>Official Air Jordan 2014 Release Dates

The term "Bred" is typically and should only be used for Chicago Bulls/Miami Heat themed colorways, but since we're talking about Jordan's and I'm a Bulls fan we'll just keep it at Chicago Bulls themed colorways that are only black combined with a true shade of red as it's accent colors. True Infrared like this years shade being used is completely different than the color red even though Infrared ends with red. Since you're new to Jordan's I'll post some images of what people typically call a "Bred" Jordan shoe.

Jordan Retro 1 High "Bred"

Jordan Retro 4 "Bred"

Jordan Retro 5 "Bred"

Jordan Retro 6 Black/Varsity Red "Bred"

Jordan Retro 11 "Bred"

Jordan Retro 12 "Bred"

Jordan Retro 13 "Bred"

I'm sure you get the point now, after seeing some Black/Infrared VI's I can see why they would be considered "Bred" but if there is a Black/Infrared release this year I guess we will really see if they should still be confused as a Bred Jordan shoe or if it should strictly be limited to it's Black/Varsity Red counterpart. I hope this helped clear up some confusion.
Thank you, that was very helpful. I do see the differences in the type of red.

None of them should be called bred please don't promote the use of that word on any retro mike wore please. Banned black cement playoff etc dude had it right
x2, calling anything that is predominantly black and some shade of red a bred colorway is just lazy, call em by their known names

None of them should be called bred please don't promote the use of that word on any retro mike wore please. Banned black cement playoff etc dude had it right

You guy's complaining about me classifying all those shoe's as "Bred" are just straight up lazy, there was a reason why I simplified it and labeled them all "Bred" even though I myself don't call them "Bred." A member who is new to Jordan's was wondering why the Bred 1's or 4's can be considered "Bred" but not the Black/Infrared 6 colorway so I thought it would be easier to post pictures as an example to show the difference between what can be considered Bred and what wouldn't be considered a Bred colorway.

Thank you, that was very helpful. I do see the differences in the type of red.

No problem man, I'm glad I could help, if you have any other questions feel free to ask me and if I'm able to answer them I'll try my best or I'll point you in the right direction.

x2, calling anything that is predominantly black and some shade of red a bred colorway is just lazy, call em by their known names

This thread isn't even that long, if you weren't lazy and went back a page or two you would realize that a member is new to Jordan's and wanted to know why Black/Infrared 6's can't be considered "Bred" so the easiest way was to get shoe's with the right shade of red as an example as to why these would be Bred and the colorway for the Black/Infrared 6's wouldn't be. In a small thread please go back a page or two and see why the topic arose in the first place before you go calling someone trying to help someone lazy.

I don't like to use any of the names they call shoes, but I do for younger people that were not alive when Mike played, or the ones too young to remember the shoes.

I don't understand some names like a playoff 12 or 13, makes no sense and some of these so called OG's really believe that, you not an OG stop, if anything they are the all-star 12's and 13's he first wore them in the all-star games not the playoffs

K.

I don't like to use any of the names they call shoes, but I do for younger people that were not alive when Mike played, or the ones too young to remember the shoes.

I don't understand some names like a playoff 12 or 13, makes no sense and some of these so called OG's really believe that, you not an OG stop, if anything they are the all-star 12's and 13's he first wore them in the all-star games not the playoffs

I was just trying to help someone new to Jordan's understand why Infrared wouldn't be considered a "Bred" to the people who use the title "Bred." But it seems like no one is into helping new people out and skipping through my explanations (not talking about you). My reasoning for labeling all those black and red shoe's as "Bred" was to not confuse the person and show the difference in reds, I didn't want to confuse the person even more by throwing all these different names and be real technical. My main priority was to explain that just because Infrared ends in red doesn't mean it falls under the "Bred" category.

K.
I was just trying to help someone new to Jordan's understand why Infrared wouldn't be considered a "Bred" to the people who use the title "Bred." But it seems like no one is into helping new people out and skipping through my explanations (not talking about you). My reasoning for labeling all those black and red shoe's as "Bred" was to not confuse the person and show the difference in reds, I didn't want to confuse the person even more by throwing all these different names and be real technical. My main priority was to explain that just because Infrared ends in red doesn't mean it falls under the "Bred" category.

I feel you, I have always said black/red when it comes to Jordan's, but a lot of people I know call the Jordan xi's Bred and the rest accept the 12's bred they call the 12's flu-games but with all the different names people use if the person you helping called the 4's bred and not black/cement no reason why people should try to bash them.

The only ones I can think of that are just black/red are the 12,13,and 15s, all the other black/red have white, grey, cement, or another color on them so bred or black cement who cares, my point was to help the newer guy I was saying people been using wrong names for shoes and others accept it, so they should leave him alone

Last edited:
I feel you, I have always said black/red when it comes to Jordan's, but a lot of people I know call the Jordan xi's Bred and the rest accept the 12's bred they call the 12's flu-games but with all the different names people use if the person you helping called the 4's bred and not black/cement no reason why people should try to bash them.

