Official Air Jordan X & XIII Countdown Post!

2007, $310 for the packs was nothing, I had planned on copping all packs (cept the II pack). 2008, if I get em, I get em, if I don't, I don't. $300plus is just too much for me to be giving to one company all at once, every month, for 11 months. That's down payment on a NICE car almost...

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

I may be going out on a limb here.

I have a feeling these are being hoarded, these have BMP like numbers, yet they are "dissapearing". I'm telling ya'll, resellers are taking advantage or people's insecurities. Take it from 160jordansdeep, the only way to make money is BEFORE a release. Why? People are scared they wont get their pair. I wouldn't pay more than $350 for this pack, anyone who pays more is foolish, IMO, sorry that is just the way I feel.

People are going around and abusing the reserve system at honest retailers (Footaction, Footlocker, etc.). NT's got more of these packs than the BMP, which means that they are out there. Most of the people talking about the "scarcity" of this pack are the ones reselling it.

All I got to say is, when it comes to Jordan Brand in 2008: It is a BUYERS market. Don't get suckered.

Swoosh or bust!

-or just wait until the next pack, when the people that hoarded this one will be unloading them. These packs are too expensive to sit on, let the resellers get desperate.

watusaid/watusaid/watusaid

Originally Posted by moundraised23

I have a feeling these are being hoarded, these have BMP like numbers, yet they are "dissapearing". I'm telling ya'll, resellers are taking advantage or people's insecurities. Take it from 160jordansdeep, the only way to make money is BEFORE a release. Why? People are scared they wont get their pair. I wouldn't pay more than $350 for this pack, anyone who pays more is foolish, IMO, sorry that is just the way I feel.

People are going around and abusing the reserve system at honest retailers (Footaction, Footlocker, etc.). NT's got more of these packs than the BMP, which means that they are out there. Most of the people talking about the "scarcity" of this pack are the ones reselling it.

All I got to say is, when it comes to Jordan Brand in 2008: It is a BUYERS market. Don't get suckered.

Swoosh or bust!

-or just wait until the next pack, when the people that hoarded this one will be unloading them. These packs are too expensive to sit on, let the resellers get desperate.

watusaid/watusaid/watusaid
all i know, people that get them online... they make it very easy for the ones that wake up at 4 am... if it wasnt for the online stores/ebay.... wewould have to camp out for every jb release...

Originally Posted by Bo55Diesel

Originally Posted by southzeztpdot

Originally Posted by seanj4523

I feel that in this situation i am kind of happy that the pack is limited I get sick and tired of looking at a whole lot of people waking around with the same shoe that I have on. I walk to the school with my playoffs on and everybody and their mother plus the dang teachers at the school and even the janitors have them. I like getting the GR but i like the limited editions better because i dont have to worry about alot of people having the same shoe that I have on but it is a good idea to limit shoes and make them exclusive builds the hype and if people want them bad enough they will take the necessary steps in order to get them peace
....I dunno where you live but damn teachers can afford 140 dollar shoes like that?

I taught high school for the last 4 years and I have 40+ pair in the closet.
Ypur the minority of the teacher population. The original poster I quoted acted like everyone was rocking these shoes. Not every teacher is on NT. Iknow for sure none of my teachers are rocking Playoffs VIII and probablly would be absurd to think of even spending that much on a shoe. And usually the onlytime I see sneakers on teachers anyways are on Fridays.

Yo I called 3 different Finishlines and they all told me the same thing....we didn't get any size 9's
mad.gif

in the whole company for some reason. So to all those who've posted that, I believe it to be true.

YO....shouts out to my man j o 19 ...what up DOG!
Don't you miss Buffalo!
tongue.gif

if you think its not bad for this month, trust, it will be worst in the later times of the years when real fire comes out (XI/XII)
the amount of packs received for a store will go down.

From what I've heard...Footlocker only got around 7000 packs for the US....if true, that is not very many packs to go around.....who knows what the otherretailers got for quantity but I think it's very easy for people to assume the resellers grabbed them all up.....IMO, something else is going on with thesepacks this year.....we'll have to wait and see what happens.....good luck to everyone who wants a pack...I do hope the true collectors and people that wantto wear them are able to get them.....

Originally Posted by seanj4523

I feel that in this situation i am kind of happy that the pack is limited I get sick and tired of looking at a whole lot of people waking around with the same shoe that I have on. I walk to the school with my playoffs on and everybody and their mother plus the dang teachers at the school and even the janitors have them. I like getting the GR but i like the limited editions better because i dont have to worry about alot of people having the same shoe that I have on but it is a good idea to limit shoes and make them exclusive builds the hype and if people want them bad enough they will take the necessary steps in order to get them peace
^^^^^^^^^^AGREED 100%

welll just in case yall 4got when the dmp drop that january finishlinehad them 4 sale around 10pm online so this is just a heads up to those who didnt get this pack already
mad.gif
roll.gif

If anyone wants to get rid of just the XIII's, let me know. I'm looking for just the XIII's in size 13. I don't like the X's enough to wantthe whole pack.

Swoosh or bust!

