:::Official Air Jordan XI low white/red release thread 5/5/12: NO BUYING, SELLING or TRADING!:::

Got my NTLA confirmation with no problems. Sent my NTSM DM within 5 seconds and didn't get a confirmation. I'd say that something sketchy is going on at NTSM. I couldn't have sent my DM faster...

Originally Posted by FX35on24s

This twitter RSVP IS RIGGED to an extent... They hook up friends and family then randomize the remaining.. Think bout it... Niketown employees tell there friends the time so they can RSVP a pair for the employee.. It's basically allowing the employees to cop as many as they want and in turns makes them the resellers... Got the info from a close friend who know person running NIKETOWN SEATTLES twitter account...can't speak on all other NT but as far as Seattle it is rigged bro....

This is what I was thinking. I figured the employee's knew what the hashtag was before it was tweeted so they let their friends know what it is then when the tweet is sent they send in their dm's 2 seconds later.

Originally Posted by nimhet

I'm not sure sure about this because I got a DM confirmation and used the Nike RSVP example #hashtag, name, size even though Nike SM asked for size, name, #hashtag.  This is the second time I didn't follow the exact order and still got a DM.

FML then 
laugh.gif

I got 2 rsvp's one at Roosevelt FD NY and NTNY....I'm going to cancel my Roosevelt one. I'm not sure how they will pass my size 13 along, but I guess be on the lookout! 
EDIT: And guys I got no super connects and wasn't tipped off. I think a lot of it has to do with what size you are copping. 

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

If it's rigged then I'm not privy to how they're rigging it. I obtained the information detailing when they were going to post the tweet and what hashtag they were going to use. It wasn't through a hook-up or a friend. That's all I'm going to say about it.

I let NT know that it was coming and I didn't broadcast it all over twitter/FB/I$$. I hope I helped some of y'all out.

You did help me man forreals. I made sure to be at my comp around 3:30. I did question how you got the info. But whatever, you were spot on. So no more doubt from me. I got mines!

Originally Posted by Minitsuj

They claim it's "first respond, first serve" on the RSVP info page, but there's probably still some shadiness that goes on with the selection process since there have been several instances now that people didn't get a confirmation when they sent a DM within a minute. So who really knows? Maybe if you called corporate to police each store, then they can make it more fair for everyone. It wouldn't be hard to do so either since there's timestamps on the DMs and you can tell whether or not the person in charge of the Twitter is following the policy or just hooking homies up.

my cousin DM NTSF literally 2 seconds after they announced the RSVP.... no DM back
my other cousin DM them within 2 minutes.... no DM back
i replied back within 6 minutes and i was successful. Got a DM back from NTSF within 20 minutes.

Call me crazy, but i'm sure they judge your profile. If you seem like an ok person, they DM you. First come first serve is **@%#*%# IMO.
I know this system will piss off a lot of folks who are use to getting their pairs on lock.

Originally Posted by east99

They claim it's "first respond, first serve" on the RSVP info page, but there's probably still some shadiness that goes on with the selection process since there have been several instances now that people didn't get a confirmation when they sent a DM within a minute. So who really knows? Maybe if you called corporate to police each store, then they can make it more fair for everyone. It wouldn't be hard to do so either since there's timestamps on the DMs and you can tell whether or not the person in charge of the Twitter is following the policy or just hooking homies up.

my cousin DM NTSF literally 2 seconds after they announced the RSVP.... no DM back
i replied back within 6 minutes and i was successful. Got a DM back from NTSF within 20 minutes.

Call me crazy, but i'm sure they judge your profile. If you seem like an ok person, they DM you. First come first serve is **@%#*%# IMO.
I know this system will piss off a lot of folks who are use to getting their pairs on lock.
Or maybe, they had the size you requested.

Say what you want about the Twitter system but its 1000x better than having losers that wait in line for days getting shoes over someone that can pull up their phone at work, send a DM, and get a pair of shoes they want.

Originally Posted by kennyisdead911

I got 2 rsvp's one at Roosevelt FD NY and NTNY....I'm going to cancel my Roosevelt one. I'm not sure how they will pass my size 13 along, but I guess be on the lookout! 
EDIT: And guys I got no super connects and wasn't tipped off. I think a lot of it has to do with what size you are copping. 
i kno its every man for themselves, but why RSVP at both when you got the confirmation for Roosevelt already?? They arent too far from each other. Messed up anothers chance to grab that pair through RSVP

missed out at NT LA and SM. got a pm from a guy who got confirmations from both NTLA and NSM. asking to trade one of his pairs for a pair of aj iv cements...smh... don't mind missing on these, since i got a couple pairs of  aj iv cavs on lock...

Originally Posted by cashm0neyand1

Originally Posted by kennyisdead911

i kno its every man for themselves, but why RSVP at both when you got the confirmation for Roosevelt already?? They arent too far from each other. Messed up anothers chance to grab that pair through RSVP
Why? Because I live in Jersey and driving all the way out to Roosevelt is a pain in the %%%. I follow both incase one happens when I'm not by my computer. Roosevelt tweeted at 7:35AM. So I replied ASAP. Then around 10:30 NTNY tweeted. Got confirmations on both. I'm telllin' yall it has to do with the size. I wear 13. Also, I could easily cop both....but I already said I was canceling one so that someone else COULD get it. 
roll.gif

cashm0neyand1 wrote:
kennyisdead911 wrote:

Why? Because I live in Jersey and driving all the way out to Roosevelt is a pain in the %%%. I follow both incase one happens when I'm not by my computer. Roosevelt tweeted at 7:35AM. So I replied ASAP. Then around 10:30 NTNY tweeted. Got confirmations on both. I'm telllin' yall it has to do with the size. I wear 13. Also, I could easily cop both....but I already said I was canceling one so that someone else COULD get it. 

Completely different story across the country. I'm in Seattle, tweet came out, DM sent back, not response from NT206. I'm not hurt but, it was better when you had to make a mad dash to Swoosh Town for wristbands IMO.

i don't have a problem with this process but why do they do the worst times? like really 1pm on a thursday? all it does is help kids who dont want jobs so they resell

Originally Posted by lockdown36

Originally Posted by east99

Or maybe, they had the size you requested.

same size.
indifferent.gif

Did anyone get an error message in red writing when trying to DM Nike Santa Monica? It happened to me twice, and I think it was because hundreds of people were trying to DM them simultaneously.

Back
Top Bottom