Official Alien(s) Franchise Tread. Alien: Romulus 8/16/24

haha. but we didn't actually SEE it. All you saw was the spaceship roll over. The whole time I'm thinking, MOVE TO THE DAMN RIGHT OR LEFT IDIOT!

:lol: same here. Maybe if I keep running straight it'll just, I don't know, roll over me. Oh no, I fell...I'll just lay here and scream. Something you'd see in an old monster flick. So many other ways to die...maybe he did have a plan.

laugh.gif
same here. Maybe if I keep running straight it'll just, I don't know, roll over me. Oh no, I fell...I'll just lay here and scream. Something you'd see in an old monster flick. So many other ways to die...maybe he did have a plan.
maybe she survived, got on the ship and the xenomorph got her while she got in the engineers chair right when she was sending signals back to weyland to rescue her. that explains the burst chest in Alien........

im reaching

maybe she survived, got on the ship and the xenomorph got her while she got in the engineers chair right when she was sending signals back to weyland to rescue her. that explains the burst chest in Alien........

im reaching

Prometheus took place on LV-223, not LV-426 though.

FYI, do not get the Itunes version of this film as it is the theatrical cut. From what I understand, the extended/director's cut of the film will have around 20-30 minutes of extra footage and will be on the blu-ray disc only.
Good thing I checked this thread before buying it on itunes
pimp.gif
.  So the alternate/deleted scenes on itunes aren't the 20-30 minute director's cut? 
nerd.gif

Prometheus took place on LV-223, not LV-426 though.
u right. crazy how that was a moon and not even an actual planet. why would they put a map to a burial place and not the actual home planet? what were they trying to invite us too? or was the inventatin even meant for us?

Last edited:
Anyone find it weird that Weyland is called "father" by David, but his daughter is called "mother" by David.
Kinda weird there.
And did Charlize really die? That was probably the worst scene in the movie, but if she didn't die it makes sense. There is a "mother" in Alien, it could just be named after her though.
When does he call her mother? I think you're referring to when he calls her "ma'am" in an english accent which makes it sound like "mom".

And yeah, I got the Blu-Ray around a week ago and isn't a directors cut or extended version or anything like that. The alternate beginning (which is only like 1% different)/ending and deleted scenes are part of the special features, not spliced into the actual movie. Nothing too special, I was disappointed when I watched them.

Last edited:
When does he call her mother? I think you're referring to when he calls her "ma'am" in an english accent which makes it sound like "mom".
And yeah, I got the Blu-Ray around a week ago and isn't a directors cut or extended version or anything like that. The alternate beginning (which is only like 1% different)/ending and deleted scenes are part of the special features, not spliced into the actual movie. Nothing too special, I was disappointed when I watched them.

I'm sure thats what I'm thinking. I prob just heard MUM and put two and two together.

Can't wait for bluray tomorrow.

Picked up the Blu Ray on Wed. Any BJ's members they have a 10 dollar coupon for any blu ray this month. Copped the deluxe for $15 bucks.

Heard that documentary is like 4 hours. Gotta take a day off work for that one and have a Prometheus day.

^
That's a really good deal. Too bad i'm not a member. I'll have to see if Costco has any deals like that or a lower price.

^
They didn't? I've seen some reviews that said they did. Damon Lindelof better go into hiding since it seems people are still mad at him for the script. I think we're all tired of his bs.

So is there an actual directors cut on the BD, or are all the "answers" in the deleted scenes/alternate ending?

^
That's a really good deal. Too bad i'm not a member. I'll have to see if Costco has any deals like that or a lower price.

BJ's is ALWAYS running free trial runs. If you have one close, just sign up for their 60 day pass and get the coupon book. It MAY be on their flier inside the store too.

For what I've read the deleted scenes didn't "answer" questions many were looking for. I'm really an Alien geek so most of the stuff we've talked about on Alien boards since the movie came out. We broke everything down and kinda answered the stuff for ourselves before the "answers" were force fed to us.

The deleted scenes are cool, but I'm more interested in the "making of" documentary which i heard is like 3-4 hours and the two commentaries by Scott and Lindenoff.

I believe Scott and Lindehoff explain stuff better through that rather than the deleted scenes.

^
Dude, I haven't seen your sn in years. Seems like a lot of people came back when we moved over. I remember the Matt Damon comparisons for you in the PYP threads. :lol:

^
Dude, I haven't seen your sn in years. Seems like a lot of people came back when we moved over. I remember the Matt Damon comparisons for you in the PYP threads. :lol:

:lol:

Whats up man? Its more like Fat Damon nowadays though.:smh: Yeah I backed off NT for a few years only checking in here and there. My life was pretty crazy for awhile. Back to "working" at a desk though so I'm always running out of entertainment.

Saw this in theaters and then got the blu-ray. Was watching it with my girl and halfway through she straight up said "I can't watch this anymore." :rofl:

I guess the movie is kind of graphic/gross

Movie still didn't make much sense... lol

^
It only had a few gross parts. The story did leave people wondering wth was going on. It's like they chose to ignore character development and didn't feel like they needed a complete story. I still enjoyed it in the theatres though since I like sci-fi movies and just want decent ones to release.

Back
Top Bottom