***Official Air Jordan XX3 Summary Post***

^^^^heat, you shouldnt tease man. Its to nerve-racking cause I just love everything about this shoe and cant wait to see more cw. ^^^Damn zombiejesus, I didntknow you were the authority on fashion. You cant see every apsect of the suit, so how do you know how it fits? How do you know that MJ himslef doesnt like abigger fitted suit? I personally saw a special on TV a LONG time ago that said the suits Jordan wears are VERY expensive. The white collared shirt underneathis alone $400-$500 easily. And why does this gangster image bother you so much? Why is this NOT fun? It seems like it would be fun to pretend to be a gangster.We know and they( the basketball players know) they are not gangsters. Should all the players have a looney-tunes characters on their shirts or something forthis to be fun? Settle down now. No need to go and get all angry about a picture. Its just a picture. Your the one getting all serious. lol

^Pics of the white/stealth would be appreciated. I'd love to see these before the release of the next two XX3s this month to know if the summer colorschemes are worth waiting for.

We will soon know! I will have the pix for the

04/05/2008 Air Jordan XX3
318376-102 White/Stealth/Black
$185

In a few days fellas!
If these look more like the black ones than the other two, then I'll be happy

I know LS releases don't usually come in kid sizes but anybody knows if JB will make an exception for the white/black-varsity red XX3?
and what will the price be for the GR black/varsity-red-stealth XX3 for kids sizes? Any info will help, thanks NT.

jaysonisfly wrote:
hey heat23 is that the colorway that the atl rep said was gonna be as limited as the titanium?
I really couldn't tell you if those are the ones the rep was talking about but I don't think

there will be any XX3 to come close to as limited as the titanium XX3. (but I might be wrong)

-h23

^^ with JB anything is possible lol. thanks for the insight on the new XX3s heat. also ive noticed air randy always gets the hookups to new jays and probablymakes quite a large sum of money from them. how come he doesnt collect shoes? of if he doest how come he doesnt show his collection?

Originally Posted by heat23

Originally Posted by PAsSback

The white/stealth sounds very promising...

dont let the colorway fool u...

Look at other J's with jus white/grey/black as the main colorway...III, IV...
As long as they use a lot of stealth and black and not jus an all white shoe with accents

We will soon know! I will have the pix for the

04/05/2008 Air Jordan XX3
318376-102 White/Stealth/Black
$185

In a few days fellas!

...heat thats not even fair. i'm not a very patient man lol

Cant wait to see the pics of the White/Stealth/Black xx3 ..................cause if I buy another black and red shoe my wife is gonna nag me to death!

Look too much like the black/white first leak pic of the XX3 for me to purchase
...but still great quality

Heat23,
Thanks for the pics...always appreciated.

Originally Posted by ijapino

It was only a matter of time before one of the XX3's got dubbed with a stupid nickname.

I blame the Dunk movement on stupid nicknames, honestly. It just seems like younger members need something to call them by. I guess I'm just getting old, because I've always used the colorway to describe a shoe. This sounds funny, but when I see people using one of the dumb nicknames, I think it's a sign of disrespect. I've also found a correlation to nicknames and young members. Mainly younger kids, teenagers and people who haven't been around the shoe hobby for a long time. It's very rare that you'll hear an og shoe collector use "breds", "playoffs", "last shots", "all stars", "nubucks" to describe a shoe.

i'm OG & i use certain nicknames cause it's a lot easier. certain nicknames are foolish, i admit. but other nicknames make a lot of sense,imo. like if we're talking black xii's w/ white pods it makes more sense to say playoffs rather go thru describing all the color placement. just thesimple term playoffs describes the color placement. it's much simpler that way. especially if you're talking to a "shoehead". they shouldknow what u're talkin about.

last shots - the term speaks for itself. it describes exactly which shoe u're talking about in the exact colorway.
if i say white & black xii's i could be talking taxi or playoff xii. hence the nicknames. it just makes things a lot simpler and easier forconversation, imo.

"cement"
"true blue"
"fire red"
"bred"
"infra reds"
"carmines"
"hares"
"bordeauxs"
"cardinals"
"olympics"
"aquas"
"playoffs"
"powders"
"charcoals"
"olives"
"steels"
"powders"
"concords"
"breds"
"columbias"
"taxis"
"playoffs"
"black toes"
"last shots"

etc, etc...

all these names make sense... well, to me they do, at least.
smile.gif

Thanks for the pics Heat! I like this colorway a lot more than the titanium/carolina colorway. Can't wait to get these, the wht/blk/red's, and 2 pairof stealths. It's gonna be an expensive year including the ZF95's and the Penny 2's. Oh well.

Originally Posted by soulize dp

It's the resellers going nuts / stores mishandling the release and shady lists and raffles...not JB.

JB/Nike get money for the pairs that are ordered...whatever beyond that is not in their control, so why are you guys going so hard at Tinker / Gentry?

You act like JB is making stores charge more than MSRP or knocking up ebay resell prices...they don't make any extra money off those things...

