Official Air Jordan X & XIII Countdown Post!

Can't add them to your cart
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by southzeztpdot

Originally Posted by Bo55Diesel

Bo55Diesel wrote:

seanj4523 wrote:
I feel that in this situation i am kind of happy that the pack is limited I get sick and tired of looking at a whole lot of people waking around with the same shoe that I have on. I walk to the school with my playoffs on and everybody and their mother plus the dang teachers at the school and even the janitors have them. I like getting the GR but i like the limited editions better because i dont have to worry about alot of people having the same shoe that I have on but it is a good idea to limit shoes and make them exclusive builds the hype and if people want them bad enough they will take the necessary steps in order to get them peace
....I dunno where you live but damn teachers can afford 140 dollar shoes like that?

I taught high school for the last 4 years and I have 40+ pair in the closet.
Ypur the minority of the teacher population. The original poster I quoted acted like everyone was rocking these shoes. Not every teacher is on NT. I know for sure none of my teachers are rocking Playoffs VIII and probablly would be absurd to think of even spending that much on a shoe. And usually the only time I see sneakers on teachers anyways are on Fridays.

I was responding speciffically to this statement: "....I dunno where you live but damn teachers can afford 140 dollar shoes like that? "

In making that statement you seemed to be asserting that teachers do not have the financial ability to purchase what you consider to be expensive shoes. I was merely providing an example of a teacher who, in fact, does purchase Jordans. It's also worth noting that Jordans are not by any means the most expensive shoes on the planet; many of your finer dress shoes cost considerably more. While I will allow that some teachers (including some of my former colleagues) do not wear expensive things, it is not because their salary does not allow it. They simply choose to spend their money on other things.

As a sidenote, I find it amusing that you would imply teachers are unable to afford $140 shoes when so many of the students (read: teenagers with low-paying jobs) are wearing them. The average teacher in the U.S. earns approximately $55,000/year. I know that's not HovKid money, but give us a little credit!
happy.gif

The average vs the truth seems a bit different. Starting Salary for teachers in my area is 33k. But anyways you guys must live in NY because I have seen only one adminstrator at my school wear Jordans ever. The average teacher isnt copping jordans its the truth. Teenagers with low paying jobs usually dont even have any real expenses anyways. Are you going to compare a teenager who is ONLY saving for Jordans to someone whos saving for a retirement fund?

When i coach/teach i WILL rock heat period. JB will be worn! ill be damned if i will give away my collection just because i coach/teach and am aroundall these young bucks. Feel pretty strongly
smile.gif

are eastbay codes gonna work on these??

$20 Off w/ $100 Purchase • w/ Coupon LKS17FHN • (some exclusions - see site for details) exp 2/2/08
15% Off w/ Any Purchase • w/ Coupon LKS18JAN • (some exclusions- eligible items indicated on site) exp 2/2/08
Free Shipping w/ $99 Purchase • w/ Coupon LKS18K99 • (some exclusions- eligible items indicated on site) exp 2/2/08

I have been hearing stories about eastbay crashing at midnight for these releases. Do nike.com and fnl.com have the same problems as well?

^ Discounts do not work on Jordan releases on Eastbay. I think alot of you guys are stressing out for nothing on this release.

^I just tested this code LKS18K99 with the Laser 15's and it worked for free shipping. So i think we will be able to use it on the pack.

Originally Posted by fvargas2000

Quite a few stores are getting it around me but not many per store.
If you don't live in SoCal, ignore this post.

For those that do, here's the info I got for Fox Hills. FinishLine (one of the top 23 spots in the nation) has a big run, but less than they had of theDMPs. They are not doing reserves and the common sizes are 8 pairs each. FootLocker has them, but only 3 pair of the common sizes. Both of these stores areopening at 6am, and the entryway on the 2nd level of the parking garage near the security office is open 24x7, so that would probably be the best way to getin. I don't think the mall is planning on opening any other doors. Champs and FootAction are not getting them. MensLand has a small run, but theywon't say how much yet. They're not opening until 10am, so if FNL and FTL are sold out, MensLand will probably going to want $400+ for them.

If you think about it, the site probably won't crash, the site probably crashed with a quarter of the people trying to get the max. of 10 or 5 packs eachand it couldn't compute it quick enugh, but now that people will have to keep changing accounts if they want over two, the computer system should be ableto calculate it faster, unless it is just the sheer number of transactions being made that does it.

hey i live in "cashville" or as most people know as nashville so if you want to know what all stores are getting them then let me know because iknow all of them here

Originally Posted by masterhammy23

If you think about it, the site probably won't crash, the site probably crashed with a quarter of the people trying to get the max. of 10 or 5 packs each and it couldn't compute it quick enugh, but now that people will have to keep changing accounts if they want over two, the computer system should be able to calculate it faster, unless it is just the sheer number of transactions being made that does it.
Not exactly. Math takes no time at all. It's not any more work for the servers to sell 10 packs than it is to sell 1. It's usually thenumber of people on the site that causes the congestion. Web content servers, Application (shopping cart) servers, database servers, financial processingservers...they all get overloaded when everyone is trying to buy at the same time.

Originally Posted by iceman3699

are eastbay codes gonna work on these??

$20 Off w/ $100 Purchase • w/ Coupon LKS17FHN • (some exclusions - see site for details) exp 2/2/08
15% Off w/ Any Purchase • w/ Coupon LKS18JAN • (some exclusions- eligible items indicated on site) exp 2/2/08
Free Shipping w/ $99 Purchase • w/ Coupon LKS18K99 • (some exclusions- eligible items indicated on site) exp 2/2/08
laugh.gif
You can't be serious, here's another one for 20% offLKS17CCB, but it won't work just like the others, THEY WILL NEVER WORK AND NEVER DO ANYWAY SO WHILE YOUR TYPING THEM IN THE SHOES WILL BE LONG GONE......

The free shipping codes usually work though don't they since they aren't targeted towards the shoes directly?

Originally Posted by AIRGOLDEN2123

Anyone in Syracuse going to Carousal to get these?

I was going to but i called and they said they have had their size 12 reserved.

I could not even understand the lady who i called at Champs so i am just going to try on eastbay

Originally Posted by fvargas2000

The free shipping codes usually work though don't they since they aren't targeted towards the shoes directly?

Its all a game of risk, in the past some got thru and others didn't, its up to you and if you wanna risk it.

(So stop asking!!)

Originally Posted by Jonahtheballer

hey i live in "cashville" or as most people know as nashville so if you want to know what all stores are getting them then let me know because i know all of them here

Hickory Hollow Mall: Sports Seaons/ Finishline/Footaciton/Footlocker...dont know about Hibbets
Phat Kaps
Rivergate: Same as Hickory Hollow
dont really shop anywhere else, hope that helps
grin.gif

and to the folks constantly askin bout swoosh, read back a few pages...its fundamental
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Prolific Sole

I have been hearing stories about eastbay crashing at midnight for these releases. Do nike.com and fnl.com have the same problems as well?
Not that i know of but like i said be4 if u guys remember the dmp launch online ....finishline sold theres early around 10 that friday so u guys mightwanna look out 4 that
wink.gif

Originally Posted by s dubl

anyone got the product # for Eastbay????

Wow, after all these years on NT and buying kicks you still can't figure this out? (no hate)

Back
Top Bottom