Official Air Jordan Retro I WHITE/RED/BLK Thread JAN 2013

that might sound good to you & stuff, but a cursory look through this thread's comments tells a different story

I see what they say, and I def agree. Let me be clear, for the record I'll love Nike Air to be on 1-6, but that's not where I'm getting at.

Hype made the Nike Air sooo desirable. Nobody was complaining about it in 2002, when they began the switch to the Jumpman, as much as they are now. Ive been buying Jordan's since 99-06, 2012. Most of us want the Nike Air for the right reasons. Hypers want it for all the wrong reasons $$$$ def more hypers beasting on Nike Airs then actual enthusiast. Need example? See the Banneds, and all the resells and value.

It's just crazy how they can put NA on royals and blk toes(2013) but not on the greatest of great and most iconic AJ1 cw :rolleyes

Last edited:
New pictures looking clean!

Even my broad is excited for these...

Ill be fine with just One pair.

I am also not a fan of the jumpman thats why i will buy a pair of nikes with the nike air tag from zappos or something like that. Take off the tag, and have a seamstress sew on on the nike air after i remove the jumpman tag. Ive done it with my ko's and black toe dmp. And yes i do return the shoes back to zappos which is a dbag move but they make enough coin.

I am also not a fan of the jumpman thats why i will buy a pair of nikes with the nike air tag from zappos or something like that. Take off the tag, and have a seamstress sew on on the nike air after i remove the jumpman tag. Ive done it with my ko's and black toe dmp.And yes i do return the shoes back to zappos which is a dbag move but they make enough coin.

:rofl: I ain't mad at you. My Nike Air tag is ready

Last edited:
Stop playing

They wouldn't dare

Blk/red xi 12/21

Thunder iv 12/22

White/blk/red 1s 12/31

Blk/red XIII 1/1/13

Agree! Anything can happen though, but lately not too much surprises me with JB.

JB cold for that. I'm not interested in any of those, but I knw most are. So hopefully it'll make them that much easier to get ahold of.

Last edited:
Stop playing
They wouldn't dare
Blk/red xi 12/21
Thunder iv 12/22
White/blk/red 1s 12/31
Blk/red XIII 1/1/13

I wouldn't put nothing past JB at this point, only pair I won't be going for is the Thunder's...so as long as cats like us on NT are buying everything up, JB will keep spitting em out...

I see what they say, and I def agree. Let me be clear, for the record I'll love Nike Air to be on 1-6, but that's not where I'm getting at.
Hype made the Nike Air sooo desirable. Nobody was complaining about it in 2002, when they began the switch to the Jumpman, as much as they are now. Ive been buying Jordan's since 99-06, 2012. Most of us want the Nike Air for the right reasons. Hypers want it for all the wrong reasons $$$$ def more hypers beasting on Nike Airs then actual enthusiast. Need example? See the Banneds, and all the resells and value.
No, the Banned's are so high because it's a high quality retro and as true to the OG as you're gonna get.  That's all most of us 'heads ask for...quality and true to the OG.  In all actuality Nike helped to drive up the resale value by making them so limited.  The market is bearing the resale value also so, if cat's are willing to pay, then so be it. Me personally, I had the OG's in '84-85 so of course, I want them true to it cause they have such a special meaning to me and probably to most of us here.  There's no R&D or overhead and it's all profit so why not give us the exact retro???  I mean, this is the OG of the OG's!!!!  That's why we ask for it...Is that too much to ask?  And also, like Memphis said...if y'all don't see the setup coming....

Last edited:
No, the Banned's are so high because it's a high quality retro and as true to the OG as you're gonna get.  That's all most of us 'heads ask for...quality and true to the OG.  In all actuality Nike helped to drive up the resale value by making them so limited.  The market is bearing the resale value also so, if cat's are willing to pay, then so be it. Me personally, I had the OG's in '84-85 so of course, I want them true to it cause they have such a special meaning to me and probably to most of us here.  There's no R&D or overhead and it's all profit so why not give us the exact retro???  I mean, this is the OG of the OG's!!!!  That's why we ask for it...Is that too much to ask?  And also, like Memphis said...if y'all don't see the setup coming....

^^^I could have written this. This is exactly me. My first 1's were in 84-85 too. It's funny when these jokers here think I may be a hypebeast bcuz of what I write about the 1's. No, fools, I was wearing 1's before a lot of u were born. I have a RIGHT to complain about Jordan being a little troll and jacking up my 1st Jordan. I remember how great they were and I want that back.

Also, the OG's left are breaking down, so give us something great again! It's not too much to ask, especially the prices they are charging these days.

