Official ALCS NY Yankees vs. Texas Rangers Thread (Rangers Lead 3-1)

Craig Sager representing his alma mater
pimp.gif

Homie is getting drenched
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by Rudemiester

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

roll.gif
 I feel you son.

Texas was clearly the better team throughout the whole series. I just dont understand the Yankees offense not showing up though..

Sidenote:
30t6p3b.gif
@ them consistently bringing up Washingtons coke usage. Like damnit man, let him enjoy his moment...

Don't forget Hamiltons former ways, that %$%* makes me sick how they constantly bring it up. It's in really bad taste, needless to say i'm so glad I don't have to watch another bull %$%* TBS broadcast again this postseason
You think TBS was bad? Joe Buck and Tim McCarver here we come.

roll.gif
 I feel you son.

Texas was clearly the better team throughout the whole series. I just dont understand the Yankees offense not showing up though..

Sidenote:
30t6p3b.gif
@ them consistently bringing up Washingtons coke usage. Like damnit man, let him enjoy his moment...

Don't forget Hamiltons former ways, that %$%* makes me sick how they constantly bring it up. It's in really bad taste, needless to say i'm so glad I don't have to watch another bull %$%* TBS broadcast again this postseason

Conragts to the the Rangers and their fans. Im am shocked. Ive been going to their games with my Dad since back in the day in old Rangers Stadium.

Conragts to the the Rangers and their fans. Im am shocked. Ive been going to their games with my Dad since back in the day in old Rangers Stadium.

Crazy that the Rangers are going to the Series. Every once in a while baseball CAN surprise me....

Crazy that the Rangers are going to the Series. Every once in a while baseball CAN surprise me....

Doubt anyone noticed but I avoided all Yankee postseason threads until they either won the whole thing or were eliminated so here I am.
frown.gif

Congrats to the Rangers and nowitness + the rest of the boys on here. Even with the Game 1 debacle (love it how people said it was over after one game
eyes.gif
laugh.gif
), they beat the Yankees because they were the better team. There were a lot of foolish predictions and dumb !@+$ being said in here before it began. I don't know how closely some of y'all followed teams around baseball but this wasn't a case of the Rangers playing their hearts out...they pretty much did the same !@+$ they were doing towards the end of the regular season.

Even if we reached the World Series...we weren't beating the Phillies nor the Giants. A lot of the same faces but the team was not as good as last year...
Originally Posted by briannnnn

They were cold throughout much of September and that just carried into October.

Baseball teams are streaky...Rangers got hot at the right time and the Yankees got cold at the worst possible time.
Yup.
Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

I don't see how you Yankee fans are so gracious in defeat. You know that EVERY baseball fan on NT is going to rag on you guys for losing to a team that was "bankrupt" [what non-educated Rangers fans (didn't know they existed) will say].
You know how it is with us bro. Dudes will come out the woodwork to pile on us but that's to be expected when you root for this team. But the one time we win in the last decade, it's *****ing and moaning about salary caps and all that other !@+$...
grin.gif

Was Cashman just rockin' a Spring Training hat? I find that hilarious.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Doubt anyone noticed but I avoided all Yankee postseason threads until they either won the whole thing or were eliminated so here I am.
frown.gif

Congrats to the Rangers and nowitness + the rest of the boys on here. Even with the Game 1 debacle (love it how people said it was over after one game
eyes.gif
laugh.gif
), they beat the Yankees because they were the better team. There were a lot of foolish predictions and dumb !@+$ being said in here before it began. I don't know how closely some of y'all followed teams around baseball but this wasn't a case of the Rangers playing their hearts out...they pretty much did the same !@+$ they were doing towards the end of the regular season.

Even if we reached the World Series...we weren't beating the Phillies nor the Giants. A lot of the same faces but the team was not as good as last year...
Originally Posted by briannnnn

They were cold throughout much of September and that just carried into October.

Baseball teams are streaky...Rangers got hot at the right time and the Yankees got cold at the worst possible time.
Yup.
Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

I don't see how you Yankee fans are so gracious in defeat. You know that EVERY baseball fan on NT is going to rag on you guys for losing to a team that was "bankrupt" [what non-educated Rangers fans (didn't know they existed) will say].
You know how it is with us bro. Dudes will come out the woodwork to pile on us but that's to be expected when you root for this team. But the one time we win in the last decade, it's *****ing and moaning about salary caps and all that other !@+$...
grin.gif

Was Cashman just rockin' a Spring Training hat? I find that hilarious.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dmxfury

What do you mean? As much as I dislike baseball I try to watch MLB playoffs every year because they are generally amongst the most exciting and unpredictable. There have been plenty of surprises in the MLB playoffs over the past decade.