Complain to them about colourways and quality, but this whole thing is because of shady stores doing shady business and resellers...both of which have been components of this business for a long time now so nothing is really new.
no, nike/jb are ALLOWING this to happen...
eyes.gif

the stealths are probably the only one's i'd consider buying. the columbias would be first on my list, but obviously JB keeping supply down makes itimpossible to buy. asthetics aside, these do look like amazing basketball shoes and the stealth colorway is one i can see on any basketball court blending inwith most shorts and shirts, without standing out too much.

Those new ones I don't like as much as the previous four....

Black/Stealths
Titanium Uni-Blue
White/Red
White/Black/Red "All Stars"
White/Stealth

In that order for me so far in terms of XX3 colourways.

It'll be interesting to see how the White/Anthracite/Silver colorway turns out.

Originally Posted by CharmCityKid

Originally Posted by ijapino

It was only a matter of time before one of the XX3's got dubbed with a stupid nickname.

I blame the Dunk movement on stupid nicknames, honestly. It just seems like younger members need something to call them by. I guess I'm just getting old, because I've always used the colorway to describe a shoe. This sounds funny, but when I see people using one of the dumb nicknames, I think it's a sign of disrespect. I've also found a correlation to nicknames and young members. Mainly younger kids, teenagers and people who haven't been around the shoe hobby for a long time. It's very rare that you'll hear an og shoe collector use "breds", "playoffs", "last shots", "all stars", "nubucks" to describe a shoe.

i'm OG & i use certain nicknames cause it's a lot easier. certain nicknames are foolish, i admit. but other nicknames make a lot of sense, imo. like if we're talking black xii's w/ white pods it makes more sense to say playoffs rather go thru describing all the color placement. just the simple term playoffs describes the color placement. it's much simpler that way. especially if you're talking to a "shoehead". they should know what u're talkin about.

last shots - the term speaks for itself. it describes exactly which shoe u're talking about in the exact colorway.
if i say white & black xii's i could be talking taxi or playoff xii. hence the nicknames. it just makes things a lot simpler and easier for conversation, imo.

"cement"
"true blue"
"fire red"
"bred"
"infra reds"
"carmines"
"hares"
"bordeauxs"
"cardinals"
"olympics"
"aquas"
"playoffs"
"powders"
"charcoals"
"olives"
"steels"
"powders"
"concords"
"breds"
"columbias"
"taxis"
"playoffs"
"black toes"
"last shots"

etc, etc...

smile.gif

Please don't take this as disrespect, but I was just wondering, how old are you?

I know "og" status isn't measured by post count, because if it was you'd definitely still be a super newbie. So I'm guessingyou're one of those who A) Have either gone by a different name all these years on Niketalk. B) Lurked around but finally registered a name in December of2007. Or C) Call yourself an "og", because you've liked shoes since you can remember.

An "og" in the shoe hobby isn't something members generally call themselves. I've been around probably longer than 95% of the people onthis board, and I still consider myself a newbie a lot of the times. Why? Because I'm always learning new things on this board.

As far as your list goes though, I find it very humorous. I understand what Air Jordan you're referring to with almost every nickname but I still think they're stupid. When I mentioned that nickname usage and newermembers have a correlation it's mainly because these nicknames haven't been around for that long. Seriously, we didn't call the black/redXIV's, "last shots" in 1998. That name didn't really pick up steam till they started retroing all the XIV's.

The names that use specific colorways to describe the shoe, are probably the only ones I'd give a pass to...But only if you use the AJ number in thesame line because other models have used the color before. .. For example:
"cement" III's or IV's? And which one? Both the white and black III's and IV's used"cement".
"true blue" III's. This one I understand because not many shoes have used "true blue".
"fire red" III's, IV's, or V's?
"infra reds" VI's....White or black?
"olympics" Used to only be used to describe the VII's...but now we have VI's.
"powders" IX's or X's?

But now here's my beef with the rest of your list:

"bred" I absolutely DESPISE this term. If there was a way I could actually have this name added to our banned list of words, I'd do it. Black/redI get that. But still every time I see that I can't help but laugh at how it reminds me of bread...Or if someone said "Whack" to abbreviate"white/black".

"hares" Bugs Bunny made famous. He also wore the white/red VIII's as well. Ok, but I'd still rather say white/red VII's because Hare istoo much like Hair. And I don't wear hairy Jordans.

"playoffs" Usually referred to any shoes MJ wore in the playoffs unless that shoe has already been dubbed something stupid, such as breds, raptors orlast shots. It's usually the black/white XII's or XIII's. But here's the kicker. You know MJ wore the black/white XII's and XIII's inthe All Star game too, right?

"black toes" This used to only describe the I's. But now the white/black XIV's have adopted this as well. This one kinda came up with the allthe XIV's being retroed. How do I know this, because back in 1998-1999 when they first released, people were too busy calling these"ex-eye-vees".

"last shots" Yeah, I know exactly what shoe you're talking about, but as I mentioned before it's a term that people have only started usingwithin the past few years. In 1998, When MJ actually hit the last shot in the finals, people still used "black/red". We weren't lazy enough tocombine the words black and red together.

