Official Air Max 97 Thread

Is it confirmed whether the drop is Thursday or Saturday for Footlocker / Finishline etc? I asked multiple stores yesterday and nobody had their shipments yet.

Is it confirmed whether the drop is Thursday or Saturday for Footlocker / Finishline etc? I asked multiple stores yesterday and nobody had their shipments yet.

All of the websites of the stores you named, have the release date listed. Thursday.

So looks like US is getting the Gold 97s but is the date gonna be 13th or 20th? Maybe depends on the spot idk

To me yes.
It's up to you, they're tts to my feet. A lot of people half size up on Foams, I go tts. People half size up on Yeezy 350 V2, my belugas fit tts. People just don't like the initial break in period.
I had the 97s in my normal Nike size of 10 last week and they left the arches and balls of my feet sore. Length was a little short but okay, and the toes didn't bother me. Sized up to 10.5, and they're a little big with some heel slip, but my foot otherwise feels fine. I'm going to add an insole to improve the fit.

I wondee how many times dragicon has had to post his what I wear chart lol.
Everyone's foot is different.

I have a wide foot and will defintiely need half size up to 12.5. My sz 12 is ok but too tight on the inner sides. I can't move my big toe as easily as I'd like in these sz 12.

It's just a light comfort thing for me, not like it will be unwearable or like a sz 13 will fly off my feet.

Also the material is somewhat pliable which I feel makes it more forgiving than say a really hard material mudguard or stitching etc.

I think it's getting close again for my shoe sizing comparison chart :lol:

I think it's getting close again for my shoe sizing comparison chart
laugh.gif
Thanks for the effort though! It definitely helps though. You're like the babyjs23 of the FKR thread or something
glasses.gif

I saw it for the first time in the FKR thread and that helped me choose the right size. Ultimately though I figured I'd have to try them on and wear for a little bit know for sure.

Same for these, I'm just glad the early jig worked for me so I know half size is perfect for me.

But my half size up to a 12.5 is relatively rare in a lot of runners/casual models, so I guess I got used to a tighter fit in 12 or a looser fit in 13. I'm a lot more sensitive to fit when it comes to retro js and stuff though.

Nice to see these coming back out.

Had a pair of 97s in the past and love the silhouette but not the fit.

Will be passing.

Thread bout to takeoff soon...so far only heard that Footlocker HOH getting pairs here in Raleigh/Durham NC....plus its spring break...i hope these kids don't ruin my cop for me tomorrow. taking lunch early to snag a pair. I've copped sz 11 the last two releases..am i safe to cop that size again?

Thread bout to takeoff soon...so far only heard that Footlocker HOH getting pairs here in Raleigh/Durham NC....plus its spring break...i hope these kids don't ruin my cop for me tomorrow. taking lunch early to snag a pair. I've copped sz 11 the last two releases..am i safe to cop that size again?
Probably not.. I keep hearing to go up half a size. My boy had these on yesterday from last weeks leak release in a 12. I asked him how they fit and the first thing he says is he shouldve sized up; he said he took the insoles out because they were tight.

Makes me feel more confident about the 11.5 I got oop'd. I will still be heading out to stores tomorrow to try on an 11.5.. if it fits, I'm keeping my 1 pair and waiting on golds.

As for this shoe and colorway.. Nostalgia af for me too.. I was in the 7th grade when these dropped and I LOVED them but I could only buy one pair of shoes and went with the Jumpman Pro Blk-Red.

This shoe is all nostalgia for me too. My parents wouldn't buy them for me because it was too expensive. Hopefully, I can finally capitalize tomorrow.

Last edited:
for everyone asking on sizing. Just tried on a 10.5 and they fit like air max 95s right out of the box.  But keep in mind these will stretch out. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom