Official Air Max 97 Thread

Guys regarding the sizing this situation: straight from Nike which is what I was saying
Screenshot_2017-10-13-14-39-34.png

Wearing mine today at my job and all the kids are commenting on how ugly they're in comparison to the silver ones as they say but they're :nthat:

Kids don't know what they're talking about:lol:

They're so dope, bring me back to high school.

they're very clean, but too feminine, IMO they would have still flew off shelves as a women's release

I agree, they def look like a women's pair through and through lol. It's kinda funny that these are men's yet that 95 inspired pair is a women's exclusive. You'd think it would be reversed or at least both pairs be available to men and women. I guess the motto of Nike is to never give people EXACTLY what they want.

testify testify Wrong fam, you're getting mislead by the cm. If you look at any sneaker box you have and compare the rest of the numbers uk, eur, br etc you will see its a 1.5 size difference. Trust me fam.

I was just about to get to this.. I want to believe testify testify badly lol because I want them but with all the other conversions, they come up .5 a size short. The interesting thing was his anecdote about the womens AM97s he copped in an 11.5 buttt that may be attributed to specific foot/fit.

Yeah women's shoe you always add a 1.5-2 sizes to your men's size. I worked at a sneaker store when I was younger and anytime a guy wanted a women's shoe he had to size up 1.5-2. I've never worn women's shoes but I have wide feet so I'd have to go up 2 sizes

Look at unisex shoes like flyknit racers for example..

The conversion between men and women is 1.5 sizes and is labeled as such on da box

testify testify Wrong fam, you're getting mislead by the cm. If you look at any sneaker box you have and compare the rest of the numbers uk, eur, br etc you will see its a 1.5 size difference. Trust me fam.

Ok I see what you're saying, and yeah you're right when factoring in UK and EUR sizing but when cm and US size is considered it's basically one size down. At least on the box label that is. I can vouch that the size 12 women's pairs I have fit just like a men's US 11and when you look at the cm size it's the same as a men's 11. All I'm saying is if you're a US10.5 or 11 I'm 100 percent certain you will fit into a women's 11.5/12 as Ive found there's no noticeable difference. Maybe the pic will illustrate my point?
20171013_160932.jpg

Finally!! About to purchase the Atlantic Blue's BUT does anyone know if the sizes listed on JD are in UK or US?

No problem, I'd imagine you'd be good despite it being desiganated as a womens shoe. I don't believe there's any real differences between the fit but of course I could be wrong. I usually wear 11/11.5 in Nike. From what I could tell when I put my light bones/pinks on they fit but extremely tight. They're currently being stretched out and have some serious stuffing going on but they should be a lot better and closer to a size 11 soon. That being said, I know for a fact that if I had a size 11 (women's US 12) from the get go I'd be golden and not have to go through these efforts.

I'm not sure where exactly the whole "US womens 12 = men's 10.5" came from but it's just incorrect. Even for older women's am1s I have the conversion is 1 size down not 1.5. so the Am1s I own are wmn 12/29cm or size 11 men and they fit exactly that way. It's no different with this release from what I can tell. So if you were a true 10.5 and you own other 97s in that size when these neon inspired 97s drop you'd be going for a wmns 11.5/28.5cm. Hopefully that clears it up

EDIT: when it comes to difference of the arch support/size on wmns I have no clue, sorry. Maybe someone else here can elaborate on that?

I tried on zoom all out Women's US11

My feet are Men US9.5 (Air Jordan retro sizing)

since wmn 11 = men 9.5

wmn 11.5 = men 10

wmn 12 = men 10.5

Makes sense to me

Now where can I buy 95/97 neons?

Man i wear an 11.5 in air max. Thats trash

Same size as you for most air max

I was debating dropping down 1cm to 29cm to get the neon 97s but I think it would be far too tight even if I took out the in sole...smh it’s **** being a big footer sometimes

They made the wmns neon 95 inspired pair up to a wmns sz12 so if you wear men's sz10.5 in Nike you'll be good w/the wmns 12 but any larger, like myself, you're SOL.

Reactions: PJS
Wearing mine today at my job and all the kids are commenting on how ugly they're in comparison to the silver ones as they say but they're :nthat:
Kids don't know what they're talking about:lol:

ABs are the best OG AM97 cw imo :pimp: 2nd and 3rd would be the black/neons and the chlorine blue/midnight navy's, silver bullets are a lil bit plain, no color contrast at all, from all the OG cws i dislike them the most, i prefer the wmns version from the silver bullets with the polar blue air unit and swoosh, and i totally agree with you that those kiddies dont know what they are talking about :smh: :smh: :smh:

Back
Top Bottom