This phenomenon with most (not all) nicknames has developed within the past 5-6 years. (Hence the newer collector-nickname correlation).

CharmCityKid:
i'm OG & i use certain nicknames cause it's a lot easier. certain nicknames are foolish, i admit. but other nicknames make a lot of sense, imo. like if we're talking black xii's w/ white pods it makes more sense to say playoffs rather go thru describing all the color placement. just the simple term playoffs describes the color placement. it's much simpler that way. especially if you're talking to a "shoehead". they should know what u're talkin about.

if i say white & black xii's i could be talking taxi or playoff xii. hence the nicknames. it just makes things a lot simpler and easier for conversation, imo.

"cement"
"true blue"
"fire red"
"bred"
"infra reds"
"carmines"
"hares"
"bordeauxs"
"cardinals"
"olympics"
"aquas"
"playoffs"
"powders"
"charcoals"
"olives"
"steels"
"powders"
"concords"
"breds"
"columbias"
"taxis"
"playoffs"
"black toes"
"last shots"

etc, etc...

smile.gif

Alright, here's my opinion on that list:

cement: Anything with 'cement' in it, I have no problem with, as long as the actual shoe is alsomentioned. Why do I not have a problem with the nickname 'cement'? Because it's ON THE BOX, and that will bea recurring theme. So 'cementIIIs' makes PERFECT sense to me; it's a main color on the box, and everyone knows you're talking about IIIs.

true blue: Again, same thing, it's ON THE BOX.

fire red: Again... it's ON THE BOX. Now, JUST like 'cement', there are multiple 'fire reds',so you'd still need to specify 'fire red IVs' or 'fire red Vs', but still, it's a nickname that makes sense, because that's a colordescribed on the box.

bred: Absolutely ******ulous (see, I can mix words together, too). Bred comes in loaves, and varieties like rye,sourdough, and wheat.

infra reds: On the box, but like ijapino said: are you talking aboutblack infrareds, or white infrareds? Past that specification, I think this one makes sense, too.

carmines: Again, it's on the box, and there's only one carmine.

hares: Has nothing to do with the shoe, and like ijapino said; Bugsdidn't just wear one pair.

bordeauxs: AGAIN, it's on the box, so it makes sense. And there's no other bordeauxs, so there's noconfusion.

cardinals: I have no idea what these are.

olympics: Olympic VIs or Olympic VIIs? Even though 'Olympic' isn't on the box, I don't mind thisnickname, because Jordan only wore ONE PAIR of shoes in the '92 Olympics (the white/silver/blue VIIs), and everyone that wore Jordans in the 2000 Olympicsonly wore ONE PAIR (the blue/white retro VIs).

aquas: Again, it's on the box, so 'aqua VIIIs' makes perfect sense.

playoffs: Makes no sense, because he didn't just wear one pair of shoes in the playoffs. For example, youcall the black/white XIIs 'playoff XIIs', but he also wore the black/red in the playoffs. Why doesn't anyone call THOSE 'playoff XIIs'? Oh,that's right... because those are 'bred XIIs'.
laugh.gif

And here's a little tidbit about the difference between the XIIs you call 'taxis' and the ones you call 'playoffs': a 'black/white'shoe is MOSTLY black, and that's why 'black' is listed first. A 'white/black' shoe is mostly white, and that's why 'white' islisted first. The 'taxi XIIs' could be called 'white/black' with no confusion and the 'playoff XIIs' could be called'black/white' with no confusion. How do I know? Because no one has ever been confused when I call 'em that way.
wink.gif

powders: Again, it's on the box. As long as you specify the model you're talking about, this makesperfect sense. Powder Xs? Makes sense. Powder IXs? Makes perfect sense.

charcoals: Same thing; it's on the box.

olives: On the box; makes perfect sense.

steels: Again, it's on the box, so it fits.

concords: Once again, it's right there on the box, so it makes perfect sense.

columbias: And again, it's right there on the box, so the nickname fits perfectly.

taxis: On the box. Even though I use 'white/black' (like I mentioned a second ago), the nickname fits.

black toes: Ridiculous. Instead of saying 'Those black toe Is', I'd much rather say 'Those Iswith the black toe.' And I've heard people call the first colorway of the XIVs 'black toe XIVs',, and that's ridiculous as well. Why notjust 'white/black XIV'?

last shots: The last time the ball ever left Michael Jordan's hand in an NBA game, he was wearing thewhite/blue XVIIIs. Sooooo... this nickname is not only ******ed, but is inaccurate.

I know of other nicknames that make sense, too... but only because the nickname appears RIGHT THERE ON THE BOX, like 'lightning' XVIIs or'flint' XVs.

Mang let these kids be .. Our time has passed .. its of no point trying to educated young cats that dont want to be educated (If You do more power to you) ...

So if they want to look all gayish wearing tight bright red pants with some freds (LOL at the name) III with a zebra stripe tight shirt and a colorful hat withL.V. Shades .. so beat it ... all we can do its just look and laugh and say oh boy I'm getting OLD ...

Hopefully they are with a fem so like that I can just whip you are gay of my head ..

Back
Top Bottom