Official Air Max 97 Thread

Decided to grab a second pair of SWs, this time in 0.5 down to see what all of the fuss is about and, yeah, its true that going a half down does give that super-snug feel but, man, the difference in the feel of TTS/0.5 has been way overplayed IMO. in fact I wouldn't be surprised if your feet thanked you for staying True in these joints if you are out and about in them for a number of hours. I went down 0.5 in all of the AM1 Pinnacles and after a few hours on feet they definitely start to pinch my feet so I would not be surprised if that was also the case with the Wotherspoons. And chatter about maybe being able to go a full size down is nuts. My feet would be crushed and I have a narrow foot. Bottom line is if you want your TTS SW to have the same snug feel as the 0.5 down just wear an extra pair of your regular socks.

20180410_155711.jpg

Man at least yaw ain’t have to sit thru SW’s BS to our faces at the Richmond Need Supply drop in Richmond VA back in November.

The fact that a lot of people voted for the shoe beforehand does prove it's popular. I think it's alright but nothing to get excessively crazy about. They came out and went by. What I'm kind of fed up by is the disproportionate amount of coverage and talk they get compared to their production numbers.

I swear i dont understand the love for the SW's frfr.

That colorway is uber wack

Yall infatuated with exclusivity

If they dropped sum normal no named 97/1's. They would be discount

My opinions

You could say the same for just about any sneaker released on a bed of hype and limited numbers. AM1 Atmos Elephant 2007s sat for weeks when released as there was no hype the frst time around. Ten years later and a mountain of hype made them into magic sneaker dust.

Simple fact is the structure, use of materials and colourway of the SW is unique and unlike anything before it. And there may never be another 1/97 created...it could be a one-off model. On this rare occasion the hype is justified IMO. The exclusivity of it is more contentious.

I can almost guarantee you that a big majority of us would not be friends in person.

Sean needs to quick trying to befriend the world and keep it pushing.

He took care of his staff and the group that helped him make the shoe so that’s where the favors stop.

Instead of gifting them to shoetubers who’ve never owned air max he should have left some on ice.

On another note, the price that some TD SWs are selling for on ebay UK is ludicrous. Prices hitting north of £250 for something that a child will grow out of within months. :wow:

No, some of us voted for them when they were normal no named 97/1's. And that same argument could be used against anything limited you like also.

giphy.gif
I mean voted compared 2 what? The other entries must have been even weaker, for suxh a pastel colorway to become popular.

I mean i get the fact the materials make it LOOK and seem more quality than most but still they just seem bland as a colorway 2 me.

But if u can freak em mo power to u and anybody else that got or wants em.

Back
Top Bottom