Official Air Jordan VII 'Charcoals' post! 9/1 Don't call 'em Raptors! NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

man i've been calling these raptors for as long as i can remember and so has everyone else i kno. yall need to get off the high horse :smh:
the nickname is more universal. if you say "raptors" everybody knows what shoes you're talking about even if they don't like the name. if you call them charcoals, well whats really charcoal about em (in the past this would've applied but not anymore). and if you try to say black/red/purple 7s then the most likely response will be "you mean the raptors?"

All this^

IMO buyers can call them whatever the hell they want. They paid for them. Some people get too carried away with nicknames for shoes.

BTW: Nice pick up ootherocoo :nthat:

Last edited:
"candycanes" is what all the cool people decided to call the white/red xiv retros..

yea i just started hearing that name too...i'm not a big fan either, but so what? what do you care what ppl call them? nicknames are too make identifying something easier and if the name candy canes is easily identifiable with the white and red 14s then so be it. i swear folks be acting like little kids on here

to those complaining about not being able to call them "raptors" and claiming they couldnt find the thread, i just have one question....how do you like your candycanes?
and Tsmooth....just stop.
Don't ever tell a grown man to stop. WOuld land you in serious trouble in real life. You would get a beat down that is detrimental to your physical and mental health in my neck of the woods.

I just picked up my pair.  I'm very pleased.
No chrome tips 
ohwell.gif

so let me get this straight...because a certain group of people cant understand or take the time to say "white/red xiv" or "black/red vii" then the rest of us have to appease them by saying "candycane" and "raptor" in order for them to know what it is that we are referring to?! thats pathetic.

call them whatever you want on your own time but dont come into the OFFICIAL thread and expect to NOT be corrected. im glad the mods finally decided to straighten things out in respect to "nicknames" because this is supposed to be a reputable site with the most relevant and up to date information on shoes but nicknames and slang does nothing but undermine that standard...

Dope pic up there.  There's definitely not much "Dark Charcoal" going on with this iteration...and no I'm not hopping into the nickname debate, just making an observation.  "Raptors" has always bugged me too, but I don't stress what others decide to call a shoe.

don't even want to hit up mom & pop stores in BK :smh: they been moving extra foul lately

For the olympics 6's spots wanted $250 and that was the minimum :lol: Get Set wanted $300 i was like :wow:

Last edited:
so let me get this straight...because a certain group of people cant understand or take the time to say "white/red xiv" or "black/red vii" then the rest of us have to appease them by saying "candycane" and "raptor" in order for them to know what it is that we are referring to?! thats pathetic.
call them whatever you want on your own time but dont come into the OFFICIAL thread and expect to NOT be corrected. im glad the mods finally decided to straighten things out in respect to "nicknames" because this is supposed to be a reputable site with the most relevant and up to date information on shoes but nicknames and slang does nothing but undermine that standard...

i don't care what you call them...that was the whole point of my post. but don't tell me what i can't call them. grow up bro. even if you don't like the name you still kno EXACTLY what shoes im talking about..if it gets the job done then why take time out your day to try and correct someone? :smh:

People who call these Raptors are obviously 90's babies and in my opinion you ain't a real sneakerhead if u were born after 1992 you just a hypebeast follower

Hope it's an easy purchase.

I love the VII's from the GMP and people are saying the quality on this one is good so I'm gonna try to cop.

Also glad the color debate has left the black/red IV topic and ended up here lol.
laugh.gif

People who call these Raptors are obviously 90's babies and in my opinion you ain't a real sneakerhead if u were born after 1992 you just a hypebeast follower

umm i was born in 87 and the majority of my friends were born 1984-1986 and we all call them raptors...i guess there goes that theory :lol:

:lol: damn that is harsh

on a side note, i'm pretty sure NT is the birth place for some, maybe even most, nicknames, including the "raptor" one

i was born in the late 80s, followed jordans in the 90s, and i was definitely around when they first retroed these in the early 2000s and heard the nickname back then, whether it was here or on the streets, its just a nickname and IMO it suits the shoe pretty well

i guess i'm not a "true sneakerhead" since i use the term. even using the term "sneakerhead" is "hypebeast" anyways just like using the term "hypebeast" is "hypebeast" so yeah. get lost in that.

but please, NT, dont start calling them bred 7s :x :lol: >D

Back
Top Bottom