OFFICIAL: Air Trainer 1 Mid Premium aka "Chlorophylls"... paging Wallyhop....

Thanks , only 8 years but wanted some reassurance 😂

Oh, time flies lol.

I usually say 7 yrs if they're deadstock. If they've been worn, I've found that a shoe can go 10+. I've still got worn '12 Chlorophylls that are holding up fine... and others that have started showing the smallest, slightest cracking.

I'd wear them anyway lol. b/c they're too good to just look at.

15 years is my usual danger zone for Nike
worn frequently, I had some 2000 chlorophylls crap out at 13-14 years old. And then recent 2004 cross trainers all had glue and or sole separation/crumbling at about 12-14 as well. I wouldn’t put ds shoes past ten years. I think the life expectancy is decreasing across the boards. It’s why I got rid of most of my 12-16 trainers. Good timing as we’re already two years past with the SBs.

My oldest, some 2012 chlorophylls seem okay, if not for some cracking on the fake Grey suede. Both pairs of extremely worn 2014 med balls are holding at year 8. One pair remains ds. They may get the go at year 9 at this point.

Wear your shoes. Stop stockpiling.

I think I have more shoes in the graveyard than ready to WEAR.

worn frequently, I had some 2000 chlorophylls crap out at 13-14 years old. And then recent 2004 cross trainers all had glue and or sole separation/crumbling at about 12-14 as well. I wouldn’t put ds shoes past ten years. I think the life expectancy is decreasing across the boards. It’s why I got rid of most of my 12-16 trainers. Good timing as we’re already two years past with the SBs.

My oldest, some 2012 chlorophylls seem okay, if not for some cracking on the fake Grey suede. Both pairs of extremely worn 2014 med balls are holding at year 8. One pair remains ds. They may get the go at year 9 at this point.

My 2014 Medicine Balls are also going strong. I wear them regularly and they stay in rotation (rarely back in the box). 2009s are also fine too; I should bring those out soon, but prefer the build of the '14s.

BIG FACTS

Our shoes are ticking time bombs of dust. Enjoy them and wear them. They are not museum pieces

Can anyone provide insight on how the nubuck portion of the 2022 pair are holding up? I want to wear the navy for everyday wear but Illinois weather can be wet most of the year so concerned about moisture from rain or snow.

Likely keep the '22 Chlorophyll on ice and keep wearing the SB Chlorophyll on dry days so that suede won't get caught in rain or snow

Brush them and use a waterproofing spray at least every 3 month if you want to keep them fresh for a long time.

I've gotten mine wet and had no issues.

That said, I try not to slosh around in crap conditions w my "good" shoes. Usually designate a few select pairs for bad weather.

My '12 Chloros are good in that role b/c the materials are very durable. Guess we'll soon find out how these '22s fare.

Last edited:
Got the Photons from NDC for $67 (I was given a 20$ gc)..all caught up for now..
20221016_120354.jpg

Thanks for the heads up, also available today in some european shops so I could secure a pair.

W

What site?
It was snkrroom and the promo code expired. It was good from 11:30-12:30 EST today. Usually they have weekend deals every Saturday for 25-40% off that are usually valid for three hours. You should sign up for their newsletter to get the alerts when these promo codes go live.

Back
Top Bottom