Official Air Jordan X & XIII Countdown Post!

Originally Posted by southzeztpdot

Originally Posted by seanj4523

I feel that in this situation i am kind of happy that the pack is limited I get sick and tired of looking at a whole lot of people waking around with the same shoe that I have on. I walk to the school with my playoffs on and everybody and their mother plus the dang teachers at the school and even the janitors have them. I like getting the GR but i like the limited editions better because i dont have to worry about alot of people having the same shoe that I have on but it is a good idea to limit shoes and make them exclusive builds the hype and if people want them bad enough they will take the necessary steps in order to get them peace
....I dunno where you live but damn teachers can afford 140 dollar shoes like that?

I taught high school for the last 4 years and I have 40+ pair in the closet.

Originally Posted by d e beatup

Originally Posted by chitown4eva

JB creates the reseller. Sending one size run to an entire store is ridiculous. Can people not see how little this company values your businesss? I think that things like this should make someone ponder why and if they should continue to support this company. What does JB have to gain by limiting retros? The general consumer loses. The resellers are opportunists if anything. BTW, the material on the lace area of the Xs is the same as the tounge on the xiii. Even though they charge a premium price and limit them, they still cut the same corners. Pack is not worth the money, headache nor hassle imo. Good luck to those who want them though.

I understand your point, but always look at these type of situations from points of view outside of yours also. When you have a $300+ item in your inventory, you need to move it asap. People who really want the pack will have it by noon Saturday, with the end of the weekend being the latest depending on the area. For a business, that's cool; money in the bank. But the thing with this type of hype vs. demand shoe is that if you don't move them quick, they will sit around longer than any other shoe would.. It's one thing for someone to come a few weeks after the Aquas & see them on the shelf and cop because they like it. But a casual buyer isn't going to pay $330+ in one transaction and they won't force themselves to buy another shoe they don't want in order to get the one they do like.

That's how your #'s game becomes a game of chance. Produce a little more, more customers are happy and greater profits. Ship too many out & the hype machine doesn't continue to gain momentum, packs get purchased with discounts, etc. I don't really have a problem with stores getting low numbers, given that every store has that 1 size run, but that wasn't the case. I understand why it was done though.
I understand all of that, but that's not my concern and it never will be. Why should it be? Better yet, was there ever a demand for shoes to besold in packs? This little scenerio was created by JB and JB only for hype and mystique and future interest. Cheers to the marketing department. The onlylosers in this situation are the consumers, no matter how you look at it. I'm not a shareholder, employee or company apologist so their bottom line willnever be a concern of mine.

just talk to eastbay and my buddy a supervisor confirmed the rumor is true on 2 packs per customer and he told me the most they had in one size was 132 packsand the least was a size that only had 12 packs in adult sizes ,he said the popular sizes where numbers avgering in the 80's per pack per size(8.5-13).................... and my finihline hook-up ( where i'm getting 7 of the 12 packs they got) said the finishline company as a whole only got 6000pack for adults and no size (9's) .......... just passing on some INFO to my fellow niketalkers....... GOOD LUCK EVERYONE ON SATURDAY THAT DOSE NOT ALREADYHAVE A HOOK-UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how the hell does a company not recieive any size 9? that most definitely sounds like horse $%*$.

Well...I already purchased mine!!!! Just Waiting Patiently. Good Luck to everyone else though. I originally only wanted the XIII's, but after seeingdetailed pics of the Shadow X's...I'm excited about the whole pack. I've never been a fan of the X's...Even OG's. And especially theRed/Steel Retro's(Or whatever the actual colorway is)...Not a fan. But I'm so impressed with the quality and look of the Shadow's...Even with the23 on the side! I can't wait!!!

YEAH..I WALKED INTO A JEANS PLUS AROUND THE WAY AND SEEN THEM...THE X'S WERENT SO IMPRESSIVE AND THEXIII'S WERE NICE...BUT UNFORTUNAELY I HAVE TO PASS...ITS TOO MUCH MONEY MAN...

I can't speak for anyone else but I work for SneakerVilla, many of you may have no idea what SneakerVilla is but we are very popular in the Tri-state area.Just to give you an idea we will be one of the 23 stores getting the xxiii's this week. Our company only recieved 190 pairs , many of which are in thePhiladelphia stores. My store only received 6 pairs or so, and and our neighbor store only 2. I hope all of the packs aren't like this for us becauseit's going to be quite the headache.

so on east bay its $310 plus tax right cas i called up FL and they selling them for 335 wit tax.....does anyone have any promotional coupons for Eastbay???

I may be going out on a limb here.

I have a feeling these are being hoarded, these have BMP like numbers, yet they are "dissapearing". I'm telling ya'll, resellers are takingadvantage or people's insecurities. Take it from 160jordansdeep, the only way to make money is BEFORE a release. Why? People are scared they wont get theirpair. I wouldn't pay more than $350 for this pack, anyone who pays more is foolish, IMO, sorry that is just the way I feel.

People are going around and abusing the reserve system at honest retailers (Footaction, Footlocker, etc.). NT's got more of these packs than the BMP, whichmeans that they are out there. Most of the people talking about the "scarcity" of this pack are the ones reselling it.

All I got to say is, when it comes to Jordan Brand in 2008: It is a BUYERS market. Don't get suckered.

