Official Air Jordan VI/XVII CDP Release Post! NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

There is absolutely no way these will be $700-$900 in 3 years, bro.

You can't assume that the $500 price tags you're seeing right now will be $600 price tags in a year, $700 price tags in a couple years, $800 price tags in 3 years, $900 price tags in 4 years, etc., etc., etc.

The prices are inflated right now by two things, and they're the same two things that always causes sneaker prices to go up around the time of release day:
#1. people afraid they won't get theirs, so they overpay before release day to make sure they get them
#2. people just want them early

I'm just curious what you're going to say 6 months from now when a couple more Countdown Packs have dropped and the prices for this pack are around $400 on average.

I agree with this - just wanted to add that most shoes' market prices seem to sort of "maxes" out at some point (unless some weird eventhappens that drives up the demand... such as a celeb rocks em, the shoes receive extensive exposure through certain media - NT would be an example - etc.) Higher prices right after the releases (for the reasons 23ska909red02 mentioned above) and after a few months dip a little(this is probably when the shoes that resellers bought reach the ultimate buyers who actually want the shoes via ebay and other means) and slowly go back up(probably supplies decreases a bit as the ultimate buyers wear them) ... until they reach a certain price point.

countdown has begun..cant wait!..to be honest im looking more forward to those 17's ...just like i will be for the next pack..im more excited about those16's

Originally Posted by AJFlint13

HMMMMM...........Already halfway to 1 Grand

Check Vintagekicks.com, and dont pull that @#$% "Its a consignment shoppe"

it doesnt matter, ppl will are still paying that price right now!!

So like I was saying b4 some kids interupted on the first couple pages.....these will be 700-900$ in 3-4 years.....NO DOUBT!!!
laugh.gif
You seriously have no idea how this works huh? Prices arealsways inflated before it is released and a couple of weeks after. Give it a month or so and this well sell less than $500. You really think this will beworth $900 in 3-4 years? I tell you what, if I get a pack, I'll sell it to you for $700. In 3-4 years, you already have $200 in profit right in yourcloset. Do we have an accord? (sorry too much pirates of the carribean lately)
laugh.gif

Just because some people pay that price right now, doesn't mean everyone will pay that much or more later on. Stop trying to hype this shoe up to driveprices up. I have a feeling your just hoping that eventually someone offers you a good price on your pack right now so you can sell it for a profit. Just wearit and enjoy without worrying about the price 3-4 years from now. I can ignore everythign else I say but please believe me when I say Sneakers are not a goodinvestment for the future.

just got my vi's in the mail and they are
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

if your on the fence with these come on over cause they are definitely worth getting.

Originally Posted by visualmusiC

We only received 15 pairs of these sneakers (
eek.gif
). One of the only Expressions to receive at least one of every size. Most Expressions received 6-8 pairs. What can I say that I haven't about the VI's...they're truly beautiful. I only own about 23 pairs of sneakers and these will be at the top of my 'collection'. As for the 17's, they look so much better in GS size. These sneakers were made so carelessly, its ridiculous. Every pair I saw had something for the costumer to complain about. There were white marks everywhere, wrinkles on the side/toe and an excessive amount of glue in some areas. I'm not the type to complain about the quality on these and the 2's REALLY disappointed me.
I was at Expressions in Boston yesterday and the DM was there and said Expressions as a chain received 200 packs.... for 24 stores! I looked at 2 packsbefore I got a good, clean, non-wrinkled, non-glue stained pack. Anyway, the 17's are a special pair for me because those were the first pair I bought whenI decided to "collect" kicks. I'm 33 years old and have always been into kicks but back as a teenager I would cop 3-4 a year, if that. Myoriginal 17's are beat but they are one of my most comfortable pair of kicks. This is the only pack I am getting and I was not disappointed in the $310.00I spent. Here are my pics of the old and the new.

Originally Posted by odiggidy

So like I was saying b4 some kids interupted on the first couple pages.....these will be 700-900$ in 3-4 years.....NO DOUBT!!!

i wanna call you a noob so bad it hurts. but i shall refrain. you CAN NOT go by the prices on vintagekicks because

1. they are a cosignment shop.

2. they have always had absurd prices. they want $554.00 for 2003 cement iii's and $575. for 2001 retro i's. they want $ 441. for the ix/xiv pack
indifferent.gif
. they have this pack in nyc for

damn near under retail.
tired.gif
they want 200+ for the countown ii's.... i can get these for 129.00 no tax in the BX. and whoever is paying those absurd prices are desperado.
I learned not to take this guy serious since listening to his bullcrap in the wdywtd thread.
smh.gif

http://niketalk.com/topic/50994?page=90

Yo can we seriously start a petition to ban AJFlint13?

I thought I was right about the kampoutkid comparison but this guy is worse.

I seriously hope every would be able to cop a pack so we can shut this dude down about his thousand dollar prediction.

Originally Posted by SeRveJaYs4JaYs

i saw some guy with the carmines on yesterday. and now im on the fence cause they aint look to hot
maybe because the way he rocked em...

i saw sum dude and he made me wanna un-ds my pair

Originally Posted by RFX45

laugh.gif
You seriously have no idea how this works huh? Prices are alsways inflated before it is released and a couple of weeks after. Give it a month or so and this well sell less than $500. You really think this will be worth $900 in 3-4 years? I tell you what, if I get a pack, I'll sell it to you for $700. In 3-4 years, you already have $200 in profit right in your closet. Do we have an accord? (sorry too much pirates of the carribean lately)
laugh.gif

Just because some people pay that price right now, doesn't mean everyone will pay that much or more later on. Stop trying to hype this shoe up to drive prices up. I have a feeling your just hoping that eventually someone offers you a good price on your pack right now so you can sell it for a profit. Just wear it and enjoy without worrying about the price 3-4 years from now. I can ignore everythign else I say but please believe me when I say Sneakers are not a good investment for the future.

