Official Air Jordan 2011 thread

Originally Posted by bctwo1

Originally Posted by OnionSlice

YOTR is so hypebeast. They could have called any CW the "year of the rabbit" and made it limited and the hypebeasts would go crazy for it, regardless of CW. If the wolf grey/red/gold CW was a GR, these things would sit on the shelves and nobody would care about them at all.

If they called the white/red CW the YOTR, put in in the fancy box and made it a limited release, it is absolutely certain that it would be everybodies favorite CW and all the same hypebeats would be wetting their pants for them.

Some people don't even try to hide their hype beats nature. I constantly see people on NT asking "which CW is the most limited so I know which ones to get?".

You dudes are getting played by JB. All they did was take the wackest CW and slap the "limited" stamp on them knowing you suckers would fall all over yourself for them for no reason other than they're "limited".

SAY NO TO HYPE BEASTS!!!

I agree for the most part. The YOTR CW is ok but not the best. If you take away all the smoke and mirrors you have a CW that reminds me of the stealth/white/gold XX3s which was the weakest XX3 CW at least sales wise. If they had excluded the gold details from the 2011s you would have a nice HARE CW.

To each his own, but IMHO the YOTR CW is what sets this shoe off.  I mean the blackouts are aight...but I could see myself passing on them.  And I could care less whether they were a GR, QS, or whatever else, I'd get them regardless. And to me the whole comparison to the XX3s is flawed because this is a totally different shoe.  I'll agree that the hypebeasts are definitely out there with these, but I'm not one of them so I could care less.

YOTRs are straight
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

to those whogot their pair already how are they sizewise compared to other jays? do they run narrow? usually a sz11 would fit me just fine but had to go up a size in the 2010s coz of the plastic thing that is hurting near your pinkytoe and the size11 does feel kinda narrow although itdont look like it aestheticwise. but on retro jays im good in an 11 so what size should i be on the 2011 coz ill be ordering online and wont have a chance to try them. tia

I'm worried about the sizing on these because not only is there the length of the insole, but then there is also the length of the midsole edging around the insole. It seems like there would be a good 1/2cm of space infront of the toe and behind the heel.

I'm really digging the wht/blu. Hottest cw in my opinion, but these on Nike ID.... MOTHER OF GOD. endless possibilities.

so i cant find anywhere that says where and when the white/red c.w is releasing..sorry if this was said i just couldnt find it...can anyone help?

Originally Posted by brewcrew17

so i cant find anywhere that says where and when the white/red c.w is releasing..sorry if this was said i just couldnt find it...can anyone help?

Feb. 19th

anyone notice the jumpman and the 23 are on opposite tounges in the pair dwade wears? i think its only on the red ones that is different on his..cause the black are the same i think

YOTR is so hypebeast. They could have called any CW the "year of the rabbit" and made it limited and the hypebeasts would go crazy for it, regardless of CW. If the wolf grey/red/gold CW was a GR, these things would sit on the shelves and nobody would care about them at all.

If they called the white/red CW the YOTR, put in in the fancy box and made it a limited release, it is absolutely certain that it would be everybodies favorite CW and all the same hypebeats would be wetting their pants for them.

Some people don't even try to hide their hype beats nature. I constantly see people on NT asking "which CW is the most limited so I know which ones to get?".

You dudes are getting played by JB. All they did was take the wackest CW and slap the "limited" stamp on them knowing you suckers would fall all over yourself for them for no reason other than they're "limited".

SAY NO TO HYPE BEASTS!!!
^Real talk right there folks.

Originally Posted by IV THA MERCY

but these on Nike ID.... MOTHER OF GOD. endless possibilities.

Just because they're on nikeid  doesn't mean the possibilities are endless. It depend how much customization they are allowing.

They should have just put the jumpman on both shoes.

That's my only problem with the 2011. I love the all star colorway though and the classic colorway.

Originally Posted by Jewelzm3

They should have just put the jumpman on both shoes.

That's my only problem with the 2011. I love the all star colorway though and the classic colorway.
How does that affect the shoe as a whole? Who actually cares about the tongue?