Last edited:
^^^I could have written this. This is exactly me. My first 1's were in 84-85 too. It's funny when these jokers here think I may be a hypebeast bcuz of what I write about the 1's. No, fools, I was wearing 1's before a lot of u were born. I have a RIGHT to complain about Jordan being a little troll and jacking up my 1st Jordan. I remember how great they were and I want that back.
Also, the OG's left are breaking down, so give us something great again! It's not too much to ask, especially the prices they are charging these days.

Once again I'm not arguing against you, and I never once called you a hyper. You have the right as a comsumer to complain and i never said you shouldnt. I don't care if you had the 85s that gives you no credibility over me. If Nike Air is a huge issue for just the 1's then why are we bypassing the face that III, IV, V, & VI don't? Cuz it's not that much an issue as it is with the 1's because its a hype thing. Once again I'm not calling u a hyper (I don't like that word so ima say hyper) I'm saying most non true sneaker enthusiast desire it because it makes them feel cool. That why I said hypers want it more then true sneaker enthusiast. Am I making sense?

True and true. But at all the kids who didnt care about the DMPs, BMPs with the lack of Nike Air. While they were eating up the Jumpman 1's. dudes like you, spoonmanofthehour, a handful of NT'ers, and I were buying up 85, 94, & 01 pairs. To the average sneaker enthusiast it wasn't an issue. BUT all of the sudden the Banneds came out and now everyone and their mom looks down on Jumpman on 1's. While the black cement 4's with a Jumpman on the back sold out. You can say the demand for blank heels came from the fact JB can indeed do NikeAir. Yes, but lets say those black cements dropped in 2013 with Nike Air everyone will look down at the 2012 retro even though most were happy with their pair.

You can't tell me Nike Air is somewhat hype. Once again I love it, but nowadays it's taken a new turn with hype of this generation.

^^ I see what your saying, but demand came for the Nike Airs after the Banneds because up until then most didnt think JB would ever drop Nike Air again. Thats why i copped some 94's. I see why you'd think its somewhat a hype, but its mostly cuz JB showed they can use it. If they used Nike Air on other models like say a III, better believe a we'd look down on a III releasing with a Jumpman heel. No hype, most just sick of the bull****.

Last edited:
^^ I see what your saying, but demand came for the Nike Airs after the Banneds because up until then most didnt think JB would ever drop Nike Air again. Thats why i copped some 94's. I see why you'd think its somewhat a hype, but its mostly cuz JB showed they can use JB. If they used Nike Air on other models like say a III, better believe a we'd look down on a III releasing with a Jumpman heel. No hype, most just sick of the bull****.

Ok I see you guys are saying.

Once again I'm not arguing against you, and I never once called you a hyper. You have the right as a comsumer to complain and i never said you shouldnt. I don't care if you had the 85s that gives you no credibility over me. If Nike Air is a huge issue for just the 1's then why are we bypassing the face that III, IV, V, & VI don't? Cuz it's not that much an issue as it is with the 1's because its a hype thing. Once again I'm not calling u a hyper (I don't like that word so ima say hyper) I'm saying most non true sneaker enthusiast desire it because it makes them feel cool. That why I said hypers want it more then true sneaker enthusiast. Am I making sense?

I wasn't calling you out by name. As far as credibility, I don't care about that. I care about my Jordan 1's being made with good leather and as they used to be. Like I stated before, JB can do what they want wIth new colors, but with OG colors they should stay true to form. In 84-85, I didn't pull out a shoe with plastic looking leather with Jumpman's all over it. People accept anything today. Well, I won't, and that's why I will be passing on the first Jordan I ever owned. It's a shame, but it is what it is until they get it right; and if they never do, they never do. Life doesn't always have happy endings. :lol:

I just know I won't give in to what they are trying to feed me. I'd rather starve.

I will pass on these. If only these were the black toes (I hope that is the colorway for the next banneds, if so I wont mind waiting a bit).......

Anyway here is the box for this shoe (and all non-phat 1s in 2013). I wonder if the Banneds will get the same box. They should.
LL

Last edited:
I will pass on these. If only these were the black toes (I hope that is the colorway for the next banneds, if so I wont mind waiting a bit).......
Anyway here is the box for this shoe (and all non-phat 1s in 2013). I wonder if the Banneds will get the same box. They should.
There can't be any more Banneds cause the OG Red/Blacks were the only one's banned.  Those are the reason that the Red/White/Blacks were made.

I'm down for 1 pair of these, I had the 94s and those are long gone from my closet, wanted to get another pair of those when I got serious about sneakers and have always balked at how much they go for (considering I think I paid 21.74 with tax for my pair in 1995)

Back
Top Bottom