Official Alien(s) Franchise Tread. Alien: Romulus 8/16/24

Saw the movie again.

When I first saw it, I thought it was visually beautiful but was awful as far as being a movie goes. This movie does not hold up with time at all. The story is just so bad.

:wow:eek:wow:eek:wow:eek:wow:eek:wow:

^What language was he speaking? Or is it unknown?

When I heard David speak back to him, I thought it was latin. here's what I found.

http://www.prometheus-movie.com/community/forums/topic/8525

The Engineers’ language is based on Dr. Biltoo's own version of reconstructed Proto-Indo-European.

It was supplied by Dr. Anil Biltoo of SOAS at the University of London. Dr. Biltoo was hired by Ridley Scott to design the Engineers’ language, teach it to the actors who learned it, and appear on screen as David's language instructor. If you've seen the film, you know what he looks and sounds like. That's also him teaching David while the rest of the crew is still in hibernation.

In the fictional context of the movie, it is assumed that over 5,000 years ago contact between the Engineers and humans exposed us to this mother language whose human "daughters" are now spoken by roughly 3 billion humans. Because of this fictional "real link" in human past to the Engineers and their language within the logic of the storytelling, David is able to communicate with them. One of David's features is that he knows all forms of human communication.

Some of the words in "Engineer," as it was apparently commonly called during the production, actually have a recognizable connection to modern English. You'll likely recognize «hmanâm» as "human" or simply "man." The verb at the end. «kredah» ("he believes"), has echoes in English "creed," which is a "set of beliefs."

I watched it this past weekend....I loved it.

Now I really need to know why the engineers wanted to wipe us out.

gunna cop the bluray

i havent seen any of the previous alien moveis what is the best way to watch them?

gunna cop the bluray
i havent seen any of the previous alien moveis what is the best way to watch them?

Prometheus was incredible. I saw it twice in theaters and will DEF cop the bluray.

I've watched every Alien multiple times. You don't necessarily have to watch the previous Alien movies, but it helps to understand some things about Prometheus a little better.

You should do yourself a favor and watch all 4 alien movies in order though.

Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, Alien: Resurrection.

People hate Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection but I loved them, I'm a sequel fanboy though. David Fincher directed Alien 3 and Joss Weadon wrote the script for Alien 4.

The whole Jesus Christ thing is kind of silly. I don't think that was why they were trying to destroy earth. I think it has to do with us not being the clones that the engineers wanted. I also think there may be "good" engineers and "bad" engineers.

I can't help but feel a little sorry for those that didn't at least see the first Alien before Prometheus. The mystery behind that big *** alien in the chair when they explore the ship made Prometheus that much more fulfilling. Finally getting to see the engineers after years of wondering. :pimp:

finally saw this on a plane. need to watch it again on a real screen.

Story was just ok though

I can't help but feel a little sorry for those that didn't at least see the first Alien before Prometheus. The mystery behind that big *** alien in the chair when they explore the ship made Prometheus that much more fulfilling. Finally getting to see the engineers after years of wondering. :pimp:

This. But Prometheus can stand on its own though if someone just happened to stumble on it.

Alien is one of my favorite movies. Prob top 5 or so.

On the same token there are a good amount of Alien fans that just didn't like this movie. I didn't understand why. Was it because they left it open for the sequel or just the whole Engineers in general? Ridley Scott said himself he was shocked no one ever went back to the Engineer story for sequels.

I'm just stoked that this movie was able to make really nice cash and the sequel got greenlit. If a sequel never happened I'd be furious. I do need to see what happens on the Engineers planet.

I also really want to see the Engineers relationship with the Alien (xenomorph). It was the focal point of their artwork on the wall. What happened???

As far as the blu-ray I'm stoked for the 40 minutes but I really want it for the zoom in capablities of it. I can see perfect shots of the paintings and sets that add so much more to the story for me.

Last edited:
How would a sequel lead off though?...would it be a rescue mission, being that it was just one survivor and David left at the end?...do they go looking for her?...also if that's the case, when they first arrive at the planet, how in the hell will they deal with that Alien left there.

How would a sequel lead off though?...would it be a rescue mission, being that it was just one survivor and David left at the end?...do they go looking for her?...also if that's the case, when they first arrive at the planet, how in the hell will they deal with that Alien left there.

I believe they will send a crew looking for her. That alien will probably be going after her & david as they go looking for a ship.

On the same token there are a good amount of Alien fans that just didn't like this movie. I didn't understand why. Was it because they left it open for the sequel or just the whole Engineers in general? Ridley Scott said himself he was shocked no one ever went back to the Engineer story for sequels.

I'm just stoked that this movie was able to make really nice cash and the sequel got greenlit. If a sequel never happened I'd be furious. I do need to see what happens on the Engineers planet.

I also really want to see the Engineers relationship with the Alien (xenomorph). It was the focal point of their artwork on the wall. What happened???

I think a lot of Alien fans were disappointed with the lack of Aliens in the film. It's clear this isn't an 'Alien' film in the general sense. It's a flim about the engineers...about the origins of us and possibly the Aliens. Once you realize this, then you're much more likely to appreciate it. I'd be EXTREMELY disappointed if a sequel wasn't made...so many questions left unanswered.

Last edited:
The whole Jesus Christ thing is kind of silly. I don't think that was why they were trying to destroy earth. I think it has to do with us not being the clones that the engineers wanted. I also think there may be "good" engineers and "bad" engineers.

THIS. I can totally see the sequel showing us the "good" engineers helping Elizabeth and David against the "bad" engineers.

I too saw this movie twice in theatres and CAN'T wait for the blu ray release

THIS. I can totally see the sequel showing us the "good" engineers helping Elizabeth and David against the "bad" engineers.
I too saw this movie twice in theatres and CAN'T wait for the blu ray release

Eh, i'll ask anyways. Seeing as how the bad engineers created the aliens, could the good ones (assuming that there are) have created something to fight hem aliens off?

I wana say predators but i dont think its them.

Last edited:
Eh, i'll ask anyways. Seeing as how the bad engineers created the aliens, could the good ones (assuming that there are) have created something to fight hem aliens off?
I wanba aay predators but i dont think its them.

if they dare introduce this idea, it'll completely ruin the whole movie, leave predators out of it....the only reason predators vs aliens was introduced was as a gimmick to make money and it sucked balls, let that movie burn in film hell.

if they dare introduce this idea, it'll completely ruin the whole movie, leave predators out of it....the only reason predators vs aliens was introduced was as a gimmick to make money and it sucked balls, let that movie burn in film hell.

You probably right, just threw a name out there.

Back
Top Bottom