Official Alien(s) Franchise Tread. Alien: Romulus 8/16/24

if they dare introduce this idea, it'll completely ruin the whole movie, leave predators out of it....the only reason predators vs aliens was introduced was as a gimmick to make money and it sucked balls, let that movie burn in film hell.
I hope to god that doesn't happen.

How would a sequel lead off though?...would it be a rescue mission, being that it was just one survivor and David left at the end?...do they go looking for her?...also if that's the case, when they first arrive at the planet, how in the hell will they deal with that Alien left there.

Well David said he knows how to get to the Engineers planet so what I THINK will happen......

-They open with David and Shaw on the Engineers' ship figuring out how to get to the planet. Possibly the new xenomorph somehow gets into their ship while it was leaving the planet and we get an original Alien esque type series of events. They eventually kill the xenomorph (or deacon) and make their way to the Engineers' planet where the true Prometheus sequel starts....

From there I'm sure the Xenomorph's legacy will be apart of the Engineer story.

Also other questions to consider.....

Why was the distress signal sent in the original Alien? Weyland or "mother" knew of it, who sent it? The Engineers? A new crew from a Prometheus sequel?

Ridley Scott has a **** load of avenues he can travel. It can easily see it being two sequels if Fox gives him the greenlight while starting the first sequel.

FYI, do not get the Itunes version of this film as it is the theatrical cut. From what I understand, the extended/director's cut of the film will have around 20-30 minutes of extra footage and will be on the blu-ray disc only.

Also other questions to consider.....
Why was the distress signal sent in the original Alien? Weyland or "mother" knew of it, who sent it? The Engineers? A new crew from a Prometheus sequel?
Ridley Scott has a **** load of avenues he can travel. It can easily see it being two sequels if Fox gives him the greenlight while starting the first sequel.

and i wouldn't be mad at all, this film is a classic IMO

probably top 5 of the last 5 years.

I think a lot of Alien fans were disappointed with the lack of Aliens in the film. It's clear this isn't an 'Alien' film in the general sense. It's a flim about the engineers...about the origins of us and possibly the Aliens. Once you realize this, then you're much more likely to appreciate it. I'd be EXTREMELY disappointed if a sequel wasn't made...so many questions left unanswered.

I guess a lot of the Alien fans that went to see this were big Alien "movie" fans, but not big Alien "universe" fans. I can see that. Ridley from the get go said this will have Alien DNA. Not a prequel but it relates to Alien and will eventually tie into Alien. It was meant to have sequels from its original inception.

They made over 300 million on this though so thankfully it got greenlit pretty quickly. My only concern is Ridley being tied up with too many projects to fully commit to it as he did Prometheus.

And Alien/Prometheus is Ridley Scott's baby. No way will he taint his universe with Predators :tongue:

Well David said he knows how to get to the Engineers planet so what I THINK will happen......
-They open with David and Shaw on the Engineers' ship figuring out how to get to the planet. Possibly the new xenomorph somehow gets into their ship while it was leaving the planet and we get an original Alien esque type series of events. They eventually kill the xenomorph (or deacon) and make their way to the Engineers' planet where the true Prometheus sequel starts....
From there I'm sure the Xenomorph's legacy will be apart of the Engineer story
So you're saying the Xenomorphs will wipe out the Engineers planet. I always assumed the Engineers were an extinct race or something. LV-246 Engineeer perhaps was a escape pod from Engineer Planet, crash landed due to an alien/s infestation (1st Alien).

Can we assume that the Engineers also created the Predator race?

Saw this on: http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Engineer

"The principal theory of their connection to the Xenomorphs, which was mentioned briefly by Ridley Scott in his director's commentary for the first Alien DVD, is that the Engineer ship in Alien was a "bomber" and that they used them as biogenic weapons to fight an ancient war against an unknown foe."

I Wonder who this foe is?

So you're saying the Xenomorphs will wipe out the Engineers planet. I always assumed the Engineers were an extinct race or something. LV-246 Engineeer perhaps was a escape pod from Engineer Planet, crash landed due to an alien/s infestation (1st Alien).

Can we assume that the Engineers also created the Predator race?

No because Predators don't exist in Ridley Scott's Alien universe. But in "theory" possibly? :tongue:

Possibly on the Engineers on the escape pod because the xenomorph wiped out their planet. I think the Engineers were using the Xenomorph in some kind of biochemical warefare though that went haywire.

Like I said the Engineers clearly have a history with the Xenomorph or they wouldn't have put the whole Xenomorph birth cycle in their paintings.

The black ooze is not the eggs we saw and we still don't have a clear explanation on what it is. It breaks down the body to fertilize the habitat but how does this co-mingle with the Xenomorph egg?

If the Xenomorph wiped out the Engineers planet why were the Engineers trying to destroy us with the Xenomorph? The Engineers main goal is very clear. As soon as he has the chance he gets right back into the drivers seat to crash into Earth.

Last edited:
Saw this on: http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Engineer

"The principal theory of their connection to the Xenomorphs, which was mentioned briefly by Ridley Scott in his director's commentary for the first Alien DVD, is that the Engineer ship in Alien was a "bomber" and that they used them as biogenic weapons to fight an ancient war against an unknown foe."

I Wonder who this foe is?

The foe would have to be on earth already.

This is what Charlie Holloway could have looked like after being infected, but was not used.

URL]

URL]

I think a lot of Alien fans were disappointed with the lack of Aliens in the film. It's clear this isn't an 'Alien' film in the general sense. It's a flim about the engineers...about the origins of us and possibly the Aliens. Once you realize this, then you're much more likely to appreciate it. I'd be EXTREMELY disappointed if a sequel wasn't made...so many questions left unanswered.

I guess a lot of the Alien fans that went to see this were big Alien "movie" fans, but not big Alien "universe" fans. I can see that. Ridley from the get go said this will have Alien DNA. Not a prequel but it relates to Alien and will eventually tie into Alien. It was meant to have sequels from its original inception.

They made over 300 million on this though so thankfully it got greenlit pretty quickly. My only concern is Ridley being tied up with too many projects to fully commit to it as he did Prometheus.

I couldn't have put it better myself, I think that's definitely the case for a lot of people. Also, I'm sure over the years people developed their own theories and imaginings of what that alien (engineer) was. So when they saw Prometheus the engineer might not have been what they expected and that could've been disappointing.

Yeah, from what I understand he's doing a new Blad Runner so that could cut into his time. He's not getting any younger either....here's hoping.

I can't help but feel a little sorry for those that didn't at least see the first Alien before Prometheus. The mystery behind that big *** alien in the chair when they explore the ship made Prometheus that much more fulfilling. Finally getting to see the engineers after years of wondering. :pimp:

There's no direct connection from Prometheus to Alien, other than we now know what type of creature occupies that type of pilot's chair. Prometheus took place on a different planet than where the derelict space ship was found in Alien. I agree, it's nice to know who occupies the chair, the next step is to find out how one of those crashed on LV-426, and why the Nostromo crew happened to "stumble" upon it (the distress/warning signal).

There's no direct connection from Prometheus to Alien, other than we now know what type of creature occupies that type of pilot's chair. Prometheus took place on a different planet than where the derelict space ship was found in Alien. I agree, it's nice to know who occupies the chair, the next step is to find out how one of those crashed on LV-426, and why the Nostromo crew happened to "stumble" upon it (the distress/warning signal).

After just watching Aliens in a loooong time, here is my theory, perhaps te ship the Nostromos crew found was the first fleet that took off to earth ad obviously failed because it's cargo went haywire and killed the Engineers before it reached earth crash landing on that planet....the distress signal was for the second fleet that never got off the ground, the one from Prometheous....idk...

Is actUally cool to see the OG after watching Prometheous....you get to see the ship, the engineer, why David is a robot and what his/their role has always been.

Anyone find it weird that Weyland is called "father" by David, but his daughter is called "mother" by David.

Kinda weird there.

And did Charlize really die? That was probably the worst scene in the movie, but if she didn't die it makes sense. There is a "mother" in Alien, it could just be named after her though.

Anyone find it weird that Weyland is called "father" by David, but his daughter is called "mother" by David.
Kinda weird there.
And did Charlize really die? That was probably the worst scene in the movie, but if she didn't die it makes sense. There is a "mother" in Alien, it could just be named after her though.

:stoneface:

Come on son she got trampled by a damn spacheship

haha. but we didn't actually SEE it. All you saw was the spaceship roll over. The whole time I'm thinking, MOVE TO THE DAMN RIGHT OR LEFT IDIOT!!!

I mean Ridley HAD to have this thought as well. Thats why I think she may be still alive, only because the death scene was so corny. She MAY have moved to the left or right at the last second.

Oh and Stringer Bell getting some Christmas yams... "I gotta ask... are you a robot??" "Meet me in my room in 10 minutes.." :smokin

Back
Top Bottom