Official Air Jordan XIV white/varsity red release thread 3/10/12::NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING::

Originally Posted by dezmond123

I returned my pair 2 finishline with no problems
Did the store manager give you a
indifferent.gif
look or a
laugh.gif
look ?

Asked a lady working at my local finishline yesterday and she said they still had a few pairs. Guess no one really wanted em in the DMV lol.

return them if your pair sucks... that should send a msg to JB................................... eventually.

Originally Posted by gpsandhu4

Wow...Dudes are still on craigslist asking for $300 for these.

yeah it hasnt hit them yet that these are 14s theres even a bum on the buying sell trying to get
laugh.gif

I tried on just one shoe and took if off just as fast i put it on, i wouldnt give these to my worst enemy... it seem JB had the workers on a egg timer when they were making these, thy just seem so thrown 2gether..

I really feel bad for the people who got bad pairs.

Mines wasn't great, but not terrible either.

I think I'm just settling here, but I'm keeping them only because they bring back good memories for me.
Although the memories they create now are starting to darken the good ones.

Plus, aside, they are really comfortable.

eyes.gif

I'm really glad my OG pair are still wearable cuz the ONE thing I absolutely hate on the past 2 retros of these is the darker red minus the metallic flake.
Oh ya on another note the quality of the OGs were nothing to celebrate.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MartyMcFresh

Originally Posted by jmadidas2001

Niketalk talk should change it's nickname to THE ULTIMATE ONLINE SNEAKER CONSPIRACY

Just an FYI..99% of Jordan consumers don't spend their lives on Sneaker Message Boards...they don't know if a shoe is labeled a "quickstrike" or "limited" by Nike when they sell it to a retailer...they just know that they like how the shoe looks and go and buy it...it is really that simple...

Ironically enough...it is YOU, the Sneaker Message Board conspiracy theorists that create the "hype" online, which...ironically only your following Sneaker Message Board readers ever read and buy into...

And the facts are that this shoe sold at nearly 100% on the release date nationwide...so...go figure...

JM

I see what you did there... But no hype was created what so ever around this shoe...
absolutely none....its da general public thats been whipped up by all that concord fiasco that jump started that whole wave on sell thru bonaza...

crazy that these SOLD OUT with a price spike and when they were cheaper they took they time to move....

I kinda wanted these when the info first dropped about them, butthen I realized that they were still $160. Pass.

I didn't want to spend $160 on them and people are trying to get $250 for them online.
laugh.gif

I really hope this doesn't happen with the Playoff 12s.

i had like 5 pairs go thru my hands and the quality on each one was laughable...i know people have been complaining about quality decreases for awhile but this is crazy

but be careful with how you store yours-  ive seen 2 pairs so far where the red on the pull tab from one sneaker is "bleeding" onto the tongue/laces of the other pair just from being in the box and touching

Originally Posted by KenJi714

Originally Posted by dezmond123

I returned my pair 2 finishline with no problems
Did the store manager give you a
indifferent.gif
look or a
laugh.gif
look ?
yeah it was more like a 
roll.gif
she was like your bringing these back really they sold out u shoulda kept them 

Originally Posted by Kingtre

i had like 5 pairs go thru my hands and the quality on each one was laughable...i know people have been complaining about quality decreases for awhile but this is crazy

but be careful with how you store yours-  ive seen 2 pairs so far where the red on the pull tab from one sneaker is "bleeding" onto the tongue/laces of the other pair just from being in the box and touching

Already? What do they keep their kicks in a sauna? That's crazy.
But thanks for the heads up!

Originally Posted by scunny

Still sitting on the shelves everywhere here. Might snag a pair if they go on sale.

Yes, I will wait for these to drop in price....Not worth retail...

My pair is not all that good but after looking at others I'm happy. At my ftl it be so many people they dnt give us time to go thru pairs but after this release ima have to start doin that

Originally Posted by FutureDHughes

Originally Posted by Kingtre

Already? What do they keep their kicks in a sauna? That's crazy.
But thanks for the heads up!
one pair was from Champs release morning- thought it was strange but didnt think much of it- then another pair straight from NDC was worse...i think i have pix i'll upload later if i do

absolutely none....its da general public thats been whipped up by all that concord fiasco that jump started that whole wave on sell thru bonaza...

crazy that these SOLD OUT with a price spike and when they were cheaper they took they time to move....

this is a flawed way to look at it...what did they go up $10 from what 6 years ago? that's not even on par with the inflation of everything else... and the other side of it is yes theres way more hype around having the latest retro period..no matter what us "old heads" thought about them 5-6-7 years ago and no matter how sales performance was back then...its not even relevant

and you cant blame everything on resellers because stores were selling thru quick on release day and if it was something like the concords or foams and they didnt put a limit on it somebody like me would cop the whole stock
laugh.gif
people were lining up getting their size and going home happy

nt'ers will never grasp the fact that this is a tiny segment and just because there isnt a 100pg thread here doesnt mean lil johnny aint saving up his allowance to happily drop 160 on the "candy canes"

Might as well. Even with the ridiculous price not to mention what people are tryna sell em for now especially that theyre sold out.

Originally Posted by dadecounty11

I kinda wanted these when the info first dropped about them, butthen I realized that they were still $160. Pass.

I didn't want to spend $160 on them and people are trying to get $250 for them online.
laugh.gif

I really hope this doesn't happen with the Playoff 12s.

Playoff 12's will be a tough one to get. Lately, every Jordan release is just a pain, so much hussle req'd to get a pair.

One of the worst quailty Jordan's that I have ever bought. I got them from NDC, and paint is all over the place, one toe is slightly scuffed, and the other toe has a blotch that looks like someone put a cigarette out on it. I'm taking mine back for sure, and wish I could find a better looking pair.

Back
Top Bottom