Official Air Jordan Retro I WHITE/RED/BLK Thread JAN 2013

Last edited:
Anyone know how long it usually takes for NDC to send an e-mail saying they shipped the sneakers? My first time ordering from them

^^ nice attempt on the lace swap but that blue doesn't match or is it just the lighting?

Here are pics of the Knicks on feet, in case anybody on the fence about these. I highly recommend em.

Here's my observation of both pair. I noticed a big height/material difference between the Knicks & Chicagos. I'm not sure if its just my pair, but Knicks are much higher then the Chicagos. Lastly the materials aren't the same.

The Knicks leather is more soft, and it gives when pressure is applied.

Whereas the Chicagos leather is more stiff and synthetic. Mind you I'm applying the same pressure, and it dont even give.

So, at the end of the day your not paying an additional $30 bucks for Nike Air treatment. Your paying for better quality, but I still dont think the $30 increase is justifiable. The Chicagos are nice at $110, if you can get past the lack of OG treatment.

Last edited:
Im sorry to be that guy but the hype on the royal 1's is going to make these skyrocket in resell prices. Yeah i know, "they are only 1's". Use critical thinking and check out the box again. Yeah, That's right...........

i suggest if you were 50/50 on this release, cop for the decent resell price this week before february comes and the demand starts to creep up. The amount of pairs released let me know what time it is with these. 

I think I'm going to put white laces in mine
same plan here IF i keep mine ... still cant decide because i have 13s and REALLY could wear 14s in 1s ... very slightly tight in front toe box right side right shoe in mu guccis so my chicagos are DS until i can figure this out (cant ever find 14s here)

So, at the end of the day your not paying an additional $30 bucks for Nike Air treatment. Your paying for better quality, but I still dont the $30 increase is justifiable. The Chicagos are nice at $110, if you can get past the lack of OG treatment.

I will pay the extra $30 all day for the Nike Air and the better quality. I'm very happy with my Knick 1's purchase. :smokin

So, at the end of the day your not paying an additional $30 bucks for Nike Air treatment. Your paying for better quality, but I still dont think the $30 increase is justifiable. The Chicagos are nice at $110, if you can get past the lack of OG treatment.

I will pay the extra $30 all day for the Nike Air and the better quality. I'm very happy with my Knick 1's purchase. :smokin

I do too. Knicks are nice. But If the Banneds were suggested at $125, then I dont get why we gotta pay $140. If they were $125, then I can live with a 15 buck increase. But it is what it is, so I'll live.

Last edited:
I do too. Knicks are nice. But If the Banneds were suggested at $125, then I dont get why we gotta pay $140. If they were $125, then I can live with a 15 buck increase. But it is what it is, so I'll live.

I get ya. I agree. I don't know, the Banned's were marked B grades and sent to the outlets though so I don't know what was up with that.

I never understood why people say this. You should expect quality to come with a product. You shouldn't have to pay extra for quality. That mentality is why they're doing it.

Before I removed the Jumpman tag. I liked the clean look without the big as* tag. Will look out for the
Nike Air tag from Cortez or whatever, won't sweat it though. I just like them better this way, too clean.

Also, the leather on the ankle area, medial and lateral panels are all nice. They're soft and have better
quality than the leather used on the toe box. It's funny because why would they do that? Why not just
use the same leather. If you don't believe me, look at them closer. The toe box has a smoother surface
while the other panels have a grainier look.

Do not complain about quality if you don't know what you're talking about. Are you guys high and not
aware of the past 6 years? It's been like this for a while now. Enjoy passing on these as well as the
tough time you'll have searching for them a year from now. :smile:
Remember when everyone hated the AJKOs?

Last edited:
I never understood why people say this. You should expect quality to come with a product. You shouldn't have to pay extra for quality. That mentality is why they're doing it.

I agree and understand what your saying, but it's not going to stop them from doing it. Unfortunately, these are the games JB plays with its consumers. So I either buy them for their price or miss out. If they get to the point where it's just ridiculous, I will just miss out. I don't like that it's come to this, but it has. :smh:

After seeing all this Pics. Now I wished I would have doubled up on CHi cw.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom