Official ALCS NY Yankees vs. Texas Rangers Thread (Rangers Lead 3-1)

Originally Posted by roboski

3 hits. Matsui and Damon are saying I told u so somewhere. Yankees looked like the could've played Baltimore in a series and lose. A-Rod u need a pay cut. Were was the pitching all series? Were was the bats all series?? Some major changes need to be made this offseason cause we limped into the playoffs and got embarrassed by the Rangers.

But Ellijah I wonder what everybody else would be like if we handed out the whopping on Texas. Think about it.

This.Good luck to rangers.. would have liked Yankees vs. Giants.. but, Rangers earned this one.

Originally Posted by roboski

3 hits. Matsui and Damon are saying I told u so somewhere. Yankees looked like the could've played Baltimore in a series and lose. A-Rod u need a pay cut. Were was the pitching all series? Were was the bats all series?? Some major changes need to be made this offseason cause we limped into the playoffs and got embarrassed by the Rangers.

But Ellijah I wonder what everybody else would be like if we handed out the whopping on Texas. Think about it.

This.Good luck to rangers.. would have liked Yankees vs. Giants.. but, Rangers earned this one.

That WS patch is looking
pimp.gif

Wouldve loved to have that on a Yankee cap
frown.gif

Im not watching the WS this year but I hope the Rangers win. I love love love Cliff Lee and Josh Hamilton so Im gunna root for them to get it all.

That WS patch is looking
pimp.gif

Wouldve loved to have that on a Yankee cap
frown.gif

Im not watching the WS this year but I hope the Rangers win. I love love love Cliff Lee and Josh Hamilton so Im gunna root for them to get it all.

well i wanted to come to this thread when series is over so here's my two cents:

props to the Rangers for winning, yall deserved it. im probably one of the few yankees fan that knew they had our number before the series started. if we played them in the ALDS, we'd lose too. which is why im glad we played the twins first
laugh.gif
. I always say pitching wins 'chips, and they had better pitching than we did. not to mention we played like crap. but its all good, we'll be back next season and its still Yankees all day
pimp.gif

well i wanted to come to this thread when series is over so here's my two cents:

props to the Rangers for winning, yall deserved it. im probably one of the few yankees fan that knew they had our number before the series started. if we played them in the ALDS, we'd lose too. which is why im glad we played the twins first
laugh.gif
. I always say pitching wins 'chips, and they had better pitching than we did. not to mention we played like crap. but its all good, we'll be back next season and its still Yankees all day
pimp.gif

Just went through the 20 or so pages I missed last night.

Right off the bat, when Andrus made that jumping catch I had a bad feeling about the game. The early lead didn't help and the way we got the run back, just didn't instill confidence. I was hopping around from my friends crib to a bar back to a house party to watch the game and it just was never a point where I felt we would win. Colby Lewis shut us down something fierce, no excuses. The bats were in a coma all series and there is 0 anyone can say about that. It's 100% the fault of the bats for NEVER getting a hit when we needed it the most. The pitching wasn't good either but with the caliber of hitting we are "suppose" to have on this team it should have been good enough.

After the game me n a few of my boys tried to rationalize it and for whatever reason, could have been the alcohol but we all said that it just doesn't hurt that bad to lose this year. I don't know maybe it's because we were spanked the entire series but this year felt like we lost before we even stepped on the field. I might be a bitter attitude but to me it seems like a real attitude. The Rangers kicked our butts, plain and simple. From pitching to their timely hitting. Hamilton and Andrus are the MVP's of the series for the Rangers, they tortured the Yankees from the jump.

Don't be surprised if Pettitte, Posada and a couple others retire, this was an awful way to go out but it just seems like their time is done.

I guess it's on the the off season thread....

Well done Rangers #claw #antlers

For the sake of baseball, not networks or fans, I hope its the Giants v Rangers in the WS, new teams = new champion...the Phillies are boring. Let the Rangers win the title, they deserve it.

To Team Shrimp aka Team Yankees...it's been a fun ride... *salute* I'm outtie

Just went through the 20 or so pages I missed last night.

Right off the bat, when Andrus made that jumping catch I had a bad feeling about the game. The early lead didn't help and the way we got the run back, just didn't instill confidence. I was hopping around from my friends crib to a bar back to a house party to watch the game and it just was never a point where I felt we would win. Colby Lewis shut us down something fierce, no excuses. The bats were in a coma all series and there is 0 anyone can say about that. It's 100% the fault of the bats for NEVER getting a hit when we needed it the most. The pitching wasn't good either but with the caliber of hitting we are "suppose" to have on this team it should have been good enough.

After the game me n a few of my boys tried to rationalize it and for whatever reason, could have been the alcohol but we all said that it just doesn't hurt that bad to lose this year. I don't know maybe it's because we were spanked the entire series but this year felt like we lost before we even stepped on the field. I might be a bitter attitude but to me it seems like a real attitude. The Rangers kicked our butts, plain and simple. From pitching to their timely hitting. Hamilton and Andrus are the MVP's of the series for the Rangers, they tortured the Yankees from the jump.

Don't be surprised if Pettitte, Posada and a couple others retire, this was an awful way to go out but it just seems like their time is done.

I guess it's on the the off season thread....

Well done Rangers #claw #antlers

For the sake of baseball, not networks or fans, I hope its the Giants v Rangers in the WS, new teams = new champion...the Phillies are boring. Let the Rangers win the title, they deserve it.

To Team Shrimp aka Team Yankees...it's been a fun ride... *salute* I'm outtie

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

well damn, congrats to the rangers and their fans. helluva series from y'all. all heart. bars were outta control as soon arod went down looking. i had to drive tonight so i couldn't get too crazy but whatever.

the comments about, "oh we'll sign lee, crawford, and werth for next season" are all too true, and it sucks. but what can you do, no cap, so it's allowed. can't #%#%* and moan about it.
good to see most of the yanks fans taking this relatively well too. props to y'all as well. getting to the ALCS is no joke.

onewearz, pro, bk, htttb, jordan, and company...best believe we'll (me AIF and JD) be all up in your offseason thread making all sorts of noise. as cool as AIF and JD are, we get bored in our thread for 3
laugh.gif
Pretty much sums up how I feel. Bars were a little more pissed over here in CT. A lot of Yankees fans just gettin absolutely trashed after that double by Vlad. And then The HR by Cruz pretty much pushed everyone over the edge. Had the Red Sox fitted in full effect last night so the arguments got pretty heated at a couple times and I didnt even have to start them. Dudes would just be heated and say some *%!% and we'd go back and forth for a little while. But it was all in fun. No1 gets out of hand. I guess its good that the Yankees got man handled so the fans just kinda accepted it and tip their hats cuz they knew they got outplayed.

But Congrats to the Rangers, and Yankee fans congrats on not taking all this too hard (some of you) cuz you know its all in fun for most of us. See you fellas in the offseason thread. I got the FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU gifs on deck for the inevitable "Crawford signs for 100M per year" and a week later "Lee Signs for 200M per year"

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

well damn, congrats to the rangers and their fans. helluva series from y'all. all heart. bars were outta control as soon arod went down looking. i had to drive tonight so i couldn't get too crazy but whatever.

the comments about, "oh we'll sign lee, crawford, and werth for next season" are all too true, and it sucks. but what can you do, no cap, so it's allowed. can't #%#%* and moan about it.
good to see most of the yanks fans taking this relatively well too. props to y'all as well. getting to the ALCS is no joke.

onewearz, pro, bk, htttb, jordan, and company...best believe we'll (me AIF and JD) be all up in your offseason thread making all sorts of noise. as cool as AIF and JD are, we get bored in our thread for 3
laugh.gif
Pretty much sums up how I feel. Bars were a little more pissed over here in CT. A lot of Yankees fans just gettin absolutely trashed after that double by Vlad. And then The HR by Cruz pretty much pushed everyone over the edge. Had the Red Sox fitted in full effect last night so the arguments got pretty heated at a couple times and I didnt even have to start them. Dudes would just be heated and say some *%!% and we'd go back and forth for a little while. But it was all in fun. No1 gets out of hand. I guess its good that the Yankees got man handled so the fans just kinda accepted it and tip their hats cuz they knew they got outplayed.

But Congrats to the Rangers, and Yankee fans congrats on not taking all this too hard (some of you) cuz you know its all in fun for most of us. See you fellas in the offseason thread. I got the FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU gifs on deck for the inevitable "Crawford signs for 100M per year" and a week later "Lee Signs for 200M per year"

Hopefully the Phils lose. If I can't be happy, I don't some of friends to be either. The bitter Mets fan just took one foot off the ledge. Props to the Rangers.

Hopefully the Phils lose. If I can't be happy, I don't some of friends to be either. The bitter Mets fan just took one foot off the ledge. Props to the Rangers.

I'm guilty of lying to myself since september. Had a feeling we would'nt even make it to the WS but kept trying to convince myself we had a chance, especially after the Min. series.

Oh well, next year.

I'm guilty of lying to myself since september. Had a feeling we would'nt even make it to the WS but kept trying to convince myself we had a chance, especially after the Min. series.

Oh well, next year.

Just gonna bump this, no need for another thread...

Gentleman, I choked back man tears watching these guys finish this thing off last night. I'm unashamed of that. Nolan Ryan and Jon Daniels up there holding off tears, Hammy crying in centerfield before the game was even over... Just a great, great night.
pimp.gif

One of you Yankee fans in here said the Rangers fans in here were making JD, AIF and Deadset tolerable... In honor of that... Here's to you, onewearz.
roll.gif

nqzseq.jpg

See yall dudes again in December. Here's to yall taking an L in that battle, too.
wink.gif

Just gonna bump this, no need for another thread...

Gentleman, I choked back man tears watching these guys finish this thing off last night. I'm unashamed of that. Nolan Ryan and Jon Daniels up there holding off tears, Hammy crying in centerfield before the game was even over... Just a great, great night.
pimp.gif

One of you Yankee fans in here said the Rangers fans in here were making JD, AIF and Deadset tolerable... In honor of that... Here's to you, onewearz.
roll.gif

nqzseq.jpg

See yall dudes again in December. Here's to yall taking an L in that battle, too.
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom