***Official Air Jordan XX3 Summary Post***

Originally Posted by rubberduckievn

GR, most Footlockers are getting them, crib, infants, and pre showed up on my manifest.

Awesome! So should be no problem getting these on 4/5 Sat AM at my spot! Thanks all!

bwwwy0.jpg

tongue.gif

Interesting comment from Tinker, taken out of $ole mag...

$ole: Do you have a favorite colorway or design cue for yourself?

Tinker: I love this colorway [picks up White/Titanium/University Blue pair]. This is my favorite coloway without a doubt, but its also a colorway that has a cache that should be preserved and that is to just not make very many of them in that color. So we all decided...that this should be a limited edition colorway. To be honest, maybe its not as universal in terms of matching up with apparel, so it's probably good that we didn't make too many of them. We have other colors that are probably more expected.

The designers hands down favorite has to be limited? Wow.

Matching up with apparel? Is this dude serious? Has he taken a look at their recent colorway history? Since when has grey, white, and university blue beendifficult to coordinate?

Other colors expected? What, like this?

This company is full of **** from top to bottom. Thing is, I can't believe how many people blindly support this company...making themselves acceptsomething because that's all their "allowed to have." I guess I've been into this stuff so long, I'm in awe of nothing and have higherexpectations than just a product with a Jumpman stamp on it. Their words are so hollow and moreso than ever now that the company has been Gentrified. Theyreally know how to appeal to their new base. Thing is, whoever they are talking to, intelligent doesn't cross their thoughts before they speak.

The White / Red / Black "Allstar" colourway cant be all that limited as Footlocker Europe got shedloads of these in and us Europeans never getanything remotly limited without it being exceptionally limited (ie the Countdown Packs only 300 per pack)......

Originally Posted by chitown4eva

Interesting comment from Tinker, taken out of $ole mag...

$ole: Do you have a favorite colorway or design cue for yourself?

Tinker: I love this colorway [picks up White/Titanium/University Blue pair]. This is my favorite coloway without a doubt, but its also a colorway that has a cache that should be preserved and that is to just not make very many of them in that color. So we all decided...that this should be a limited edition colorway. To be honest, maybe its not as universal in terms of matching up with apparel, so it's probably good that we didn't make too many of them. We have other colors that are probably more expected.

The designers hands down favorite has to be limited? Wow.

Matching up with apparel? Is this dude serious? Has he taken a look at their recent colorway history? Since when has grey, white, and university blue been difficult to coordinate?

Other colors expected? What, like this?

This company is full of **** from top to bottom. Thing is, I can't believe how many people blindly support this company...making themselves accept something because that's all their "allowed to have." I guess I've been into this stuff so long, I'm in awe of nothing and have higher expectations than just a product with a Jumpman stamp on it. Their words are so hollow and moreso than ever now that the company has been Gentrified. They really know how to appeal to their new base. Thing is, whoever they are talking to, intelligent doesn't cross their thoughts before they speak.

It is definitely more visible now than ever but I'm guessing that it is the only way to help sell. I mean, majority of their consumers are probablyyounger people who never experienced the finer days of Jordan Brand, so as long as they get a Jumpman, they're "happy". They never experiencedthe finer craftsmanship and the availability. All that they know if is waking up early to line up for "the newest, freshest kicks". But to thoseconsumers that expect more out of a $185 shoe(which they logically should), then they are disappointed. The company has switched gears and are aiming theirmarketing at a new generation. There really is nothing we can do about it except try and make the most out of it.

anyone else see that eastbay put a fsr of the all-stars in the new catalog even though they dont have them?

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Fin rocking the White/Stealth XX3's
pimp.gif

I'm still 50/50 on these.
He's been rocking them since March 4, and the blk staelths on the AWAY games. Unfortunately, his numbers have been down since he startedwearing'em. Maybe he should go back to the 12.5's, because he's not doing the shoes any justice!

What would be useful for cleaning a scuff mark on the shiny part of the shoe?

The resemblence between these and the XIII is uncanny. Especially on court...

Love em but makes you wonder why they would design them so closely to a Sig. ten years ago.

I think the whole side panel thing is similar (as far as influence) but that's all.

COOK # 45
get fit.

The side panels are similar, I agree. However, the side panel on the 23 is used more for functional purposes due to the shoe being put together differently. Imsure Tinker wasnt looking at the 13 when he designed the 23. Sometimes though, certain design similarities come about in newer shoes, but thats mostlysubconsciously and thats where the similarities end. Hopefully we can get those pics of the white-silver anthracite 23 soon cause the white/stealth/black 23are going to be out in like 3 weeks. So hopefully before or around april Im hoping pics leak.

Not quite sure if I'll cop these or pass on them. I really like XX3's in general but this colorway doesn't necessarilly "pop" out to me.It's a little too subtle but it's definitely not terrible looking...

Originally Posted by T21D

He's been rocking them since March 4, and the blk staelths on the AWAY games. Unfortunately, his numbers have been down since he started wearing'em. Maybe he should go back to the 12.5's, because he's not doing the shoes any justice!

That's unfortunate
laugh.gif
Can't say I'm not happy aboutthat being a Lakers fan
tongue.gif

Does he wear the Blk/Stealths that released to the public?? There's not red trim on the Spurs uniform
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom