YOTR will sell out, the white/blacks have the biggest chance of sitting on the shelves for a while since white/red and white/blue are apparently store exclusives and eventhough they appear to be GRs I don't think they will be as many of them as the white/black. 

Now that being said I already bought a white/black pair which has the potential of being a classic (if you think about it eventhough all XIs are classics the one that takes the cake is the concord pair which is mainly white/black).  I'm saying all this because I don't think the 2011s will make it to the outlets or hit deep discounts like the 09s and 2010s. 

We had two significantly hated models during the last two years so that should push the sales of the 2011s since it seems it will bring the jordan consumer back to purchasing a new signature model.  Once these start showing up on feet and if people start saying they are comfortable they will catch fire and then it's going to be hard to buy them below retail.

I personally think the white/reds will sell well since it's a different shade of red (it's almost like rust) and this will make them more apealing to people that stay away from the "clown shoe style."  I will check these out at footlocker when they come out and if they're awesome I'll get a second pair (since I got the white/blacks for 120).
Please note all this is, IMHO.
So do they fit true to size? Did you get the 2010's and if so what size did you get in those?

Originally Posted by jc619er

Originally Posted by bctwo1

The YOTR will sell out, the white/blacks have the biggest chance of sitting on the shelves for a while since white/red and white/blue are apparently store exclusives and eventhough they appear to be GRs I don't think they will be as many of them as the white/black. 

Now that being said I already bought a white/black pair which has the potential of being a classic (if you think about it eventhough all XIs are classics the one that takes the cake is the concord pair which is mainly white/black).  I'm saying all this because I don't think the 2011s will make it to the outlets or hit deep discounts like the 09s and 2010s. 

We had two significantly hated models during the last two years so that should push the sales of the 2011s since it seems it will bring the jordan consumer back to purchasing a new signature model.  Once these start showing up on feet and if people start saying they are comfortable they will catch fire and then it's going to be hard to buy them below retail.

I personally think the white/reds will sell well since it's a different shade of red (it's almost like rust) and this will make them more apealing to people that stay away from the "clown shoe style."  I will check these out at footlocker when they come out and if they're awesome I'll get a second pair (since I got the white/blacks for 120).
Please note all this is, IMHO.
So do they fit true to size? Did you get the 2010's and if so what size did you get in those?

Sorry, I have not received them yet. I do own two pairs of 2010s size 12. Once the 2011s come in I'll let you know. Again sorry for the miscommunication.

My opinion is that the white/black's.....over time......will become the "classic" of this line. Maybe even the black/black colorway. Right now (and due mainly to the "hypebeast" era we live in), the YOTR will be be deemed classic only due to the fact that they are limited. Think about it....if the YOTR's were a GR (and possibly the 4th colorway to release) would you say the same thing?
eyes.gif

All in all, I love this shoe. It takes me back to the original release of the Concord 11. I was a freshman in high school and remember convincing my friend to walk w/ me to the mall...about 7 miles (in the snow.....in Ohio) to pick them up. When we got there they all hated the shoe, and thought it was the ugliest thing ever. 3 months later they were regretting not getting a pair and ended up picking up the other colorways!

Same w/ this shoe....it was extremely hated when the first pics released, and has since grown on a lot of people! Considering picking up a pair from PYS, but not sure if that's pre-order or not.....anyone receive their's yet?

I'm leaning towards the white and blue. As the all black with patent doesn't show any detail/lines of the shoe even though it's a really simple design.Can someone post a pic with their 2011's on with a pair jeans on
tongue.gif
wanna see how they look !

Guess what?!

I was told today that these will be on NikeID before you know it!

Believe it or not...

I definitely got to see these in person and try them on. But as far as from the initial first look they have definitely grown on me. But until I see them in person I can't say a yes or no. That's how the first colorway of the 2010's worked for me. I hated them online and then seeing them in the store and trying them on, I had to have them. And I hear what that guy was saying about the YOTR's. If they were a GR they wouldn't be looked at so highly but I'd still love a pair because that gray they use around the whole shoe really sets them off. It's a good color combo. 

