Official Apple Media Event Thread: January 27, 2010

wow, if anyone ends up having an iphone, ipad, and a macbook then they deserve to have their wallet stolen.

an ipad is useless.

I mean I have a MBP and love that !$+# to death...

Just got Windows 7 Professional a couple of days ago and so far so good... way better than Vista was...

I also have a iPod Classic...

If this thing succeeds then I will say with a straight face that they have quite a loyal following... of sheeps
laugh.gif

I don't see the point of getting something like this... you would be so much better off with a laptop that can do everything and some... for cheaper... and somewhat around the same size, but maybe a little bigger.

laugh.gif
anyone that is dumb enough to buy the iPad deserves a slap in the face. Complete waste of money if you can afford an iPod touch

Apple got y'all fanboys on cult like status

their products are great but I just don't see ANYTHING special about this, the middle brother to a phone and mac, if you have neither then I can see why you'd want one.

but to all the dudes who will be chilling with their set of 3...SUCKERS
laugh.gif

11:26AM So to recap. [color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]No multitasking[/color]. No word on notifications.

I mean they could of at least included a mic and forward facing camera, try and market it as something you can use to keep in touch on the go with. Skype with something like that would be sick.

In true Apple fashion, this first gen is basically a beta. Depending on what people want most theyll decide when/what is implemented in the new gen. Cant believe they didnt put a camera.

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

laugh.gif
anyone that is dumb enough to buy the iPad deserves a slap in the face. Complete waste of money if you can afford an iPod touch
But it's 4x bigger and has a 3G plan...and just wait until devs get their hands on this thing.
eek.gif

Well worth the money, IMO. I can deal with not having flash (devs will probably work on that as well).

Originally Posted by StillIn729

Originally Posted by proper english

y'all who have an iphone and an imac are sheeps...real talk

grin.gif
 elaborate.. 
what is the point in buying an iPad if you have them both? 

iPad is a glorified eBook.. IMO, it's pretty useful unless 1: you like ready the old fashioned way or 2: you want to read out of your phone or laptop.

Also, i can see this being heavily used by people/families who travel.. word to those portable DVD players..

PS, you've yet to explain this:

Originally Posted by spacej23

apple-creation-0383-rm-eng.jpg

apple-creation-0387-rm-eng.jpg

smokin.gif

That is just dumb. What is the use of making the iPad look like a computer. If you fork over that much money to get one, might as well get a low end Macbook for that price that has it all put together. I don't get who this is geared towards.....on the go users that don't have computers yet?

The pricing, currently, is not awful but not ideal either. $499 for 16gb isn't terrible. The 3G version pricing was predictable. Keyboard dock looks ridiculous. These things should, ideally, be compatible with their wireless keyboards. If Apple gives this thing the ability to multi-task, more functionality such as more robust applications, and the pricing that will inevitably go down, this could be useful. It's already, seemingly, a good e-book reader and multimedia player.

what's the point of this thing though? do we really need to be connected to the internet like this? i mean if you're commuting use your phone or whip out the iPad and get juxed

11:27AM "The iPad is the most advanced piece of tech that I've ever worked on at Apple."

I can think of sooooooooooooooo many other adjectives to replace that one... "Tech" just doesn't seem to fit right... lol

“Because they’ve shipped 75 million iPhones and iPod touches, there’s 75 million people who already know how to use the iPad.

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

I mean they could of at least included a mic and forward facing camera, try and market it as something you can use to keep in touch on the go with. Skype with something like that would be sick.

In true Apple fashion, this first gen is basically a beta. Depending on what people want most theyll decide when/what is implemented in the new gen. Cant believe they didnt put a camera.
Great idea. This would really set this device apart. I could see this in future incarnations of the iPad (although it should have been included in this version)

grin.gif
 elaborate.. 
what is the point in buying an iPad if you have them both? 

iPad is a glorified eBook.. IMO, it's pretty useful unless 1: you like ready the old fashioned way or 2: you want to read out of your phone or laptop.

Also, i can see this being heavily used by people/families who travel.. word to those portable DVD players..

PS, you've yet to explain this:

I think you already did for me

Back
Top Bottom