Official Air Jordan 2011 thread

179463_161407787245128_113589525360288_350930_5190357_n.jpg

Tried on the white/black earlier and they are very light like some ppl have said. but i wasnt feeling the colorway.
THESE NEED TO RELEASE ASAP PLS.

I just got my white/reds and I wish I knew how to post pictures. They are suite. I havent even tried them on and they are becoming one of my favorites fast. The leather is like the straps on Loius Vuitton purses. It's nice but it's going to collect scratches like a mother don't let other shoes come near them in particular when playing ball. Nevertheless im very satisfied. I will try them on and give my perspective on the comfort level.

Also I wear a size 12 and the bags for the mid soles are big enough to carry both of them! They are pretty big. I've been purchasing J's since 1998 (I was 18) and these are great!

I'll continue my praise once I wear them (1 hour or so).

I went to the stores and checked these out. The Red pair looks better than Black but I dont know if I can justify paying 170 for team looking Jordan-Lebron PS shoe especially with the Playoff XIII coming out next week. If they go down to like 120 I`ll probably get them.

I hope if they do more colorways they get creative with the colorways.

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

I went to the stores and checked these out. The Red pair looks better than Black but I dont know if I can justify paying 170 for team looking Jordan-Lebron PS shoe especially with the Playoff XIII coming out next week. If they go down to like 120 I`ll probably get them.

I hope if they do more colorways they get creative with the colorways.

Im with this...

when i first saw pics of the 2011s i wasn't wow'ed or amazed but after some time they did grow on me and i like them a lot now, especially that blackout pair.
on the court or with shorts, i think they look pretty cool, but they just don't appeal to me with jeans. it might just be me but they don't look right with jeans. to each his own though.

yea i wasnt feeling the 2011s because of how bad they looked on dwades feet when he unveiled them.

these are definitely nice looking imo but im kinda torn on what price i want to pay for them.

i went to my mall today to look at them in person but i guess 2011s didnt get much love in baltimore like that.

Still hate that the damn all-stars and YOTRs only went up to a 13, but it's cool, copped myself a pair of 3s as therapy! Here's to hoping the all black 2011s are a GR!

Granted I'm glad i got my pair (blues) on NDC, but I wish the whole "FNL isnt gettin them" info came out earlier, I spent a good 2 hrs calling FNL spots all over the seattle-bellingham areas. SMH...

^^Wht/Reds are amazing! All four colors are amazing! Since the 13's (bought most of the OG XIV's but not really feeling them anymore) I've only liked the XVI's, all red XXI's, Steal & QS XX's, & XX3's. 2011's brought JB back for me.

In my opinion these are the best signature Jordan's since the XX3's.

These for some odd reason remind me of the Jordan XXII's just revamped and more thought out.

Maybe it's the clear soles and the vents by the collar area.

Overall great shoe in my opinion. All Stars are growing on me.

When I think Air jordan I think well thougt out patterns and colors. The performance always dictated style. If these didn't have a Jumpman nobody would be checking for them. I can easily see these being some Reeboks that sit on the shelf. When will people realize the power of logos? That is what it is. It's the power that the signature Air Jordan and the Jumpman holds. It is not about groundbreaking design or even innovation. I used to walk miles to the mall just to see the lastest Air Jordan but now I don't even want to drive a couple of miles to the mall near my house to see these. If I offend the Jordan faithful my apologies but this is my truth. For as long as I can remember I wanted to design Air Jordans. This is really sad to see because I truly feel that I can do a lot better. If I ever get the chance to design for Jordan Brand I promise to do my best to get back to the original flavor that brought all of us together to sit down and eat at the table of Air Jordan.

Here's some information on the fit, and other information that I got from talking in detail with a Jordan Brand Rep. that was at the Culver City Jordan Brand / Footaction event. I'm sure most of this has been heard somewhere, but maybe not some parts.

1. I tried all six colorways on (white/black, white/varsity-royal, white/varsity-red, YOTR's, white/white/powder-blue(?), and white/white/true-red(?) and he reason why some people say they run big and some say small is because of the following:
- Yes, there is a little extra room in the toe area, but not THAT much. Because the Jordan 2011 has an internal sockliner/bootie, they do fit a little snug up top. Overall, I would say stick with your regular size unless you have really narrow feet. If they are a little big, you can tie them up a little tighter. But if go a half-size down and they are a little snug, you can't do anything but hope that they'll stretch out since they are a one-piece internal sockliner/bootie construction.

2. The Jordan Brand x G-Shock watches were being released during All-Star Weekend ONLY. Only 5 per color (Red, Black, Blue), per day, were being sold. Very limited.

3. As for the white patent shoes with the Carolina/Powder blue and/or True-Red midsole you see in various pictures, they were being used as try-on pairs for customers. That way, employees wouldn't have to run back and grab boxes, unbox them, etc.
- After talking to the Jordan Brand Rep. about these , they said that these colorways MIGHT be released later on due to the demand that was seen for them during this event.

4. Anniversary model releases: III, IV, IX, XI
- What's so special about releasing these again is that you had the choice to buy each one on a specific day for retail price, or for approximately $50 more (and limited to a handful of pairs each day) you could get any of the pairs laser etched with whatever you wanted. Ex. Anywhere possible on the shoe, you could laser on your name, cement print (on certain areas only), Jumpman/Flight logos, numbers, etc. Along with the lasering on-site, they custom lasered lace-tags with the purchase (I think that's what they're called) out of your choice of colored plastic. You are able to get anything that you wanted on it. (That would fit on the length of the lace-tag.)
- Along with the Anniversarys, you could laser the Comfort VIS 11 in White/Red and/or White/Blue, as well as customer screen printing of your choice on a select group of shirts and outerwear.

I know I'm missing some stuff, so I'll post more if I remember.

Originally Posted by KingHeru1

When I think Air jordan I think well thougt out patterns and colors. The performance always dictated style. If these didn't have a Jumpman nobody would be checking for them. I can easily see these being some Reeboks that sit on the shelf. When will people realize the power of logos? That is what it is. It's the power that the signature Air Jordan and the Jumpman holds. It is not about groundbreaking design or even innovation. I used to walk miles to the mall just to see the lastest Air Jordan but now I don't even want to drive a couple of miles to the mall near my house to see these. If I offend the Jordan faithful my apologies but this is my truth. For as long as I can remember I wanted to design Air Jordans. This is really sad to see because I truly feel that I can do a lot better. If I ever get the chance to design for Jordan Brand I promise to do my best to get back to the original flavor that brought all of us together to sit down and eat at the table of Air Jordan.

I dont know about

Have you seen them in person?  they are a nice shoe but they just arent worth 170 plus tax 

Went to the mall today to check them out in person...very pleased that I was able to ge the All Star's! Quality is great, presentation is great, and they are extremely comfortable. IMO they fit true to size, I will definitely be coppin the black patent and another pair to hoop in. Hoping that I can get future releases for under retail tho! I think they are great for casual wear and on court performance! Was debating wether to get Lebron v2, adidas Beast or Jordan 2011 for ball and I think Im going to go with JB. Lovin the 2011's
pimp.gif

i can't decide whether i want to ball in em or kick it casually in em. I got a rotation of 4 pairs of kobe 5's (all only worn a few times each) for 2 nights a week of ball. Personally I prefer the simple black and white cw.

by the way, i'm in australia where our $ is on par with the american $ and these are retailing for $280!!!

Picked up my white/red, really like these.  Love the simple design/look, plus the are comfortable as hell

Originally Posted by KingHeru1

let me guess, youd draw up something similiar to a vi or xi... smh

Originally Posted by dannykcha

Here's some information on the fit, and other information that I got from talking in detail with a Jordan Brand Rep. that was at the Culver City Jordan Brand / Footaction event. I'm sure most of this has been heard somewhere, but maybe not some parts.

1. I tried all six colorways on (white/black, white/varsity-royal, white/varsity-red, YOTR's, white/white/powder-blue(?), and white/white/true-red(?) and he reason why some people say they run big and some say small is because of the following:
- Yes, there is a little extra room in the toe area, but not THAT much. Because the Jordan 2011 has an internal sockliner/bootie, they do fit a little snug up top. Overall, I would say stick with your regular size unless you have really narrow feet. If they are a little big, you can tie them up a little tighter. But if go a half-size down and they are a little snug, you can't do anything but hope that they'll stretch out since they are a one-piece internal sockliner/bootie construction.

2. The Jordan Brand x G-Shock watches were being released during All-Star Weekend ONLY. Only 5 per color (Red, Black, Blue), per day, were being sold. Very limited.

3. As for the white patent shoes with the Carolina/Powder blue and/or True-Red midsole you see in various pictures, they were being used as try-on pairs for customers. That way, employees wouldn't have to run back and grab boxes, unbox them, etc.
- After talking to the Jordan Brand Rep. about these , they said that these colorways MIGHT be released later on due to the demand that was seen for them during this event.

4. Anniversary model releases: III, IV, IX, XI
- What's so special about releasing these again is that you had the choice to buy each one on a specific day for retail price, or for approximately $50 more (and limited to a handful of pairs each day) you could get any of the pairs laser etched with whatever you wanted. Ex. Anywhere possible on the shoe, you could laser on your name, cement print (on certain areas only), Jumpman/Flight logos, numbers, etc. Along with the lasering on-site, they custom lasered lace-tags with the purchase (I think that's what they're called) out of your choice of colored plastic. You are able to get anything that you wanted on it. (That would fit on the length of the lace-tag.)
- Along with the Anniversarys, you could laser the Comfort VIS 11 in White/Red and/or White/Blue, as well as customer screen printing of your choice on a select group of shirts and outerwear.

I know I'm missing some stuff, so I'll post more if I remember.

Thanks for that.
wink.gif
  The laser etching is something I always wanted done.

Back
Top Bottom