Official Air Max 97 Thread

Tbh....I aint even mad at those ultras. Ill probably try and snag lol

Also,

I was finally able to scoop a size 10. Definitely fits better! Willing to oop my 9.5 to an NTer. 

Who was the gentlemen still looking for the 9.5? 

Want to rep MrPhist for helping me finally secure a pair of silver bullets after multiple strike outs. Good to know that there are still good people out here. I appreciate you big dawg. Thanks again!

Reactions: You
I'll probably never buy spiridons despite the new hype or comfortably you guys saying.I can just remember them being in Macy's or Marshalls for $50 faithfully and I wasn't felling em.Jus not my cup of tea but them am97s UL I might consider (after prices goes lower w/discount codes) on getting me them jus because im too self conscious on wearing my 97s as it is.I would actually rock and really get a good wear in them & keep my regular 97s on hibernation mode as they are now.

I'll probably never buy spiridons despite the new hype or comfortably you guys saying.I can just remember them being in Macy's or Marshalls for $50 faithfully and I wasn't felling em.Jus not my cup of tea but them am97s UL I might consider (after prices goes lower w/discount codes) on getting me them jus because im too self conscious on wearing my 97s as it is.I would actually rock and really get a good wear in them & keep my regular 97s on hibernation mode as they are now.

too self conscious to wear your 97s??

nike is really killing the line with the ultra... the 1s, spiridon and now 97s are just terrible
sick.gif
Generally I agree. Why not just make more of the damn OGs? Most of these "ultra" remakes lose what made the originals what they were. I never even give them a second look.

That said, I don't agree in the case of the Spiridons. I picked up the desert reds a week ago on a whim, on sale for $89 at a local Shoe Palace. Have worn them every day this week and they are lit. And comfortable. And unlike most ultras, they really are not that much different from the OGs. Hell, from three feet away I can't even tell the difference between the two. Mad comfortable. In fact, I like them so much, I just bought two more pairs off Finishline on sale at $82 a pop. I'm going to burn these into the ground for the foreseeable future. I'm an OG guy to the core, but in this one case I'm making an exception. And the difference in price between what I just picked up these ultras for and what resale is on last year's stupidly limited Nikelab OG versions? Effing no brainer.

But yeah, as an AM97 megafan, I won't even pick those up in a store other than to laugh at. 

Last edited:
Why did you buy them? And what makes you think the ultralights will be any different?

Obviously I do what I want.The ultras are not the ogs so id feel more comfortable with getting lite practice with them on plus they look dope.Youre right there's no difference but there is to me.

Obviously I do what I want.The ultras are not the ogs so id feel more comfortable with getting lite practice with them on plus they look dope.Youre right there's no difference but there is to me.
Silver 97s are difficult to wear because you need a particular outfit to rock with them? And I've never heard of practicing with wearing shoes. I guess I've heard it all now. I readily acknowledge everyone is different, but that's just interesting to me. I'm 40. I wear them all the time with whatever I want and get nothing but compliments. Hell dude, you can wear 'em with just about any jeans or shorts and a t shirt. I'm not throwing shade at all, just perplexed a bit. Silver 97s are far from the flashiest, most ostentatious shoes you can wear by a lonnnnnnng way. 

Last edited:
Reactions: You
I wear my SB's with my grey tech fleece jacket and joggers, gotta be matchy matchy out here :pimp: :pimp:

Dropped by for an update on OG Neon release date.

Stayed for the "I don't know how to wear SBs" lolz.

Just throw them on feet and own it man. Stop worrying about what others think about you and do it for yourself!

Silver 97s are difficult to wear because you need a particular outfit to rock with them? And I've never heard of practicing with wearing shoes. I guess I've heard it all now. I readily acknowledge everyone is different, but that's just interesting to me. I'm 40. I wear them all the time with whatever I want and get nothing but compliments. Hell dude, you can wear 'em with just about any jeans or shorts and a t shirt. I'm not throwing shade at all, just perplexed a bit. Silver 97s are far from the flashiest, most ostentatious shoes you can wear by a lonnnnnnng way. 

Agreed.Its not rocket science to put them on and have a outfit to match I'm just mad picky with timing and what I want to wear with em.Youre right they do go with everything.I like the ULs enough to wear them more than my actual 97s because there not the real deal i.e. me saying ill gett practice in em just to save some wear and tear in my ogs

Agreed.Its not rocket science to put them on and have a outfit to match I'm just mad picky with timing and what I want to wear with em.Youre right they do go with everything.I like the ULs enough to wear them more than my actual 97s because there not the real deal i.e. me saying ill gett practice in em just to save some wear and tear in my ogs
Are you worried more about the condition of your shoes rather than the outfit?

Sorry man but I don't follow. Sounds like you're worried about outfit matching the SBs but would regularly wear a takedown model that's essentially the same thing? By this logic, are you buying Yeezys and then wearing the fakes? 

SBs WILL retro again. Wear them. baby them. beat them. Whatever you want. You'll have an opportunity to re-up (multiple times I reckon) on them in your lifetime. 

It's not like these are T23s, Supreme SB Dunks, ROs, Amsterdams or any number of "never to retro ever" grails. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom