Official Air Jordan IV white/cement release thread 2/18/12:::NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING:::

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you ordered from offspring call them and ask to remove VAT from your order. That should save you £20. I have asked them in the past if they remove VAT and they said yes. Tell them you were told they removed VAT.

Originally Posted by MARIOisHOT

160 + tax 16 bucks give or take = $175 pretty much is retail.

If you ask me that is way too much for a retro with bad quality.

I feel sorry for all the new kids that just started getting to shoes in the last 5 years.

Jordan Brand is pretty slick man. The price point was just right to have people still bite.

I wonder if the MsRP would have been $200 would people still buy.

I don't think so but if you really look at it your 5 singles and 2 ten dollar bills away from $200 from a chipping piece of $@$# product.

Be smart younglings be smart .....

Yeah and a subway ride was 1.50 in 99. Now it's 2.50. That's a 66% increase its outrageous! Younglins be smart walk everywhere or buy a skateboard it's more gas efficient. Speaking of gas it used to be like $2 dollars a gallon now it's $4. Be smart Younglins don't buy a car or buy a hybrid!I'm tired of this conversation if you were to look at the price of a ton of things you will find a greater increase percentage wise than the 60% these things went up. You really are ageing yourself when you talk about how much something used to cost "in your day" sounding like a grandfather. It's a fairly economic principle called inflation. Prices and wages go up over time old man. I probably make 30-40% more than I would have 13 years ago with the same job and experience.

if you only order one from the UK sites you shouldnt have to pay custom fees. most of the people that order multiple pairs got charged for concords..

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

I'm just gonna try my luck Friday night with a website that first word rhymes with Mikey, and second word is somewhere you go shopping. If that doesn't work, I'll try a website where the first word is the opposite of West, and the second word rhymes with Day. And if all else fails, I'll just go to the mall early and hit up a store where the first word is a part of your body that you put into shoes, and the second word is something where people used to put their gym clothes in High School
roll.gif

I almost let nostalgia get the best of me for this release and all the pre-order riddlery in this thread 
laugh.gif

My sense of nostalgia died when I realized the round-trip plane ticket that I bought from Chicago to LA was only $10 more than these at retail + tax.  Maybe I'll re-consider the next time JB releases these, but at $200.
eyes.gif

Good luck to all of you though.

I have yet to be charged a customs fee when purchasing from any European site. I've ordered multiples since the cool greys dropped including 6 pairs of concords (2 in one shipment from UI) and was good. The $250 limit is a myth at best. But I'd appreciate if y'all stayed off the European sites until all of my pairs have been secured
roll.gif

i just cant wait to get these in my stable of hot kix

imo these are one of the greatest pairs of jordans alltime , def in top 5

come tonight the # of pages in this post will jump by 50................................................................peace23

THESE KICKS ARE REALLY SELLING OUT EARLY AT 250-275 !!!!! WOW....
WALKED INTO MY LOCAL SHOPS IN QUEENS.... I WAS ASKING THE LADY AT THE REGISTER HOW MUCH FOR THE 4'S  JUST AS SOMEONE FINISHED PAYING FOR THEM....275!!! WOW I DIDNT PAY ANYWHERE NEAR THAT FOR ANY RELEASE INCLUDING CONCORDS....
OTHER STORES IN THE AREA ARE ALREADY SOLD OUT...
ALTHOUGH, I WAS SHOCKED TO SEE MY FAV SPOT STILL HAD THE CHI X'S AND WHITE V'S IN MY SIZE FOR REGULAR PRICE...

ITS CRAZY HOW PPL CAN THROW OUT 250-275 FOR A PAIR OF 160 DOLLAR KICKS...

Originally Posted by SWADE23

WALKED INTO MY LOCAL SHOPS IN QUEENS.... I WAS ASKING THE LADY AT THE REGISTER HOW MUCH FOR THE 4'S  JUST AS SOMEONE FINISHED PAYING FOR THEM....275!!! WOW I DIDNT PAY ANYWHERE NEAR THAT FOR ANY RELEASE INCLUDING CONCORDS....
ALTHOUGH, I WAS SHOCKED TO SEE MY FAV SPOT STILL HAD THE CHI X'S AND WHITE V'S IN MY SIZE FOR REGULAR PRICE...

that's how it is 

Welcome to the 2012 sneaker game homey.......

As always a easy pick up in chicago easy walk in and walk out for retail....Picked up yesterday but couldnt post till this morning  

The 2 pair limit/$250 customs fee is NO myth...it is hit or miss whether you get dinged with it.
THat applies to both USPS and FedEx in my experience.

Originally Posted by Workaveli

Can't wait for Eastbay to go down, and everyone to complain...

Why would that be something you want??? Pretty sure the rest of us want Eastbay to work for once
The hype for these in my area isn't too big, I guess i'll see what its really hitting for in the morning 

Originally Posted by West Coast Avenger

Welcome to the 2012 sneaker game homey.......

YEA I GUESS... IM ON THIS BOARD DAILY, POST OR NO POST... AND I SEE WHAT GOES ON... THIS KINDA STUFF JUST MAKES ME SAY WOW! I COULDNT DO IT... I COULDNT PAY 100+ OVER RETAIL AND THINK IM DOIN IT...MORE POWER TO EM...

Originally Posted by TheprinceofDE

Originally Posted by Workaveli

Can't wait for Eastbay to go down, and everyone to complain...

Why would that be something you want??? Pretty sure the rest of us want Eastbay to work for once
The hype for these in my area isn't too big, I guess i'll see what its really hitting for in the morning 

I don't want that to happen. What I'm saying is, it's gonna happen and people will complain. (even though we already know)

I hope it doesn't turn into a hassle picking these up.

I just wanna wake up, make that 5 minute drive to the mall and be out.

A lot of these releases lately have been too complicated, atleast out here in LA...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom