Official Apple Media Event Thread: September 1, 2010

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

2uonuc4.jpg

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

Originally Posted by bijald0331

It's not even music. There's more and more media I can download on the internet and it's getting easier by the day. I would like to have more that stuff on hand when I'm on the go. I'm talking about past sports games, movies, TV shows, docs, etc. I just want to have the most choices possible. Archos has a 500gb player out.
so buy the archos...

you act like you spend all day watching media thru whatever you own

Maybe I will? What kind of retort is that
laugh.gif

I don't need to spend all day. I don't need to spend an hour. I'm just telling people where this mystical demand comes from. Apple's doing a great job with integration and all that; they missed an opportunity here though. I wish they had a touch with more storage. That would have been great too.

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

Originally Posted by bijald0331

It's not even music. There's more and more media I can download on the internet and it's getting easier by the day. I would like to have more that stuff on hand when I'm on the go. I'm talking about past sports games, movies, TV shows, docs, etc. I just want to have the most choices possible. Archos has a 500gb player out.
so buy the archos...

you act like you spend all day watching media thru whatever you own

Maybe I will? What kind of retort is that
laugh.gif

I don't need to spend all day. I don't need to spend an hour. I'm just telling people where this mystical demand comes from. Apple's doing a great job with integration and all that; they missed an opportunity here though. I wish they had a touch with more storage. That would have been great too.

Originally Posted by yungchamp

i was hoping the new ipod looked like the iphone 4
ohwell.gif
I think it's a smart move on their part to keep the iPhone 4 looking different than their iPod Touch.

Originally Posted by yungchamp

i was hoping the new ipod looked like the iphone 4
ohwell.gif
I think it's a smart move on their part to keep the iPhone 4 looking different than their iPod Touch.

Originally Posted by JUS3

Originally Posted by melofan15

sooo..no 3g on the ipod touch?
umm....why not just get an iphone?

EDIT -

The nano is copped
pimp.gif

gallery-big-01-gen6.jpg

gallery-big-05-gen6.jpg

WOW, might need to get this for the gym, my regular shuffle sucks since you cant add playlists.

Originally Posted by JUS3

Originally Posted by melofan15

sooo..no 3g on the ipod touch?
umm....why not just get an iphone?

EDIT -

The nano is copped
pimp.gif

gallery-big-01-gen6.jpg

gallery-big-05-gen6.jpg

WOW, might need to get this for the gym, my regular shuffle sucks since you cant add playlists.

^ exactly man.  it may not seem like a big deal, but i rather have that nano instead of my iphone for working out/running. 

^ exactly man.  it may not seem like a big deal, but i rather have that nano instead of my iphone for working out/running. 

Ipod Classic isn't going anywhere.

It's not doing as big of numbers as it used too since it's splitting marketshare with the touch, but to think that they're going to completely discontinue it is ******ed. It still serves a purpose, and is the only high volume music storage on the market worth a damn. They're not giving that up unless the touch is meeting the capacity demands of current classic users.

Ipod Classic isn't going anywhere.

It's not doing as big of numbers as it used too since it's splitting marketshare with the touch, but to think that they're going to completely discontinue it is ******ed. It still serves a purpose, and is the only high volume music storage on the market worth a damn. They're not giving that up unless the touch is meeting the capacity demands of current classic users.

im feeling the new ipod touch except they should have offered 16gb instead of 8gb..If its has hd recording, then i dont know how 8gb is going to store all of that
the nanos are a joke, biggest rip off ever, they essentially cut production cost by slicing the nano in half while maintaining sales price. its a shuffle with a screen. for that price you can get an old generation ipod touch
the shuffle is reasonably priced
apple tv...no comment worthless device

itunes 10= more bloatware

im feeling the new ipod touch except they should have offered 16gb instead of 8gb..If its has hd recording, then i dont know how 8gb is going to store all of that
the nanos are a joke, biggest rip off ever, they essentially cut production cost by slicing the nano in half while maintaining sales price. its a shuffle with a screen. for that price you can get an old generation ipod touch
the shuffle is reasonably priced
apple tv...no comment worthless device

itunes 10= more bloatware

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

the Flip cams shoot at 720p too and their biggest size is 8gig

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

the Flip cams shoot at 720p too and their biggest size is 8gig

I work for Apple and I probably sell 1 iPod Classic a week. It would have made no sense for Apple to upgrade the HD, considering Apple is really pushing flash based mobile devices anyway... Let's face it, the average consumer doesn't have more than 160GB of media anyway.

Which brings me to my next point: Flash memory is still relatively expensive, which is why none of the iPod line saw a memory increase this year.

The iPod Nano is a pretty amazing device, I'm just a little perplexed as to why it's not capable of playing video anymore.

I guess Apple truly wants the iPod Touch to be the primary All-In-One device, which makes sense I guess.

I work for Apple and I probably sell 1 iPod Classic a week. It would have made no sense for Apple to upgrade the HD, considering Apple is really pushing flash based mobile devices anyway... Let's face it, the average consumer doesn't have more than 160GB of media anyway.

Which brings me to my next point: Flash memory is still relatively expensive, which is why none of the iPod line saw a memory increase this year.

The iPod Nano is a pretty amazing device, I'm just a little perplexed as to why it's not capable of playing video anymore.

I guess Apple truly wants the iPod Touch to be the primary All-In-One device, which makes sense I guess.

I'm selling my iPod Touch 2g and paying the difference. I absolutely can't wait to get my hands on this magnificent device.

Back
Top Bottom