Originally Posted by jc619er

I definitely got to see these in person and try them on. But as far as from the initial first look they have definitely grown on me. But until I see them in person I can't say a yes or no. That's how the first colorway of the 2010's worked for me. I hated them online and then seeing them in the store and trying them on, I had to have them. And I hear what that guy was saying about the YOTR's. If they were a GR they wouldn't be looked at so highly but I'd still love a pair because that gray they use around the whole shoe really sets them off. It's a good color combo. 

I like the quality of the YOTR's more than anything. I'm a sucker for little details.

It would be cool to finally get a numbered Jordan on NikeID. This shoe has potential, but the simple design will limit it a bit...

Originally Posted by Zero 0123

Originally Posted by 23RAKIM45

Guess what?!

Believe it or not...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Prob for like $200 though...
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
Better than $200+ to some re-seller for some retros.

IF they offer a decent amount of options for customizing AND IF they keep the shoe real leather with the interchanging midsoles I will be all over this. I will gladly pay $200+. A quality custom shoe sounds awesome.

Damn... If these hit NikeID, I will seriously *!!$!*! in my pants.

23RAKIM45 has been known for reputable info, correct?  Or am I thinking of someone else.  I REALLLLLLLLY hope he's right.  \

Anyways, I'm loving the 2011's.   Best signature Jordan in the last 10+ years other than the XX3's.  I'm thinking they'll be about $190 if they do hit NikeID since a lot of models are usually about $20 above GR retail prices. 

2011 is an EPIC year of releases.  Not even funny.  I hope the Obsidian XII rumors are true too. 

I'll probably get the following, and I'm sure everyone that opts for an ID pair will get these too.

1.  2011- White/Black
2.  2011- Black/White/Red ID (Breds inspired)
3.  2011- Black/White ID (Space Jam inspired)
4.  2011- White/White/Red ID (Columbias inspired, but with a red sole) 
pimp.gif

5.  2011-  White/Black/Red (Original release colorway, but with a red sole)

Damn, that's about$1k.  Ugh...
tired.gif

Originally Posted by heelntoe wit my nyks

Originally Posted by Zero 0123

Originally Posted by 23RAKIM45

Guess what?!

Believe it or not...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Prob for like $200 though...
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
Better than $200+ to some re-seller for some retros.

IF they offer a decent amount of options for customizing AND IF they keep the shoe real leather with the interchanging midsoles I will be all over this. I will gladly pay $200+. A quality custom shoe sounds awesome.

ditto, good quality + good colors/options is worth it.

YOTR is so hypebeast. They could have called any CW the "year of the rabbit" and made it limited and the hypebeasts would go crazy for it, regardless of CW. If the wolf grey/red/gold CW was a GR, these things would sit on the shelves and nobody would care about them at all.

If they called the white/red CW the YOTR, put in in the fancy box and made it a limited release, it is absolutely certain that it would be everybodies favorite CW and all the same hypebeats would be wetting their pants for them.

Some people don't even try to hide their hype beats nature. I constantly see people on NT asking "which CW is the most limited so I know which ones to get?".

You dudes are getting played by JB. All they did was take the wackest CW and slap the "limited" stamp on them knowing you suckers would fall all over yourself for them for no reason other than they're "limited".

SAY NO TO HYPE BEASTS!!!

Originally Posted by OnionSlice

YOTR is so hypebeast. They could have called any CW the "year of the rabbit" and made it limited and the hypebeasts would go crazy for it, regardless of CW. If the wolf grey/red/gold CW was a GR, these things would sit on the shelves and nobody would care about them at all.

If they called the white/red CW the YOTR, put in in the fancy box and made it a limited release, it is absolutely certain that it would be everybodies favorite CW and all the same hypebeats would be wetting their pants for them.

Some people don't even try to hide their hype beats nature. I constantly see people on NT asking "which CW is the most limited so I know which ones to get?".

You dudes are getting played by JB. All they did was take the wackest CW and slap the "limited" stamp on them knowing you suckers would fall all over yourself for them for no reason other than they're "limited".

SAY NO TO HYPE BEASTS!!!

I agree for the most part. The YOTR CW is ok but not the best. If you take away all the smoke and mirrors you have a CW that reminds me of the stealth/white/gold XX3s which was the weakest XX3 CW at least sales wise. If they had excluded the gold details from the 2011s you would have a nice HARE CW.

Back
Top Bottom