Official Alien(s) Franchise Tread. Alien: Romulus 8/16/24

Saw it last week but couldn't post since yuku went to hell 
laugh.gif
.  I liked the movie and will definitely watch a sequel.  I want to see where they're trying to take us with this story.  Not sure what was going on with the first scene of the movie.  David was an odd character.  That crazy scene with Noomi was 
eek.gif
.  Her body still looking tight 
devil.gif
.  Dr. Holloway looks like Tom Hardy without the muscles.  I forgot how many crew members it said there were on the ship, but it seemed like there were actually half a dozen more on it.

Originally Posted by shogun

Saw it last week but couldn't post since yuku went to hell 
laugh.gif
.  I liked the movie and will definitely watch a sequel.  I want to see where they're trying to take us with this story.  Not sure what was going on with the first scene of the movie.  David was an odd character.  That crazy scene with Noomi was 
eek.gif
.  Her body still looking tight 
devil.gif
.  Dr. Holloway looks like Tom Hardy without the muscles.  I forgot how many crew members it said there were on the ship, but it seemed like there were actually half a dozen more on it.
I think it said 17 or something ending in 7. And yea I thought slim looked like Tom Hardy then I saw this guy in the trailer 
scaled.php

And thought Christian Bale lost all that weight again

^
Yeah, it was 17.  Then it seemed like 6 more people showed up midway through the movie, all of them being the guy's medical staff.  You would think that dude is tough with the stupid haircut and face/head tattoos but he's a vagina.  He looks like someone they recruited from a prison.

I agree with whoever said the character development was bad because there basically wasn't any.  They waited a long time to make this movie, they could've atleast made sure the characters were better.

Originally Posted by Uptempo kid

I think it said 17 or something ending in 7. And yea I thought slim looked like Tom Hardy then I saw this guy in the trailer 
scaled.php

And thought Christian Bale lost all that weight again

Lol. I sort of see the resemblance. This guy plays Micheletto in The Borgias. Great show 
smokin.gif

borgias15-2.jpg

Seen it, thought it was nice...some of the scenes were crazy as hell...and i jumped at one of the scenes (haven't done that in a while)

i got a stupid question though, why was the *engineer sleeping that whole time? Was he waiting for somebody to wake him up to go to Earth? if they were all being killed left and right, why'd they let that last engineer survive?

Doesnt really have to do anything with the movie itself but did anyone catch the Life of Pi in the previews? I was high as hell and couldnt have been more confused. Then all of a sudden im a fish swimming faster than hell jumping out the water. It was weird but awesome I could have watched the preview for an hour. Still have no idea what that movie could be about but im seeing it.

Had sooooo many question when I was coming out of the theatre , pretty sure this relates to the Alien franchise

Originally Posted by ss3walkman

Originally Posted by trublu86

Horrible origin movie IMO

Origins of what?  The Aliens or humans?  If humans, yes.

Horrible origin movie as in Prometheus is the origin movie to Aliens. As a die hard movie goer this movie AS AN ORIGIN could have been better. Most alien fans like myself are disappointed
I wasn't very disappointed.  According to the Prometheus, the aliens where a biological weapon created by the Engineers that backfired.  They where meant to kill humans and where stopped.  In Alien, they revisit the planet and the aliens, of course, evoled into what they are now (Alien Anthology).  It's not really a true origins movie.

Origins of what?  The Aliens or humans?  If humans, yes.

Horrible origin movie as in Prometheus is the origin movie to Aliens. As a die hard movie goer this movie AS AN ORIGIN could have been better. Most alien fans like myself are disappointed
I wasn't very disappointed.  According to the Prometheus, the aliens where a biological weapon created by the Engineers that backfired.  They where meant to kill humans and where stopped.  In Alien, they revisit the planet and the aliens, of course, evoled into what they are now (Alien Anthology).  It's not really a true origins movie.
*were

Devildog, do you look like Thor or comic book guy?? It has to be one or the other.

I can't wait to hear the reason the Engineers wanted to wipe out humans.  The Engineer was in stasis for a few thousand years.  During the time they wanted to go to Earth and purge the humans it was around the year 100.  What was going on around that time that they didn't like?

Jesus Christ was supposedly let an engineer sent by the engineers to try and stop the bloodshed/sin on Earth. And they crucified him. So, since that plan didn't work for the engineers, they were planning a mass assault and destruction of the planet.

Originally Posted by DEpast

Jesus Christ was supposedly let an engineer sent by the engineers to try and stop the bloodshed/sin on Earth. And they crucified him. So, since that plan didn't work for the engineers, they were planning a mass assault and destruction of the planet.
I saw in the link provided a few pages ago that JC was mentioned.  Was this mentioned in the movie?  Not sure I want to watch alien movies with Jesus in it 
ohwell.gif

ATLsFinest wrote:

good video walkthrough of the film. Explained alot for me

Finally watched the movie last night, and
eek.gif
 i loved it. Ridley scott is a genious; the movie isreal-life, like this stuff can really be out there. He was right about the movie not being a direct prequel to the Alien franchise, but is intertwind around the same universe.What helped me understand the movie was topretend that the Alien franchise was a spinofffrom Prometheus (which kinda is since the movie is focused on our creators, the aliens are just part of it and not the whole thing). That's the mistake that people make before watching the movie they thinkPrometheus is a direct prequel to the Alien series, and they get all confusedabout theengineers and upset. If they would only watch this movie and the video above, you're mind will be blowned
eek.gif

No movie has polarized audiences this year as much as Ridley Scott's Prometheus. The highly anticipated quasi Alien prequel finally hit theaters this June & while being visually stunning left audiences with more questions than answers. Prometheus arrives on DVD/ Blu-ray this October & today we have details of the extensive deleted material [40 mins worth] which will turn up on the disc. Compiling the running time of all 14 deleted scenes that was cut from the theatrical release. In addition there will be a Director's Cut included on the disc which could add even more additional material.
Of course it is.

No movie has polarized audiences this year as much as Ridley Scott's Prometheus. The highly anticipated quasi Alien prequel finally hit theaters this June & while being visually stunning left audiences with more questions than answers. Prometheus arrives on DVD/ Blu-ray this October & today we have details of the extensive deleted material [40 mins worth] which will turn up on the disc. Compiling the running time of all 14 deleted scenes that was cut from the theatrical release. In addition there will be a Director's Cut included on the disc which could add even more additional material.
Of course it is.
Guess I'll be checking out the DVD.  Although 40 minutes seems short for the amount of detail the movie was lacking.

Side note: I'm not as excited for the sequel as I was for Prometheus.  They left way too much out of this movie, I can already see the sequel starting with a random, unexplained scene and then Noomi on the native planet of the Engineers or wherever they were going...

Finally saw it.

Quick question, what did the engineer take in the beginning that killed him?

Back
Top Bottom