Disregard what AJF says. Ive seen his posts around in the retro forum and in here. He either doesn't make much sense or is just bugging people formore pics of their shoes from every angle. Or he's complaining about people not giving him information ASAP.

I doubt that the price of this pack goes above $500 in 3-4 years. It might get up there within the next couple of weeks before all the dust settles butprices will start dropping.

Originally Posted by Tha Sun Child

Originally Posted by odiggidy

i wanna call you a noob so bad it hurts. but i shall refrain. you CAN NOT go by the prices on vintagekicks because

1. they are a cosignment shop.

2. they have always had absurd prices. they want $554.00 for 2003 cement iii's and $575. for 2001 retro i's. they want $ 441. for the ix/xiv pack
indifferent.gif
. they have this pack in nyc for

damn near under retail.
tired.gif
they want 200+ for the countown ii's.... i can get these for 129.00 no tax in the BX. and whoever is paying those absurd prices are desperado.

Thats the thing......This is NYC, most of the people who buy from FC don't live in NYC.

Exactly

Call me a newbie...I dont care dude...just watch..olympic 6s are 600....and they ugly as fudck. These hot carmines + 17s.....just wait man...the world ischanging

Edit....XX trojan XX LOL at his name
disreguard yourself fool, I can say what I want and believe what I want.....xx xx LOL
and thats my opinion, so what???,,,,,!!!!......
devil.gif

AND its not desperado....not everyone has mom and pop stores...and thats the whole focus of FC
Guaranteed Authentic and in perfect condition..i can cop kicks from their site. you dont have to buy them....BUT WOULD THEY HAVE THOSE PRICES IF THEY WERENTSELLING ?
NOOOOOOOOO they wouldnt...theyre plan is obviously working, get a degree my man b4 you call ppl nooooobs.

NOW, isnt this post fun and interesting....
Flint

Im just saying that I think this pack will be going for the high in years to come......thats all, if that makes you guys sad and mad...Im sorry, Im nothyping this pack...I can get several of these packs...I just think they are special and will be worthy in years to come....damn yall are a bunch ofwhiners!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Al Rocksalot

Originally Posted by visualmusiC

We only received 15 pairs of these sneakers (
eek.gif
). One of the only Expressions to receive at least one of every size. Most Expressions received 6-8 pairs. What can I say that I haven't about the VI's...they're truly beautiful. I only own about 23 pairs of sneakers and these will be at the top of my 'collection'. As for the 17's, they look so much better in GS size. These sneakers were made so carelessly, its ridiculous. Every pair I saw had something for the costumer to complain about. There were white marks everywhere, wrinkles on the side/toe and an excessive amount of glue in some areas. I'm not the type to complain about the quality on these and the 2's REALLY disappointed me.
I was at Expressions in Boston yesterday and the DM was there and said Expressions as a chain received 200 packs.... for 24 stores! I looked at 2 packs before I got a good, clean, non-wrinkled, non-glue stained pack. Anyway, the 17's are a special pair for me because those were the first pair I bought when I decided to "collect" kicks. I'm 33 years old and have always been into kicks but back as a teenager I would cop 3-4 a year, if that. My original 17's are beat but they are one of my most comfortable pair of kicks. This is the only pack I am getting and I was not disappointed in the $310.00 I spent. Here are my pics of the old and the new.

Yo Al Rocksalot...NO DOUBT that you have killed them 17's....
roll.gif

My man you are most definitely intitled to a new fresh pr....ENJOY THEM!!
happy.gif

AJFlint13:
Call me a newbie...I dont care dude...just watch..olympic 6s are 600....
....because they were very limited, and very hard to get.
laugh.gif

See how people are just walking and buying this pack, whether its for the carmines, the XVIIs, collecting, or reselling? It wasn't like that with theOlympic VIs. Those were the FIRST shoes for me that I had a VERY hard time getting 2 pairs of. And I remember thinking way back then, 'DAMN, I hope thisNEVER happens again!'

Obviously, it has happened a TON more times since then, and that's why I have lost interest in Jordan Brand (along with others who have lost interest forthe same reason).

But that's way off my point; the Olympic VIs were limited, and hard to get.

These carmines will be in the hands of HUNDREDS of people before they even drop tomorrow, and then they'll be in the hands of thousands more after release.

AJFlint13 wrote:
Im just saying that I think this pack will be going for the high in years to come......thats all, if that makes you guys sad and mad...Im sorry, Im not hyping this pack...I can get several of these packs...I just think they are special and will be worthy in years to come....damn yall are a bunch of whiners!!!!!!!!

Yeah man honestly relax with your economic or 'worthy' outlook on jordans. Just get your's if you want, and other people will gettheir's if they want, and if they wanna sell them cool, no big deal. There's no need to continually bring up what you think they will go for in thefuture. Things change as we all know, and to say the way shoes are going now is exactly how it will be in the future is a stab in the dark.

Back
Top Bottom