SAY NO TO HYPE BEASTS!!!
FALSE. Don't jump to conclusions buddy. I'm far from being a hypebeast, and I really like the YOTR colorway. I don't care if they make 40 or 40000000 pairs of them. The metallic silver faded leather on the side is beautiful along with the gold accents. The White/Red colorway is pretty ugly to me. I'd have to see them in person to make a decision. The pair Wade wore for Xmas were straight up ugly clown shoes. The new pair has potential though because of the burnt red color they are supposedly. I've never been a fan of a shoe with that much red on the side.

You wanna talk hypebeast? Take that to the Kobe Grinches or the Lebron SB's. These are hardly in that same hypebeast tier. Seems like the trend now is the louder and obnoxious the colorway, the more hypebeasts flock to it. I'm glad the 2010 isn't coming out in a Volt/Teal/Electric Green/Neon colorway. You could have a piece on neon dookie and these fools would jump on it. Now that would be hypebeast. And I know a lot of people are going to be flaming me for saying their beloved Grinches and South Beaches are hypebeast, but let's be honest, I've seen more hypebeasts wearing those shoes because they are limited than anything. The YOTR's are clean yet unique colorway that isn't loud or obnoxious. They look classy, and have nice detail to them. But at the end of the day, to each his own. I just hate people calling everything Hypebeast. Just because it's limited doesn't make it a hypebeast shoe.

Originally Posted by Zero 0123

SAY NO TO HYPE BEASTS!!!
FALSE. Don't jump to conclusions buddy. I'm far from being a hypebeast, and I really like the YOTR colorway. I don't care if they make 40 or 40000000 pairs of them. The metallic silver faded leather on the side is beautiful along with the gold accents. The White/Red colorway is pretty ugly to me. I'd have to see them in person to make a decision. The pair Wade wore for Xmas were straight up ugly clown shoes. The new pair has potential though because of the burnt red color they are supposedly. I've never been a fan of a shoe with that much red on the side.

You wanna talk hypebeast? Take that to the Kobe Grinches or the Lebron SB's. These are hardly in that same hypebeast tier. Seems like the trend now is the louder and obnoxious the colorway, the more hypebeasts flock to it. I'm glad the 2010 isn't coming out in a Volt/Teal/Electric Green/Neon colorway. You could have a piece on neon dookie and these fools would jump on it. Now that would be hypebeast. And I know a lot of people are going to be flaming me for saying their beloved Grinches and South Beaches are hypebeast, but let's be honest, I've seen more hypebeasts wearing those shoes because they are limited than anything. The YOTR's are clean yet unique colorway that isn't loud or obnoxious. They look classy, and have nice detail to them. But at the end of the day, to each his own. I just hate people calling everything Hypebeast. Just because it's limited doesn't make it a hypebeast shoe.

I agree with you, Zero.  I'm just a fan of shoes with gray colorways in them; they match a lot more of what I wear.  I bought the black/gray CMFT 12s for that reason (and, they're super-comfy), so you can scratch the Hypebeast tag here.  I understand the overall point that OnionSlice was making, but let's not use such a broad brush...I'm actually disappointed that they're limited because it will make getting a pair (to actually, you know, wear) more difficult.

As soon as I saw the YOTRs I loved them because they were different than the white and ...whatever two color options were coming out also. I love the grey, red and gold together. Looks clean and upscale in comparison to the basic other options. Then I find out its limited- so my interest was in that shoe before I found out its going to be a pain to get. Disappointing...

I think the term "hypebeasts" is hypebeast within itself haha.... people slappin that word around on anything & everything without knowing why. "yeaaa loud and obnoxious colors = hypebeasts... real limited shoe=hypebeast".... WRONG: Hypebeasts are people who buy or wear shoes without actually liking them just because they wanna be cool and break necks regardless of color or how limited the shoe is... They know nothing about shoes and buy nothing but hyped up releases only just to gain street cred. Example its people who call every single Jordan XI Spacejams...really?

i wonder how different it would be if no one knew how limited shoes were...or didnt get to see if everyone likes them...i dont see how hard it is to just get something YOU like and not care about how limited they are or if other people like them..they are gunna be on YOUR feet and its YOUR money...I love wearing my freshwater or any other griffeys i have cause i personally like them and i never see anyone wearing griffs...its all 13s 12s 11s etc (you get the point). but its just my opinion... and no im not saying that the ppl that wear Js dont like them personally..I just think a lottttt of people that wear them is because everyone els likes them if you guys get what im tryin to say..

Back
Top Bottom