Official Air Jordan 2011 thread

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

Originally Posted by Jewelzm3

Originally Posted by OnionSlice

They should have just put the jumpman on both shoes.

That's my only problem with the 2011. I love the all star colorway though and the classic colorway.
How does that affect the shoe as a whole? Who actually cares about the tongue?
It's my personal preference that's how it affect the shoe for me. I much rather have the jumpman on both of the tongue. If you don't care about the tongue then that's great for you.

Originally Posted by Zero 0123

Originally Posted by Jewelzm3

YOTR is so hypebeast. They could have called any CW the "year of the rabbit" and made it limited and the hypebeasts would go crazy for it, regardless of CW. If the wolf grey/red/gold CW was a GR, these things would sit on the shelves and nobody would care about them at all.

If they called the white/red CW the YOTR, put in in the fancy box and made it a limited release, it is absolutely certain that it would be everybodies favorite CW and all the same hypebeats would be wetting their pants for them.

Some people don't even try to hide their hype beats nature. I constantly see people on NT asking "which CW is the most limited so I know which ones to get?".

You dudes are getting played by JB. All they did was take the wackest CW and slap the "limited" stamp on them knowing you suckers would fall all over yourself for them for no reason other than they're "limited".

SAY NO TO HYPE BEASTS!!!
^Real talk right there folks.
FALSE. Don't jump to conclusions buddy. I'm far from being a hypebeast, and I really like the YOTR colorway. I don't care if they make 40 or 40000000 pairs of them. The metallic silver faded leather on the side is beautiful along with the gold accents. The White/Red colorway is pretty ugly to me. I'd have to see them in person to make a decision. The pair Wade wore for Xmas were straight up ugly clown shoes. The new pair has potential though because of the burnt red color they are supposedly. I've never been a fan of a shoe with that much red on the side.

You wanna talk hypebeast? Take that to the Kobe Grinches or the Lebron SB's. These are hardly in that same hypebeast tier. Seems like the trend now is the louder and obnoxious the colorway, the more hypebeasts flock to it. I'm glad the 2010 isn't coming out in a Volt/Teal/Electric Green/Neon colorway. You could have a piece on neon dookie and these fools would jump on it. Now that would be hypebeast. And I know a lot of people are going to be flaming me for saying their beloved Grinches and South Beaches are hypebeast, but let's be honest, I've seen more hypebeasts wearing those shoes because they are limited than anything. The YOTR's are clean yet unique colorway that isn't loud or obnoxious. They look classy, and have nice detail to them. But at the end of the day, to each his own. I just hate people calling everything Hypebeast. Just because it's limited doesn't make it a hypebeast shoe.
Since you're not a hypebeast I guess that comment doesn't pertain to you.

lol at this talk... the YOTR are easily the hottest CW of this show. Limited, GR, whatever. that's plain and simple.

^Ha, ha nope buddy the White/black 2011's are hotter gonna be classic like the Concords!

These would look amazing on Mike in a home or road Bulls jersey
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by AirUpTempo23

mad.gif
now, i am undecided if i will settle for the yotr or the playoff 13's! what do you think guys?

I always thought the p xiii's were too plain, so if you a can get your hands on yotr, I'd get those.

Originally Posted by AirUpTempo23

mad.gif
now, i am undecided if i will settle for the yotr or the playoff 13's! what do you think guys?
With the way JB's been retro-ing sneakers, you'll probably be able to grab the 'Playoff' XIIIs a year from now. Get the AJ XXVIs instead.

who els has a feeling that a lot of people will be passing on the white/black colorway..and instead want the YOTR...then a year from now regret getting the white black pair....

ha and what if the white/black had some accents of concord purple on them...that would change minds about them i bet

Fact...............the air jordan 2011 is better than most of the jordan sigs that have come out lately
Fact.................. 160 isnt that much when you consider you are getting 2 different midsoles
Fact................... No matter what people think all the colorways will end up at the outlets for $50 or less

Fact.........You can only wear one midsole at a time
Fact.........160 IS that much and just cause all shoes now are around that price doesn't mean they are worth it..it just means everyone is dumb enough to think that they are "worth it" since they come with 2 different midsoles and cause other shoes cost around the same price..when all of these Js are definatly not all worth 150+

Example...revenue for Nike Inc. for 2009 was 19.2 BILLION. so no one can say that these are a good price...its called marketing

this is def the hottest sig since the XX3, and before that...well, that's opinion I suppose. $160 is pricey, no doubt, esp when Kobe's shoes—the best performer on the market—are $130. BUt once you have a jumpman pon a shoe, you know its $150 or above. Bottom line, I see these as being the first great sig in a while. YOTR and the white/black are gorgeous shoes. Will be interesting to see about the soles, but one performance review I read said they are like night and day, meaning totally legit difference for perimeter players and big guys.

@brewcrew17.....man if I was paying $160 for sneakers I would have so many more......Try coming up north to Canada where we pay 209.99 for for AJ XI's or when the playoff XIII's come out theyll be $219.99

I'm pretty sure the white/black and the white/red will go down in kickstory as the classic CW's of the AJ2011. I highly doubt 10 years from now people will be itching for YOTR retros.

Originally Posted by brewcrew17

who els has a feeling that a lot of people will be passing on the white/black colorway..and instead want the YOTR...then a year from now regret getting the white black pair....

ha and what if the white/black had some accents of concord purple on them...that would change minds about them i bet

Haha yea I don't think so.. white/blk could be a classic hit with or without concord on em

From what I've been hearing, these run at least half a size big. Has anybody with early pairs noticed this to be the case?

From what I've been hearing, these run at least half a size big. Has anybody with early pairs noticed this to be the case?

nope they run true, I've played in them a few times and they are perfect.

Originally Posted by micheal623

So they don't have empty space in the toe?

Originally Posted by micheal623

So they don't have empty space in the toe?
I don't want my toes to rub on the toe box but there's no extra space that would cause my feet to slip.

Back
Top Bottom