Official Air Max 97 Thread

i wanted just the golds but after having the golds i want the set... i originally had the history of air pair that released like a decade ago but sold them... so i had to cop the SB again and now im a keep them... paid over retail on offspring but its all good

There's 2 dates. One is 11/16/16. The other is 2/16/17
Looks about the same dates as my better quality pair that I think is from the more recent factory. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.  I wouldn't worry about 2mm of offcentering lol  Enjoy!

Looks about the same dates as my better quality pair that I think is from the more recent factory. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.  I wouldn't worry about 2mm of offcentering lol  Enjoy!

Lol. Thanks for you're input. I guess I have OCD because it's bugging me haha. It's a shame because other than that everything else on both shoes looks fine. You'd expect Nike to pay more attention to ensuring things like this don't happen.

You must be new to this brand 
laugh.gif

This is why I hate buying shoes online. When I do, I go into it with the mindset of, hopefully the pair I get doesn't have enough of a flaw or mistake that I have to take the time to send it back. Whenever I happen to get a pair with zero noticeable flaws, I'm pretty much amazed. 

You must be new to this brand :lol:

This is why I hate buying shoes online. When I do, I go into it with the mindset of, hopefully the pair I get doesn't have enough of a flaw or mistake that I have to take the time to send it back. Whenever I happen to get a pair with zero noticeable flaws, I'm pretty much amazed. 

Lol. Nah I got plenty of nikes. And all the ones I've bought have been excellent quality. No big/noticeable mistakes. Plus I copped the 97s in store. Went to another store and copped again. The second pair were even worse. Plus the gold 97s I copped a few weeks back were also great quality.

Lol. Nah I got plenty of nikes. And all the ones I've bought have been excellent quality. No big/noticeable mistakes. Plus I copped the 97s in store. Went to another store and copped again. The second pair were even worse. Plus the gold 97s I copped a few weeks back were also great quality.
I was mostly joking, and it was really a comment about Nike's often suspect QC rather than you. I figured you weren't new to it. Personally, I'm pretty picky about the build quality, though not over the top about it. But usually when I buy in-store, I end up asking to see a second or third pair before I'm satisfied. I think I was OK with the first pair the store brought out of the back only one or two times out of the 12-plus pairs of Nikes and Jordans I've purchased in the past year. Jordan's, of course, are an entirely different story when it comes to QC. 

i wanted just the golds but after having the golds i want the set... i originally had the history of air pair that released like a decade ago but sold them... so i had to cop the SB again and now im a keep them... paid over retail on offspring but its all good

Yea I started off the same way hunting for the gold 97s on release day couldn't find my size than ended up copping the gold 95s but luckily found a pair of 97s and than got the sz swap for my tts.I jus unds my 95s yesterday and was getting compliments or breaking necks for em.I still got my 97s on ice imma wait til 4 of July (maybe) to unds.Now I want them gold zeros and amps and I'll be set.And I want them silver 95s now too but since I got my gold 97s I'm feeling less about my sbs.

I was mostly joking, and it was really a comment about Nike's often suspect QC rather than you. I figured you weren't new to it. Personally, I'm pretty picky about the build quality, though not over the top about it. But usually when I buy in-store, I end up asking to see a second or third pair before I'm satisfied. I think I was OK with the first pair the store brought out of the back only one or two times out of the 12-plus pairs of Nikes and Jordans I've purchased in the past year. Jordan's, of course, are an entirely different story when it comes to QC. 

I wish I asked them to show me some other pairs. But I thought they'd think I'm mad and not do it

Bit the bullet and copped a pair of golds on eBay for $215 shipped. Hopefully its a clean pair and this hunt can finally be over...

After back and forth I let go of my 11.5 and prefer an 11 in the golds.. this is AFTER I let go of my size 11 lmaoooo so now Im hunting again. I blame nike for being asshats and making 2 shoes within the span of one month that fit differently.. wtf!

I got a 8.5 in golds and a 8 in SBs... my TTS 8 def was perfect sizing but I had to settle for the 8.5 in golds cuz a 8 wasn't available

usually a hater of anything other than OG build but those 97 ultras don't look too bad.

have to see them irl but might be worth a spin

Back
Top Bottom