The only ones I can think of that are just black/red are the 12,13,and 15s, all the other black/red have white, grey, cement, or another color on them so bred or black cement who cares, my point was to help the newer guy I was saying people been using wrong names for shoes and others accept it, so they should leave him alone

Well he didn't understand at first why the rumored black/infrared retro 6's couldn't be labeled "Bred" and I was explaining that the shade of Infrared was different than a varsity red or gym red basically any type of red that people would label as the correct color for a Bred shoe. Once I posted the pictures he even replied back to me a few posts above thanking me because he now saw the difference in the two color's and why Infrared wouldn't be a "Bred" labeled Jordan even though it ends in red. I would have used the common proper names or just said the individual colors, but I wanted to help with the confusion since he's new to Jordan's and well either a few people above got butt hurt or were trolling trying to give me a hard time for helping a fellow member out.

Well he didn't understand at first why the rumored black/infrared retro 6's couldn't be labeled "Bred" and I was explaining that the shade of Infrared was different than a varsity red or gym red basically any type of red that people would label as the correct color for a Bred shoe. Once I posted the pictures he even replied back to me a few posts above thanking me because he now saw the difference in the two color's and why Infrared wouldn't be a "Bred" labeled Jordan even though it ends in red. I would have used the common proper names or just said the individual colors, but I wanted to help with the confusion since he's new to Jordan's and well either a few people above got butt hurt or were trolling trying to give me a hard time for helping a fellow member out.

They should have respected his opinion always haters, but that's good you helped him and others bashed him

My man I wasn't trying attack you or call you out. No need to take all this to heart I'm aware your helping some guy out what I was saying was instead of promoting the new generation of using that why don't we educate them on what's right first? Then they can make the decision to call them whichever one they want afterwards. I taught my cousin the proper names for all and he said it makes more sense that way. The way I see bred is used for anyone doing it for a fashion standpoint. The ones that know their stuff and love the player/culture/ etc would refer to it by how it was remembered. I'm aware most nicknames are from the color codes but it was always the color that made the shoe "different". Take black cement 4s they use the smallest amount of red in Jordan's predominant black shoes why call them bred? Cement is the color that made that shoe hence why it's called that. Bred is a lazy term! Even take Concords, it's a small amount of it used but since the rest of the shoe is just black and white it was concord that made the shoe different. The thing about it is most of Jordan's shoes that have black and red usually have a lot more history than the other cws, by calling them bred takes away from that history. Jordan won his 4th Championship on Fathers Day (sad day because he's father was dead) and all throughout those playoffs calling those breds is just criminal to me!

Last edited:
[quote ="SteeloGreen" url="/t/578522/official-air-jordan-2014-release-dates/540#post_20136302"]My man I wasn't trying attack you or call you out. No need to take all this to heart I'm aware your helping some guy out what I was saying was instead of promoting the new generation of using that why don't we educate them on what's right first? Then they can make the decision to call them whichever one they want afterwards. I taught my cousin the proper names for all and he said it makes more sense that way. The way I see bred is used for anyone doing it for a fashion standpoint. The ones that know their stuff and love the player/culture/ etc would refer to it by how it was remembered. I'm aware most nicknames are from the color codes but it was always the color that made the shoe "different". Take black cement 4s they use the smallest amount of red in Jordan's predominant black shoes why call them bred? Cement is the color that made that shoe hence why it's called that. Bred is a lazy term! Even take Concords, it's a small amount of it used but since the rest of the shoe is just black and white it was concord that made the shoe different. The thing about it is most of Jordan's shoes that have black and red usually have a lot more history than the other cws, by calling them bred takes away from that history. Jordan won his 4th Championship on Fathers Day (sad day because he's father was dead) and all throughout those playoffs calling those breds is just criminal to me![/quote]

Well I haven't taken anything personal, this is only the internet. I just got frustrated that everyone seemed focused on correcting me with the names as if I didn't know them or called them by their names. It just happened to be that I was asked what was the difference between the regular red that we know and is commonly associated with "Bred" and Infrared, and why couldn't Infrared fall under the "Bred" category. This person said they were new to Jordan's and I was going to go that route, first show him the regular shade of red that falls under "Bred" labeled shoe's (he had obviously seen the Infrared color because he thanked me and told me he saw the difference in the two color's). I was waiting for his reply so I could then correct myself and then tell him "well all these shoe's I showed you are black and red but their proper name is..." But before any of that could actually happen I had a numerous amount of random replies ignoring the original conversation and just basically crossing out all the "Bred" example titles, replacing them with the proper shoe name, and followed by "fixed" and well after a while I just felt like people were thinking I was stupid and naming every black and red shoe "Bred." If I would have known that so many people were willing to help the person out and spread some knowledge I would have gladly kept my post to myself and let someone else do it. But I let some time pass by and I wasn't seeing any takers. Anyways, this thread has been derailed enough over nothing serious, the person understood, I'm sure he saw the actual names to the shoe's, and well we should all embrace new members or members who may be new to this side of the NikeTalk in my opinion.

I can't believe dudes are actually typing essays about the "aka's" of Jordan sneakers 
laugh.gif

I could've sworn the Black/Red 4s were called Breds..
Call 'em whatever you want bruh. Fact is that the colorway on the side of the box says black/cement-gray, thus the reason for the black/cement nickname.

Thinkin bout the XI lows...

Carmine and Black/Red 6's is a must. I hope I can get my hands on a pair... Or 2... Or 3..

Turning into a typical year where ill be copping multiple pairs of Js. White/red 2s, concord lows, carmines, cigars, champagnes, red suede 14s, sport blues, true blacks. Guess ima spend at least a stack.. Smh

Back
Top Bottom