Official Apple Media Event Thread: September 1, 2010

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

Originally Posted by bijald0331

$99 is a nice price point but with a laptop with an HDMI cable and no morals, I'm fine. *shrugs*
Pretty much.

I've (immorally) downloaded tons of 720p movies & tv shows straight to my..
..iPhone, NB, NAS, PS3.. 
nerd.gif
pimp.gif

but @ $99.. i've found my parents(& sisters, etc) xmas present 
pimp.gif
.. that's a great piece of hardware for the average tech novice (or the anti-pirate 
grin.gif
). 

everyone's complaining like they don't know how apple already operates...

how many gigs did the original ipod have? 15? and now its at what... 160?

how many years did that take? close to nearly being a decade now? based on a HDD? and not Flash memory?

I don't know any flash memory mp3 players with 160gb of storage off the top of my head (if anyone does, post them up cause im actually interested in seeing if there are any)

the current ipod touch has 64gb's of flash memory and the HDD based ipod clasic has 160gb's. technology is shifting from HDD based prodects to flash memory, its a no brainer why the ipod touch is getting more shine and light than the classic.

1. its appeal - the ipod touch has much more consumer appeal than the classic. apple makes much more money off of the touch than it does from the classic at this point. i love the classic, but its obvious that once apple announced the ipod touch the classic has lost its appeal as a "wow" item.

2. its format - HDD players have a much higher rate of having issues. the HDD can die, it can skip, and it can overheat due to the moving parts in it.

3. its usability - ..... come on, its obvious that an ipod touch has a much more to offer as being a media device than the classic. people nowadays want an entire MEDIA device, that can not only play music, but movies, games, surf the web etc etc.

apple is trying to push a newer platform of its product just like it pushed the ipod classic for the last 10 years. now im not defending them for not adding more storage to the classic, because my dream is owning a 500gb classic (but i know this will NEVER happen), but at the same time im not about to sit around angry because they didn't update the ipod classic. they've updated it so much over the past 10 years that maybe, JUST MAYBE, they feel as if they reached the point that they feel like the ipod classic is a completed product.

it would be one thing to get mad if they discontinued the classic... but they didn't... some of you are complaining simply because apple didn't do exactly what you wanted.

and who says you have to replace your classic? that would be a decision YOU make based off of wanting to conform to owning 1 product. i know many people who own multiple ipods for multiple reasons. A classic for use around home holding their entire music collection to play throughout the house on an audio system, a touch to have for out of the house use, and a shuffle for working out.

you wouldn't be in panic if you had a use for each product.

I have an older ipod classic (80gb), iphone4, and ipod touch. i use them for different things.

/long rant

how many years did that take? close to nearly being a decade now? based on a HDD? and not Flash memory?

I don't know any flash memory mp3 players with 160gb of storage off the top of my head (if anyone does, post them up cause im actually interested in seeing if there are any)

the current ipod touch has 64gb's of flash memory and the HDD based ipod clasic has 160gb's. technology is shifting from HDD based prodects to flash memory, its a no brainer why the ipod touch is getting more shine and light than the classic.

1. its appeal - the ipod touch has much more consumer appeal than the classic. apple makes much more money off of the touch than it does from the classic at this point. i love the classic, but its obvious that once apple announced the ipod touch the classic has lost its appeal as a "wow" item.

2. its format - HDD players have a much higher rate of having issues. the HDD can die, it can skip, and it can overheat due to the moving parts in it.

3. its usability - ..... come on, its obvious that an ipod touch has a much more to offer as being a media device than the classic. people nowadays want an entire MEDIA device, that can not only play music, but movies, games, surf the web etc etc.

apple is trying to push a newer platform of its product just like it pushed the ipod classic for the last 10 years. now im not defending them for not adding more storage to the classic, because my dream is owning a 500gb classic (but i know this will NEVER happen), but at the same time im not about to sit around angry because they didn't update the ipod classic. they've updated it so much over the past 10 years that maybe, JUST MAYBE, they feel as if they reached the point that they feel like the ipod classic is a completed product.

it would be one thing to get mad if they discontinued the classic... but they didn't... some of you are complaining simply because apple didn't do exactly what you wanted.

and who says you have to replace your classic? that would be a decision YOU make based off of wanting to conform to owning 1 product. i know many people who own multiple ipods for multiple reasons. A classic for use around home holding their entire music collection to play throughout the house on an audio system, a touch to have for out of the house use, and a shuffle for working out.

I have an older ipod classic (80gb), iphone4, and ipod touch. i use them for different things.

/long rant

I just want to know where this "high demand" for the iPod Classic is coming from. I don't know a soul that uses one anymore since the iPod Touch/iPhone came out. HDD mp3 players are a thing of the past. Plus, why would Apple push a product that doesn't integrate with the rest of it's product line (App Store, iBooks, etc)?

I just want to know where this "high demand" for the iPod Classic is coming from. I don't know a soul that uses one anymore since the iPod Touch/iPhone came out. HDD mp3 players are a thing of the past. Plus, why would Apple push a product that doesn't integrate with the rest of it's product line (App Store, iBooks, etc)?

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Seriously, it's such a joke. It's right there next to the Walkman.
laugh.gif

Seriously, it's such a joke. It's right there next to the Walkman.
laugh.gif

uh......people with more than 60GB's of music?

my only issue with the new players is that they should have bumped  up to 16GB's for $229 or just kep the 8GB at $199
With that being said, i'll either pass or look for a good deal on a 3G

uh......people with more than 60GB's of music?

my only issue with the new players is that they should have bumped  up to 16GB's for $229 or just kep the 8GB at $199
With that being said, i'll either pass or look for a good deal on a 3G

They put a click wheel back onto the shuffle because people were complaining about the lack of one. Then they take the click wheel from the nano. I guess I know what next years nano is going to have. 

They put a click wheel back onto the shuffle because people were complaining about the lack of one. