Official Air Max 97 Thread

@boogii
 nothing happening with that link when I try it fam am I missing something what FSR were about to bless us with I gotta know!?

It was showing a FSR of silver bullets. When the link was tweeted, I was able to cart and checkout with a size 9.0, but didn't pull the trigger since I already have a pair. Just wanted to see if stock was still available to complete a purchase and I was able to at the time

I never see the restocks lol.. glad I have both and don't have to worry about stalking the web.

do you mean this cw ?? because i dont know any other navy/orange 97s and especially not with an gradient air unit, 97s that have an gradient air unit are very rare and you wont see them too often, and btw do you know what year they came out ??
have no idea what year they came out. they were orange black and i think a slate grey? mannn im sorry i couldnt even find a pic. its either "mets" or "knicks" cw. im gonna ask a guy on IG who might know but i think 1998? it has a gradient air unit. yea ive never even seen any pairs from that era with a gradient unit. not a custom. seen that pic one time i think when i was still on SC forums. might have been "Big Les Doug" one of those guhys in the running and training forum that had a ton of structure triax, ogs, tailswinds, big time collector. ill keep searching thats not it though, 

Was in Stuttgart, Germany, over the weekend. Walked into a sneaker boutique called Suppa. Asked if they had 97s. Guy asked what size. 11. He said, I think I have one pair left. Came back with the golds in a box. 175 Euro, which is about $160. I said I'll take them. Couldn't believe this random find--at a discount in Europe, no less. Scans the box and ... ohhhh, hold on. Goes in back for three minutes. Another guy comes out. OPENS the box and takes one out. You want to buy these? Uh yeah. There's a problem. Someone bought them off our website a little while ago, I can't sell them to you. Quite why this took a three minute discussion and more so why he felt the need to take them out of the box to show them to me again as he said these are sold, I'll never know. 
indifferent.gif

Walked down the street and bought some Baron XIs at Footlocker. Now in a 97 frame of mind again, said eff it and got a second pair of silver bullets off the bay for about $40 over retail. I didn't really want the gold 97s, anyway. But damn those guys 
roll.gif

Was in Stuttgart, Germany, over the weekend. Walked into a sneaker boutique called Suppa. Asked if they had 97s. Guy asked what size. 11. He said, I think I have one pair left. Came back with the golds in a box. 175 Euro, which is about $160. I said I'll take them. Couldn't believe this random find--at a discount in Europe, no less. Scans the box and ... ohhhh, hold on. Goes in back for three minutes. Another guy comes out. OPENS the box and takes one out. You want to buy these? Uh yeah. There's a problem. Someone bought them off our website a little while ago, I can't sell them to you. Quite why this took a three minute discussion and more so why he felt the need to take them out of the box to show them to me again as he said these are sold, I'll never know. 
indifferent.gif

Walked down the street and bought some Baron XIs at Footlocker. Now in a 97 frame of mind again, said eff it and got a second pair of silver bullets off the bay for about $40 over retail. I didn't really want the gold 97s, anyway. But damn those guys 
roll.gif

175 Euros is not $160, so you didn't miss a deal. 

175 Euros is not $160, so you didn't miss a deal. 
Ahahahahaha you're right. I looked quickly at the exchange rate and read it backward. You know, I knew that didn't sound right. Jet lag lol. Regardless, I still would've bought them. But ah well. 

Last edited:
@boogii  awwwww damn i been trying to help one of my best friends find a pair of the Silvers in a size 9 that would have been such a great find! Good lookin out with the quick link action nonetheless! 

could anyone with both the silver and gold pairs chime in on the sizing? i have golds and they fit nicely, not snug but not loose, should i get the same size in the silvers? thanks for the help!

could anyone with both the silver and gold pairs chime in on the sizing? i have golds and they fit nicely, not snug but not loose, should i get the same size in the silvers? thanks for the help!

I have both in size 9.5 and they fit pretty much the same to me. I juggle between a 9-9.5 in Nike's but went with the 9.5 for slightly more toe room since they were first reported to fit snug

have no idea what year they came out. they were orange black and i think a slate grey? mannn im sorry i couldnt even find a pic. its either "mets" or "knicks" cw. im gonna ask a guy on IG who might know but i think 1998? it has a gradient air unit. yea ive never even seen any pairs from that era with a gradient unit. not a custom. seen that pic one time i think when i was still on SC forums. might have been "Big Les Doug" one of those guhys in the running and training forum that had a ton of structure triax, ogs, tailswinds, big time collector. ill keep searching thats not it though, 
must be this cw from early 99

Last edited:
Bah, my search for golds in a 11/11.5 has been horrible. On release day footaction in the city got their shipment delayed until hour before closing. By the time I rushed downtown they only had a 13 left, smh. Tried grabbing locally off a sneaker group and dude decides after back and forth for a week he's going to have to sell for way over retail so he can pay for his true size when we originally agreed 25 over retail...if anyone has any leads please lmk

I have both my normal size in both pair as well as a half size up in both, and the silvers are more snug in my normal size while feel perfect in the half up. The gold on the other hand are perfect in my normal size and i have way too much room for comfort in the sized up pair. My heel was slipping out of the back in the steps around my house.

Was in Stuttgart, Germany, over the weekend. Walked into a sneaker boutique called Suppa. Asked if they had 97s. Guy asked what size. 11. He said, I think I have one pair left. Came back with the golds in a box. 175 Euro, which is about $160. I said I'll take them. Couldn't believe this random find--at a discount in Europe, no less. Scans the box and ... ohhhh, hold on. Goes in back for three minutes. Another guy comes out. OPENS the box and takes one out. You want to buy these? Uh yeah. There's a problem. Someone bought them off our website a little while ago, I can't sell them to you. Quite why this took a three minute discussion and more so why he felt the need to take them out of the box to show them to me again as he said these are sold, I'll never know. :stoneface:

Walked down the street and bought some Baron XIs at Footlocker. Now in a 97 frame of mind again, said eff it and got a second pair of silver bullets off the bay for about $40 over retail. I didn't really want the gold 97s, anyway. But damn those guys :rofl:  

Smh that's messed up how they did you.Hope you strike on a gold restock

Back
Top Bottom