WRONG!!!
laugh.gif

People are to very selective about which pack to get cause if you think about JB is gettin over if you spilt the pack that is like 150 a shoe, now think about this are the shadow 10s worth 150 separately?
I feel you on that but you got to take into account that some people out there put value on the box itself too so to some people the box is worthsome kind of dollar value...

cant wait to cop...im not a fan of the 10's but i need to add to my collection..im lovin those 13's ...i have the white/tan and only thing i cancomplain about is the creasing..like air forces only good for 1 night

Originally Posted by STYungN

People are to very selective about which pack to get cause if you think about JB is gettin over if you spilt the pack that is like 150 a shoe, now think about this are the shadow 10s worth 150 separately?
I feel you on that but you got to take into account that some people out there put value on the box itself too so to some people the box is worth some kind of dollar value...
hate to admit it, but you are absolutely correct!

Originally Posted by 200nikesdeep

IronMan is my boy a person like him would always know where to cop if he was a new yorker and If I would know him,

As I said before the resell on these will not be high right away just look at sites like pickyourshoes ($359.99) kicks-r-us ($389.99) and uptempoair ($450.00) I did not see what these 2 sites have left in sizes.

The last site is charging the most I would guess because I guess there way of thinking is people will pay that much when they come home empty handed on saturday if they dont leave early.

Or if east bay sells out I mean and we all know this first pack will sellout within the week could be a quicker sellout.

You really think these sites atleast kicks-r-us and PYS even uptempo would not like to charge more.

More like $500.00 a pack.

But this pack will not go for big money right away.

The numbers are limited from the info people have on stores near them.

But this is no DMP by any means.
Exactly.

Everyone is going to get theirs, you guys are just blowing it out of proportion.

I don't know I guess it's because me and 160 is from NYC that's why, but crappy stores are getting them.

Even on Jamaica "I'm gonna rape ya" Ave the prices wasn't all that high.

My boy and a couple of some other friends went and got it from his spot out in LI and they were only charged $350 for them, and this store wanted $550 for theOlive 5's
indifferent.gif

If you guys don't get them and they are still out and about like the BMP's were I will try to help you guys, but not for you to take it and resell itafterwards though.

So I'll see after all is said and done tomorrow.

I talking like I have my pair on ice guaranteed, but I don't
frown.gif
sohopefully I can come home with my size 11.5.

We'll see.

Good Luck to all of you though.

Just try eastbay and if that doesn't work then get on the move and make some moves you guys. You can't have everything handed to you.

My rule of thumb is if Eastbay still has them up by that morning then I will be able to have them still, but if they sell out between 12AM - 6AM then go toplan B, C, D, E, F... or whatever to get them. But, I refuse to pay reseller prices so I live without them. I only payed reseller price on the black laserIV's, but I really, really wanted them and they dropped on my birthday so I payed the fee and took that hit, and I said that was the first and the last…andit was.

Bo55Diesel wrote:

seanj4523 wrote:
....I dunno where you live but damn teachers can afford 140 dollar shoes like that?

Ypur the minority of the teacher population. The original poster I quoted acted like everyone was rocking these shoes. Not every teacher is on NT. I know for sure none of my teachers are rocking Playoffs VIII and probablly would be absurd to think of even spending that much on a shoe. And usually the only time I see sneakers on teachers anyways are on Fridays.

I was responding speciffically to this statement: "....I dunno where you live but damn teachers can afford 140 dollar shoes like that? "

In making that statement you seemed to be asserting that teachers do not have the financial ability to purchase what you consider to be expensive shoes. I wasmerely providing an example of a teacher who, in fact, does purchase Jordans. It's also worth noting that Jordans are not by any means the most expensiveshoes on the planet; many of your finer dress shoes cost considerably more. While I will allow that some teachers (including some of my former colleagues) donot wear expensive things, it is not because their salary does not allow it. They simply choose to spend their money on other things.

As a sidenote, I find it amusing that you would imply teachers are unable to afford $140 shoes when so many of the students (read: teenagers with low-payingjobs) are wearing them. The average teacher in the U.S. earns approximately $55,000/year. I know that's not HovKid money, but give us a little credit!
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Bo55Diesel

Bo55Diesel wrote:

seanj4523 wrote:

Ypur the minority of the teacher population. The original poster I quoted acted like everyone was rocking these shoes. Not every teacher is on NT. I know for sure none of my teachers are rocking Playoffs VIII and probablly would be absurd to think of even spending that much on a shoe. And usually the only time I see sneakers on teachers anyways are on Fridays.

I was responding speciffically to this statement: "....I dunno where you live but damn teachers can afford 140 dollar shoes like that? "

In making that statement you seemed to be asserting that teachers do not have the financial ability to purchase what you consider to be expensive shoes. I was merely providing an example of a teacher who, in fact, does purchase Jordans. It's also worth noting that Jordans are not by any means the most expensive shoes on the planet; many of your finer dress shoes cost considerably more. While I will allow that some teachers (including some of my former colleagues) do not wear expensive things, it is not because their salary does not allow it. They simply choose to spend their money on other things.

As a sidenote, I find it amusing that you would imply teachers are unable to afford $140 shoes when so many of the students (read: teenagers with low-paying jobs) are wearing them. The average teacher in the U.S. earns approximately $55,000/year. I know that's not HovKid money, but give us a little credit!
happy.gif

The average vs the truth seems a bit different. Starting Salary for teachers in my area is 33k. But anyways you guys must live in NY because I have seenonly one adminstrator at my school wear Jordans ever. The average teacher isnt copping jordans its the truth. Teenagers with low paying jobs usually dont evenhave any real expenses anyways. Are you going to compare a teenager who is ONLY saving for Jordans to someone whos saving for a retirement fund?

what do u guys think the price will be on ebay, in a couple of months? i know the prices today
since the packs will come out every month, will that factor effect the price on this pack?

Back
Top Bottom