Official Air Max 97 Thread

Are you worried more about the condition of your shoes rather than the outfit?
Sorry man but I don't follow. Sounds like you're worried about outfit matching the SBs but would regularly wear a takedown model that's essentially the same thing? By this logic, are you buying Yeezys and then wearing the fakes? 

SBs WILL retro again. Wear them. baby them. beat them. Whatever you want. You'll have an opportunity to re-up (multiple times I reckon) on them in your lifetime. 
It's not like these are T23s, Supreme SB Dunks, ROs, Amsterdams or any number of "never to retro ever" grails. 

I'd say its about both.Your logic is off in my case though,I'm not choosing to wear fake replicas to save the reals because the UL have a significant difference.I'm basically choosing to wear sport royal foamposites instead of actual royal penny's plus I'm jus not ready to break em out yet.Its deeper than rap to me.

Your right I know these will reretro but it's certain shoes I be caught in a jam for because I like em alot.

Last edited:
Ultras are for people who want a similar look but more comfort.

I don't mind that they release.

We're in the minority and some people are just happier with a similar look.

97's aren't that comfortable, especially compared to other sneakers in 2017. So they're trying to get both markets.

Third pair of SBs just arrived via Shoelosophy in Italy. Thanks again to whoever posted that link last week. Super fast shipping but they just wrapped the shoebox in brown paper and shipped it. Box a bit of a mess...
View media item 2476415...but shoes are all good. I'm done with 97s until those OG neons land, if they ever actually do.
View media item 2476417

Ultras are for people who want a similar look but more comfort.

I don't mind that they release.

We're in the minority and some people are just happier with a similar look.

97's aren't that comfortable, especially compared to other sneakers in 2017. So they're trying to get both markets.
Dropped by for an update on OG Neon release date.
Stayed for the "I don't know how to wear SBs" lolz.

Just throw them on feet and own it man. Stop worrying about what others think about you and do it for yourself!

Word

Who thinks these will sit?I like em but I'm not stressing like the previous 2 cws released
Take the money you would've spent on these debacles, save another $40-$50 and get a second pair of silvers. Then you can wear the pair you already have without stressing about wear and tear LOL

Lmfao Rep'd You know what that's not an bad idea.[emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]128077[/emoji]
My man. 
laugh.gif

Seriously though. Don't get sucked into these whacked-out/whored-out makeups and trying to get multiple versions. Certain shoes are classic because of the way they were in the first place.

I know I'm old, but damn. Most of these new makeups are the sneaker equivalent of having a new Ferrari 488 and then ruining it with customized ostrich skin, Gucci trim, and whatever else crap someone at Nike who sees "limited edition" dollar signs throws at you. Think of it this way: silvers and golds and neons, whatever, are loved in the first place because they made--and still make--sense.

This crap? Er, no. Ten years from now, I can see people still wanting the OG colorways. Not so much this garbage once the short-term hype dies down from people who didn't score the OGs and grabbed these styles as consolation. 

Pino saying the White Snakes is limited like the Golds and Silvers  
nerd.gif

Last edited:
My man. :lol:
Seriously though. Don't get sucked into these whacked-out/whored-out makeups and trying to get multiple versions. Certain shoes are classic because of the way they were in the first place.
I know I'm old, but damn. Most of these new makeups are the sneaker equivalent of having a new Ferrari 488 and then ruining it with customized ostrich skin, Gucci trim, and whatever else crap someone at Nike who sees "limited edition" dollar signs throws at you. Think of it this way: silvers and golds and neons, whatever, are loved in the first place because they made--and still make--sense.
This crap? Er, no. Ten years from now, I can see people still wanting the OG colorways. Not so much this garbage once the short-term hype dies down from people who didn't score the OGs and grabbed these styles as consolation. 

Yeah you hit it right on the nail with that one.Cant beat Ogs.You made me think long term with having em but some Og Nikes do look good in new cws if not whored out to the 3rd degree.But that's not the case so far with these 97s so you're right respect

Yeah you hit it right on the nail with that one.Cant beat Ogs.You made me think long term with having em but some Og Nikes do look good in new cws if not whored out to the 3rd degree.But that's not the case so far with these 97s so you're right respect
Yup. Don't get me wrong. If a new makeup is good, it's good. I'm not one of these guys who says OG colorway or nothing. As you said, there are good new versions of certain shoes. But this BS with the 97s is a joke. People are actually into those triple-white "snakes"? The hell? Chef Curry on deck 
roll.gif

Yup. Don't get me wrong. If a new makeup is good, it's good. I'm not one of these guys who says OG colorway or nothing. As you said, there are good new versions of certain shoes. But this BS with the 97s is a joke. People are actually into those triple-white "snakes"? The hell? Chef Curry on deck :rofl:

Ahahahaha dag man I was thinking about considering em but u making me go back to my regular input on anything all whites which I don't like.These "we're" about to be my first [emoji]128513[/emoji]

Man y'all making me feel like those Snakeskin joints may not be the move. LOL

Although a bit boring I don't think they are bad. The snakeskin is fairly subtle and makes a pretty decent shoe. Is the material where everyone's dislike comes from?

I think the "summer scales" are pretty dope. I'll be on SNKRS this Thurs [emoji]128013[/emoji][emoji]128013[/emoji][emoji]128013[/emoji]

Man y'all making me feel like those Snakeskin joints may not be the move. LOL

Although a bit boring I don't think they are bad. The snakeskin is fairly subtle and makes a pretty decent shoe. Is the material where everyone's dislike comes from?
Personally, I don't like all-white shoes, period, and I like these even less after they added snakeskin and changed some of the other materials. These are total garbage to me, but I'm no one to judge another's tastes and preferences. I own more than a couple pairs of shoes certain people I know hate. That's the way it goes. But I don't enjoy seeing Nike taking all-time classics, which were classic for a reason, and making them worse (in my opinion) by throwing on "modern" materials that are just straight corny. Put another way, I don't like seeing examples of great, timeless design (shoes or anything else) corrupted by a short-term trend of the moment.

Back
Top Bottom