And once again, the "Yankees buy championships" myth is dispelled. They won a bunch of titles several years ago largely thanks to their home grown talent. Since then they've spent a ton of money and only have 1 title to show for it. Despite the significant payroll gaps that are found in MLB, you can still compete if you have a competent front office with an eye for talent. The A's, Marlins, Rays, Twins, etc have proven to us you can be serious title contenders with average payrolls. I think the phrase should be changed to "Yankees buy playoff appearances".

What do you mean? As much as I dislike baseball I try to watch MLB playoffs every year because they are generally amongst the most exciting and unpredictable. There have been plenty of surprises in the MLB playoffs over the past decade.

And once again, the "Yankees buy championships" myth is dispelled. They won a bunch of titles several years ago largely thanks to their home grown talent. Since then they've spent a ton of money and only have 1 title to show for it. Despite the significant payroll gaps that are found in MLB, you can still compete if you have a competent front office with an eye for talent. The A's, Marlins, Rays, Twins, etc have proven to us you can be serious title contenders with average payrolls. I think the phrase should be changed to "Yankees buy playoff appearances".

roll.gif
 I feel you son.

Sidenote:
30t6p3b.gif

I'd much rather listen to Buck and McCarver, the more educated, lesser of two evils.

They don't being up Hamilton and Washingtons past wrongdoings every single *$@%%$% opportunity, they mostly leave the commenting to the on-field action.

roll.gif
 I feel you son.

Sidenote:
30t6p3b.gif

I'd much rather listen to Buck and McCarver, the more educated, lesser of two evils.

They don't being up Hamilton and Washingtons past wrongdoings every single *$@%%$% opportunity, they mostly leave the commenting to the on-field action.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

the "Yankees buy championships" myth isn't despelled.

The myth should go the "Yankees attempt to buy championships"

While they don't always succeed the money definitely gets them to the dance on a far more consistent basis than most MLB teams

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

the "Yankees buy championships" myth isn't despelled.

The myth should go the "Yankees attempt to buy championships"

While they don't always succeed the money definitely gets them to the dance on a far more consistent basis than most MLB teams

well damn, congrats to the rangers and their fans. helluva series from y'all. all heart. bars were outta control as soon arod went down looking. i had to drive tonight so i couldn't get too crazy but whatever.

the comments about, "oh we'll sign lee, crawford, and werth for next season" are all too true, and it sucks. but what can you do, no cap, so it's allowed. can't #%#%* and moan about it.
good to see most of the yanks fans taking this relatively well too. props to y'all as well. getting to the ALCS is no joke.

onewearz, pro, bk, htttb, jordan, and company...best believe we'll (me AIF and JD) be all up in your offseason thread making all sorts of noise. as cool as AIF and JD are, we get bored in our thread for 3
laugh.gif

well damn, congrats to the rangers and their fans. helluva series from y'all. all heart. bars were outta control as soon arod went down looking. i had to drive tonight so i couldn't get too crazy but whatever.

the comments about, "oh we'll sign lee, crawford, and werth for next season" are all too true, and it sucks. but what can you do, no cap, so it's allowed. can't #%#%* and moan about it.
good to see most of the yanks fans taking this relatively well too. props to y'all as well. getting to the ALCS is no joke.

onewearz, pro, bk, htttb, jordan, and company...best believe we'll (me AIF and JD) be all up in your offseason thread making all sorts of noise. as cool as AIF and JD are, we get bored in our thread for 3
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by moundraised23

Jus glad the yankees lost

That is all

Yea man, its not the Yankees have 27 world championships or anything. Who the hell do they think they are
eyes.gif

Real talk tho, Im going to be depressed till spring. Congrats tho, the rangers have been working hard this year
tired.gif

Originally Posted by moundraised23

Jus glad the yankees lost

That is all

Yea man, its not the Yankees have 27 world championships or anything. Who the hell do they think they are
eyes.gif

Real talk tho, Im going to be depressed till spring. Congrats tho, the rangers have been working hard this year
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom