:::Official Air Jordan IV Retro "Cavs" release thread 5/12/12: NO BUYING, SELLING OR TRADING!::

I'm very happy with the quality of my pair. :D I was happy to get them at a decent price before these go up. I want a second pair but they are getting harder n harder to find at a good price.

Thunders had the best quality of all the 4s from last year.
Hands down.

Thunders had the 2012 version of Durabuck, which was nice to see... But the Cavs quality went above and beyond, imo. Those Cavs are monsters in the quality game. As far as the entire 2012 IV family, the BCIV is still my favorite, by far, mainly because it's in my all-time top 3. If only the BCIV was produced with the same material as either the Thunder or the Cavs :smokin

IDK I think the Cav Quality was the best. Best quality in any Jordan I have seen in a long time.
I never got the Playoff 7s but I was told those were really good too.

I agree with you on all accounts... Additionally, the Thunders are easily the most durable of the 2012 IVs. Just pulled out all of them, and while the WCIV is a tank (for a white shoe), the Thunder is the IV that will be able to withstand the most abuse. Also, while having them ALL out, man, that Military IV was mad slept on. It truly is a well-crafted OG CW; The leather is so soft. And speaking of soft... I don't wear my Varsity Red IV much, but man, it looks like I played in the Rucker. For real... That was the only IV of the year that insta-creased, basically from just looking at it. And not just the toe box... The WHOLE shoe creases instantly. It's comfortable though, which is what we SHOULD care about haha :smokin

I agree with you on all accounts... Additionally, the Thunders are easily the most durable of the 2012 IVs. Just pulled out all of them, and while the WCIV is a tank (for a white shoe), the Thunder is the IV that will be able to withstand the most abuse. Also, while having them ALL out, man, that Military IV was mad slept on. It truly is a well-crafted OG CW; The leather is so soft. And speaking of soft... I don't wear my Varsity Red IV much, but man, it looks like I played in the Rucker. For real... That was the only IV of the year that insta-creased, basically from just looking at it. And not just the toe box... The WHOLE shoe creases instantly. It's comfortable though, which is what we SHOULD care about haha :smokin
I agree on all accounts! I got my Miitaries a few days after release for under retail on eBay.
I got my true size again because people were saying it was TTS. The width is true to size but there is some room on the toebox. I dont wear mine as much as I want because of that. dont want it to crease up like that. Im thinking of getting another insole and putting it on top of the one inside (instead of replacing it) for a tighter fit. hope that works

The WC is a tank period. Wore it over 40 times this year and it is still in 9.5~ condition. I wish I doubled up. instead of getting the Fire Red. Haven't worn em. I decided to toss those low quality shoe on eBay. Far too low quality to justify a $175 purchase. Rather use that loot on the FRIIIs coming out. Hell my first pair crease from me trying on the shoe and walking from my bed to my mirror :smh: I returned that pair and got a pair with a minor precrease on the side but far less issues. First pair had stains, dents on the midsole, etc.

Last edited:
The fire red was the same as the Mars from 2006, with hopefully better pair that wont chip. I agree with the military IV too, much better than its last incarnation as well.

Quality-wise imo

1. Thunder
2. WC
3. BC
4. Mil Blue
5. Fire red

Tough decision between wc, bc, and mil blue because they all have pros and cons bout them. Bc - overall quality good, soft nubuck instead durabuck. Wc - durable, and dont crease. Mil blues - soft buttery leather, easier creasing. I didnt get the cavs but heard they real nice quality wise.

Sorry for the gravedig, but I saw these customs done by Mache, and had to post it here.

2cnb24x.png

If only THESE released...

The Cavs we got are nice, but these are on another level!

:smokin

What do you think NT?

Sorry for the gravedig, but I saw these customs done by Mache, and had to post it here.

2cnb24x.png

What do you think NT?

I love shoes that have a color other than black or white. Call me crazy and I did pick up almost everything this year but the Toro Bravo spizikes or whatever their called have been my favorite pair from 2012. I would love to have a blue version of something similar - something like this. People always instantly recognize you have something special when its in color like that.

Those Mache customs are are pretty sick , I love my cavs tho perfect shoe.

Another shoe I should of doubled up on

Last edited:

2cnb24x.png

What do you think NT?
Damn
that is what they shouldve done!
It would've been impossible to get

Last edited:

2cnb24x.png

smokin.gif

What do you think NT?
RIDICULOUS! Those are crazy hot.

I recently sold my 2nd (and last) pair of Cavs...I was sad to see them go, but I'm transitioning away from J's and just trying to keep a couple of the OG cw that I have the most sentimental value with (Bred XI, Space Jams, Bugs Bunny 8s, etc)

Maybe I'll grab these again down the road. Very nice shoe.

Deez look more like Knicks rather than Cavs...maybe if they were a white shoe I'd see Cavs...pass

Back
Top Bottom