Swoosh or bust!

-or just wait until the next pack, when the people that hoarded this one will be unloading them. These packs are too expensive to sit on, let the resellers getdesperate.

Originally Posted by EdgarVega4

so on east bay its $310 plus tax right cas i called up FL and they selling them for 335 wit tax.....does anyone have any promotional coupons for Eastbay???

I believe its 309.99 without TAX unless you live in Wisconsin.. than you have to pay the tax. As for promo codes, try LKS17CCB for 20% off. usually itdoesnt work on new released jordans, but it's worth a try on check out!

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

I may be going out on a limb here.

I have a feeling these are being hoarded, these have BMP like numbers, yet they are "dissapearing". I'm telling ya'll, resellers are taking advantage or people's insecurities. Take it from 160jordansdeep, the only way to make money is BEFORE a release. Why? People are scared they wont get their pair. I wouldn't pay more than $350 for this pack, anyone who pays more is foolish, IMO, sorry that is just the way I feel.

People are going around and abusing the reserve system at honest retailers (Footaction, Footlocker, etc.). NT's got more of these packs than the BMP, which means that they are out there. Most of the people talking about the "scarcity" of this pack are the ones reselling it.

All I got to say is, when it comes to Jordan Brand in 2008: It is a BUYERS market. Don't get suckered.

Swoosh or bust!

-or just wait until the next pack, when the people that hoarded this one will be unloading them. These packs are too expensive to sit on, let the resellers get desperate.

PREACH!!!

Originally Posted by Kickaddicted

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

Who was lucky enuff to order their pair from the ES for $200 shipped?
It's $185 if you do two day as opposed to overnight.
wink.gif

can someone tell me what is ES?
why is it so cheap?

Originally Posted by MR AUTHENTIC

just talk to eastbay and my buddy a supervisor confirmed the rumor is true on 2 packs per customer and he told me the most they had in one size was 132 packs and the least was a size that only had 12 packs in adult sizes ,he said the popular sizes where numbers avgering in the 80's per pack per size (8.5-13).................... and my finihline hook-up ( where i'm getting 7 of the 12 packs they got) said the finishline company as a whole only got 6000 pack for adults and no size (9's) .......... just passing on some INFO to my fellow niketalkers....... GOOD LUCK EVERYONE ON SATURDAY THAT DOSE NOT ALREADY HAVE A HOOK-UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not gonna deliberately knock this man's hustle. But for all of you NT'ers on the fence about things...plan accordingly. This guy alone claimson purchasing 7 out of 12 packs which is obvious that resellers are taking advantage of these limited numbers now. If all you want is a pack or 2 for retail,have a Plan A, Plan B, and even maybe a Plan C. Because with people trying to buy the entire stock you people without a pack are gonna be hurting come releaseday. I hope to be wrong for the sake of everyone securing their own pack, but just be cautious. Good Luck to everyone~

IronMan is my boy a person like him would always know where to cop if he was a new yorker and If I would know him,

As I said before the resell on these will not be high right away just look at sites like pickyourshoes ($359.99) kicks-r-us ($389.99) and uptempoair ($450.00)I did not see what these 2 sites have left in sizes.

The last site is charging the most I would guess because I guess there way of thinking is people will pay that much when they come home empty handed onsaturday if they dont leave early.

Or if east bay sells out I mean and we all know this first pack will sellout within the week could be a quicker sellout.

You really think these sites atleast kicks-r-us and PYS even uptempo would not like to charge more.

More like $500.00 a pack.

But this pack will not go for big money right away.

The numbers are limited from the info people have on stores near them.

But this is no DMP by any means.

Originally Posted by southzeztpdot

Originally Posted by seanj4523

I feel that in this situation i am kind of happy that the pack is limited I get sick and tired of looking at a whole lot of people waking around with the same shoe that I have on. I walk to the school with my playoffs on and everybody and their mother plus the dang teachers at the school and even the janitors have them. I like getting the GR but i like the limited editions better because i dont have to worry about alot of people having the same shoe that I have on but it is a good idea to limit shoes and make them exclusive builds the hype and if people want them bad enough they will take the necessary steps in order to get them peace
....I dunno where you live but damn teachers can afford 140 dollar shoes like that?
im a 7th grade teacher, i rock j's to school almost every day... heat too! i even promised my kids i would wear a different pair of shoes every dayof the month. you dont purchase shoe collections, you build them

Hey guys I've been hearing that the Xs fit a little tight. I was wondering if ya'll could help me out. For the most part I wear 11.5 but for the IIIswhich i feel run smaller I wear 12s. Do you think I'll be alright getting 11.5 and be able to wear the Xs bc I know I can def wear 11.5 in the XIIIs orshould I just get size 12 and deal with the XIIIs being a little big? Good Lookin

People are to very selective about which pack to get cause if you think about JB is gettin over if you spilt the pack that is like 150 a shoe, now think aboutthis are the shadow 10s worth 150 separately?

Originally Posted by zion45

People are to very selective about which pack to get cause if you think about JB is gettin over if you spilt the pack that is like 150 a shoe, now think about this are the shadow 10s worth 150 separately?

$310/2=$155
wink.gif
don't forget sales tax.

Back
Top Bottom