Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

Lets put proper perspective with whats transpiring....

OG's all da way up to da 2003's were $100

They now want 200 bucks, this price hike is WORSE then

Da XI's going from $125 to $180...JB is DEFINITELY banking

On da prestigious nike air to sell these. Imma cop but da quality

Better be there.
Resellers man. Nike can see how much people are willing to pay for their product, and can basically use the resellers as guinea pigs. It shouldn't surprise anyone for all these retros to eventually start hitting the $200 mark and above, because it's proven that people are still willing to pay well over $200 resell prices for some of their new releases.

Better be there.
Yeah, im holding out to see how they do, I would rather wait and pay a higher price then to spend $200 and they turn out to be trash.....

Yeah, im holding out to see how they do, I would rather wait and pay a higher price then to spend $200 and they turn out to be trash.....

If your gonna buy them, then buy them. Why wait and pay more? That's feeding the exact beast we're all looking to bring down. If you want the shoe, cop it. If you don't like it, unload it to the next dude looking for a pair for retail and keep the karma moving. I"m buying them ONLY because my 2011's are beat and this is the CHEAPEST option for a new pair of WC 3's. Nike Air is in no way making this $200 price tag any better. They SHOULD be $150 given the inflation rate from 2003 to now. Smh....$200. Every time I say the price, the more I say to myself "make the girlfriend pay for half" :smh:

Better be there.

Resellers man. Nike can see how much people are willing to pay for their product, and can basically use the resellers as guinea pigs. It shouldn't surprise anyone for all these retros to eventually start hitting the $200 mark and above, because it's proven that people are still willing to pay well over $200 resell prices for some of their new releases.

This. That idea was in the back of my mind 10+ years ago when this phenomenon first started. I remember seeing people try to sell kicks for $275 and that was astronomical at the time. Now? It's on the lower end of the price scale, and for lesser quality shoes no less :smh:. Resellers definitely threw a monkey wrench in the scheme of things overall. I paid $160 for my '03's (I actually bought them in 2004) and that wasn't that bad. Most were going for $200-225 at the time. Nike keeps doing this with no vaseline, no bueno.

Last edited:
Da XIs this year are $190 actually.
wtf they seriously just going to raise prices every year now? 
mean.gif

Slowly testing to see what people are willing to pay.

Soon they will be $200.

mean.gif
Yep! Each consumer has a maximum price they are willing to pay. Even if some consumers are not willing to pay the higher price, it is unlikely that all consumers will refuse to pay more so I can see that the price will keep increasing!

would most of you prefer the new plastic leather, paint chipping and nike air... or premium leather with the jumpman lol. cmon

would most of you prefer the new plastic leather, paint chipping and nike air... or premium leather with the jumpman lol. cmon
premium leather with jumpman. My jeans will most likely cover up the heel so you can't even tell what the back has. Give me full grain, plush leather. You just don't see full grain leather anymore on sneakers.

premium leather with jumpman. My jeans will most likely cover up the heel so you can't even tell what the back has. Give me full grain, plush leather. You just don't see full grain leather anymore on sneakers.

I highly doubt it will come back. What incentive to they have to do that since "we" as the collective consumer bite on whatever they put out. I wish we could make them more accountable quality wise.

I highly doubt it will come back. What incentive to they have to do that since "we" as the collective consumer bite on whatever they put out. I wish we could make them more accountable quality wise.

It'll come back once JB begins to fall off to the masses, and the true enthusiast are left. Then they'd have to produce better quality shoes, because most of us majority of the time sit out on cheap quality. My personal philosophy.

Last edited:
When's the last time they gave us a GR that had premium leather??? The last shoe that had premium leather was banned 1's which they scrapped and sent to outlets.... I say if you want these 3's then buy it if not who cares..... The days of quality from JB are over so if you like something buy it if not keep it moving....

It'll come back once JB begins to fall off to the masses, and the true enthusiast are left. Then they'd have to produce better quality shoes, because most of us majority of the time sit out on cheap quality. My personal philosophy.
Pretty much what I was going to say. At the rate they are rereleasing these I find every excuse not to buy the shoe. Selling ones that weren't up to par. Like the Oly VIs and FR IVs

i would cop if it were the 4s, 5s, 6s in a colorway i didn't already have, this shoe recently came out, no thanks

I am definitely going to exercise my logic, intellect and common sense and NOT exercise my ignorance

to associate quality with a JB retro is plain foolish. Word to everything that I love

Premium leather & Jumpman all day everyday around the clock year round. They can keep the Nike Air if that's the case. Why don't they just dye the midsole and get it over with. Smh :smh:

Yes you do. Rebbok Questions, especially the NYE ones. Super plush leather.

Back
Top Bottom