Official Air Jordan VII 'Charcoals' post! 9/1 Don't call 'em Raptors! NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Im going to start calling them the reptars. look at that club purple in his tongue and that debateable true red in his eyes lol.

seriously. its not a big deal what they called. people had different names for these shoes back in the days. I used to always call these the Micheal Jackson Jordans just because of the Jam video.

Reptar is green though... Anyway, Jordan wore the bordeauxs in that video. So your argument is invalid.

Reptar is green though... Anyway, Jordan wore the bordeauxs in that video. So your argument is invalid.
It wasnt really an arguement. Im just saying people can call shoes and identify them whatever/whichway they want. That used to be a unique twist to the sneaker culture. Everyone isnt a PC sneakerhead who calls them whatever sheep name given by the "heads". And by the way I know he wore the bordeauxs in that video but see I was a kid in 1992 and I identified all models of the Air Jordan VII to that video. Personal perception thats all. The reptar thing is joke to loosen up the tension in this thread over a simple name. You dudes really need to relax lol.

Quit it.

Just quit it.

Let this nickname bickering end please.

Can't we all get along?

& to the people complaining about how someone is wearing their shoes...

Cut that out.

Let whomever where their shoes how they want to.

Seriously bros.

:smh:

We can do better.

charcoals? Lol what charcoal about em now? Especially in 2012
The same could be said for "Raptors". The team don't even use the same colors anymore.
iJapino is by far the corniest mod on this site.

Searched pages two and three for this thread because dude wants to be difficult.

Let it go.
If you say so. elcerrito91, the original thread poster had the title:
[h1]"Air Jordan VII 'Charcoal' (YOU KNOW WHICH ONES).... 2012...it's just a nickname"[/h1]
I actually changed the title to include the words "Official" AND "RAPTORS" a couple days ago. The new title should have made it EASIER for you.

I've said it all along, that people are gonna call 'em what they want. I really don't care. I've chosen NOT to go the "Raptors" route because to me they're more significant as the shoes MJ wore during his 92 Championship run. Not because an expansion team wore similar colors.

VII more days!!!!
I like that! 
happy.gif

I can't stand teenagers either (I'm 31). But to see dudes born in '83 acting like this over a nickname is along the lines of the kids I see in the lines too.

Nothing we can do about the Snapback Kids (that's what I call them). If they act stupid, the only way it's anyone's problem is if it's their child lol. Til then, ignore them and push on.

And Yes, I need these in my life. Charcoals. Raptors. Whatever you wanna call em. Just buy em and enjoy.

I can't stand teenagers either (I'm 31). But to see dudes born in '83 acting like this over a nickname is along the lines of the kids I see in the lines too.
Nothing we can do about the Snapback Kids (that's what I call them). If they act stupid, the only way it's anyone's problem is if it's their child lol. Til then, ignore them and push on.
And Yes, I need these in my life. Charcoals. Raptors. Whatever you wanna call em. Just buy em and enjoy.

Thank you! I'm 30, almost 31; and you summed up my feelings exactly. The spoiled little rich kids are annoying, but most of us were back then. If you're over 25, stop acting like the kids you're arguing with. Get the kicks because you think they're clean/sick, not because of the hype. And put me down for at least one of the Charcoals, still fresh!

The same could be said for "Raptors". The team don't even use the same colors anymore.

If you say so. elcerrito91, the original thread poster had the title:
[h1]"Air Jordan VII 'Charcoal' (YOU KNOW WHICH ONES).... 2012...it's just a nickname"[/h1]
I actually changed the title to include the words "Official" AND "RAPTORS" a couple days ago. The new title should have made it EASIER for you.

I've said it all along, that people are gonna call 'em what they want. I really don't care. I've chosen NOT to go the "Raptors" route because to me they're more significant as the shoes MJ wore during his 92 Championship run. Not because an expansion team wore similar colors.
They didnt even exist back then either.
laugh.gif

People who call these Raptors are obviously 90's babies and in my opinion you ain't a real sneakerhead if u were born after 1992 you just a hypebeast follower
umm i was born in 87 and the majority of my friends were born 1984-1986 and we all call them raptors...i guess there goes that theory
laugh.gif
like EVERYONE calls em raptors....EVERYONE

MODS stop being anal and just put "raptor VII" and thats it...son trying to re-write history....smh lol

if you wanna compromise that WORKS for everyone "playoff VIIs AKA raptors" would've been da best choice.

Last edited:
Solid release and prob the best quality right next to the cavs
im gettin light weight annoyed that stupid charcoal named is being IMPOSED on these raptors...with absolutely ZERO charcoal on em.... lol

and even though da raptors no longer have purple in da current jerseys, hardwood classics apparel has cemented da fact that these will forever be worn with toronto raptors gear....
laugh.gif

Last edited:
everyone complaining about a nickname because for once (its been a while) they can't complain about the above par quality :lol:

Last edited:
These are FIRE, IMO.

I don't care what anyone calls'em, OR why. Honestly.
I feel that even if you personally DON'T like a nickname? ..the chances are you know instantly, EXACTLY which shoe someone is referring to. ..and in the end? ..being understood is paramount, IMO.
I call'em Playoff VII's, but? ..that's just me. Blah.

These kicks look to be REALLY well done. Haven't been this excited for a release since I came back to JB.
Durabuck? :smokin
No, REALLY. ..Durabuck?

Last edited:
Yall look real stupid crying over which name is right. The shoe looks great and the quality looks on point. This will be had.

Back
Top Bottom