Official Air Jordan IV white/cement release thread 2/18/12:::NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING:::

Status
Not open for further replies.
i went down a half size bc everyone was sayin how big they ran. I regretted it immediately when i received em in the mail. But just wore em for the first time, and now i see that i def made the right decision. thank god i went down half a size, zero creasing so far. The fit may be snug but worth it. I saw pics from some ppls pairs that creased soo easily after first wear

Originally Posted by KiLLaCaM503

Finally found a pair for a decent price. Completely DS Never tried on for $200 off my local craigslist. Im very happy with these. 
$200 is pretty good compared to a local listing for a 2x worn pair for $220

Finally got my pair from Poland! It only took 52 days
roll.gif
... I'm satify though, looks and feels good.

HOH portland had tons of these today for the grand opening. Sounds like a small bunch scooped them up tho

Originally Posted by ColdCity

Originally Posted by rojanjon

Anybody who's been wearing their's a lot have any quality issues yet?

zero issues w/ my 1st pair..... they have a lot of miles on them w/ [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]zero cracks[/color] or creases....actually wearing them right now
This makes me very happy. I'm looking into getting me CDP 4's repainted because after 20 wears, they look like this:

image800x600v.jpg

Originally Posted by aphexacid

Originally Posted by rojanjon

Anybody who's been wearing their's a lot have any quality issues yet?

zero issues w/ my 1st pair..... they have a lot of miles on them w/ [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]zero cracks[/color] or creases....actually wearing them right now
This makes me very happy. I'm looking into getting me CDP 4's repainted because after 20 wears, they look like this:

image800x600v.jpg
That's the one thing about the 3s and 4s that suck...For what these cost, you would have thought they have solved the paint chip problem.....
roll.gif

Originally Posted by kob8

Originally Posted by aphexacid

That's the one thing about the 3s and 4s that suck...For what these cost, you would have thought they have solved the paint chip problem.....
roll.gif

You can't really tell, but i sort of filled in the midsole with one of those black pottery markers everyone was using a couple years ago to make varsity red 6's into infareds. If i left them alone, the midsole would be 80% no paint.

The paint was chipping off like dandruff.

Thank GOD i sold my 2nd pair at the right time.

Originally Posted by cashm0neyand1

Originally Posted by TheprinceofDE

Originally Posted by Resist

these shoes remind me of fusion 4s for some reason

Some things are better left unsaid my friend
WHAT? smh i dont know what to say about that..
alien.gif
alien.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Honestly, that's what prevented me from pulling the trigger on these. They resembled the fusion joints too much for my liking. I thought I was the only one who thought this. However, the bred joints will be copped come fall.

Originally Posted by Sneekaz

Originally Posted by green rhino123

^
two slightly different angles with entirely different lighting
resulting in a deceptively close resemblance

we all know the lighting on these new ones makes a big difference

i'd like to see a side-by-side close up comparison of the back of the heel tabs where there
is no speckling (side by side meaning in the same pic w/ the same lighting)

found some better pics

this makes you realize that yes, the OG's were slightly darker grey than the 99's, but these 2012's are too dark.

still not happy about it.

gonna wear my 99's til they crack then get a DS pair of 99's sole swapped.

i'll get to the 2012's at some point, since i have 2 pairs i might just turn one pair into gym beaters...

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

Originally Posted by Sneekaz

Originally Posted by green rhino123

^
two slightly different angles with entirely different lighting
resulting in a deceptively close resemblance

we all know the lighting on these new ones makes a big difference

i'd like to see a side-by-side close up comparison of the back of the heel tabs where there
is no speckling (side by side meaning in the same pic w/ the same lighting)

found some better pics

this makes you realize that yes, the OG's were slightly darker grey than the 99's, but these 2012's are too dark.

still not happy about it.

gonna wear my 99's til they crack then get a DS pair of 99's sole swapped.

i'll get to the 2012's at some point, since i have 2 pairs i might just turn one pair into gym beaters...

In Time, with the right amount of exposure from the sunlight, those 2012 would eventually become lighter.

Man I love the looks of the OGs. They are very nice. Im usually not one to compared retros to OGs, but there is a significant difference between the speckles. I'm still happy to have my 2012 though!

You can never go wrong with OG's but I'm happy with this years release. I've tried to cop a pair of OG's for three or four years now. Prices are too steep

qqpxl3.jpg

saw this dude in line for the playoffs today. notice the hangtag and the matching baby J hanging from his belt.

Is this madness an actual style????? 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 86crookedways

Originally Posted by cashm0neyand1

Originally Posted by TheprinceofDE

Some things are better left unsaid my friend
WHAT? smh i dont know what to say about that..
alien.gif
alien.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Honestly, that's what prevented me from pulling the trigger on these. They resembled the fusion joints too much for my liking. I thought I was the only one who thought this. However, the bred joints will be copped come fall.
Are you serious??? Do you even know what these are??? Do you know where fusions even came from??? This is crazy 
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by LBCOL

qqpxl3.jpg

saw this dude in line for the playoffs today. notice the hangtag and the matching baby J hanging from his belt.

Is this madness an actual style????? 
laugh.gif

That is what you call OVERKILL.

My pair I bought back in Feb is still DS.

I went to check up on it and noticed how nice the shoe box and specially the tissue paper is lol. I wish they used this black tissue paper on all retros.

Its not tissue paper, its plastic that came with the OG. I remember I had it in my 95 Concords,

Whatever it is, it needs to be used on all retros lol.

Like what beerdrum108 said, I like it for the fact that it doesn't rip easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom