Official Apple Media Event Thread: September 1, 2010

I'm selling my iPod Touch 2g and paying the difference. I absolutely can't wait to get my hands on this magnificent device.

ipodnanowatch1.jpg

http://www.cultofmac.com/...-pretty-wristwatch/57492

Originally Posted by 81ackMamba

I work for Apple and I probably sell 1 iPod Classic a week.
No offense but most people are not going to the retail store for a Classic. I used to work for them too, people aren't going to go out of there way for something that isn't 'totally' new, something you want to test drive. Most iPod Classics are sold online, trust me.

Originally Posted by 81ackMamba

I work for Apple and I probably sell 1 iPod Classic a week.
No offense but most people are not going to the retail store for a Classic. I used to work for them too, people aren't going to go out of there way for something that isn't 'totally' new, something you want to test drive. Most iPod Classics are sold online, trust me.

Maybe i'll sell my ipod touch 2nd gen for this new 1 ... the evo has things on lock but i still like my ipod

Maybe i'll sell my ipod touch 2nd gen for this new 1 ... the evo has things on lock but i still like my ipod

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

Why do you need Facetime on your iPod?
Because Apple says you do. DUHHHHHH
laugh.gif
  You can't even read a cellphone review without them mentioning facetime and front-facing cameras.  Now I guess it'll be the same for music players now.  People make it sound like a necessity.  If apple has it, then your product should have it too.

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

Why do you need Facetime on your iPod?
Because Apple says you do. DUHHHHHH
laugh.gif
  You can't even read a cellphone review without them mentioning facetime and front-facing cameras.  Now I guess it'll be the same for music players now.  People make it sound like a necessity.  If apple has it, then your product should have it too.

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

RIGHT!!

i want it , but have no use for it. My 3rd gen IPT just sits at home now
frown.gif

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

RIGHT!!

i want it , but have no use for it. My 3rd gen IPT just sits at home now
frown.gif

The iPod Touch's camera is less than one megapixel:

Just when you thought the only differences between the iPhone 4 and the iPod Touch were the size and the phone, a closer look reveals that the Touch actually has a different camera.

Apple’s specifications page for the Touch lists a resolution of 960-by-720 pixels for the rear camera, which is roughly one megapixel. That’s several steps below the 5-megapixel camera seen in the iPhone 4.

Then again, the iPod Touch is about one millimeter thinner than the iPhone 4 (which is significant when it comes to pocketability). Anything bigger than a one-megapixel sensor probably would have been a squeeze, especially when you consider that the Touch includes a front-facing camera, too.

When Apple refreshed its iPod family last year, many expected the iPod Touch to gain a camera and were left disappointed when it didn’t. However, a teardown by iFixIt revealed that was just barely enough room for a camera. iFixIt CEO Kyle Wiens speculated that the feature was omitted due to engineering challenges.

Long story short, the iPod Touch’s camera probably isn’t great, but we’re glad it’s finally here.

The iPod Touch's camera is less than one megapixel:

Just when you thought the only differences between the iPhone 4 and the iPod Touch were the size and the phone, a closer look reveals that the Touch actually has a different camera.

Apple’s specifications page for the Touch lists a resolution of 960-by-720 pixels for the rear camera, which is roughly one megapixel. That’s several steps below the 5-megapixel camera seen in the iPhone 4.

Then again, the iPod Touch is about one millimeter thinner than the iPhone 4 (which is significant when it comes to pocketability). Anything bigger than a one-megapixel sensor probably would have been a squeeze, especially when you consider that the Touch includes a front-facing camera, too.

When Apple refreshed its iPod family last year, many expected the iPod Touch to gain a camera and were left disappointed when it didn’t. However, a teardown by iFixIt revealed that was just barely enough room for a camera. iFixIt CEO Kyle Wiens speculated that the feature was omitted due to engineering challenges.

Long story short, the iPod Touch’s camera probably isn’t great, but we’re glad it’s finally here.

Back
Top Bottom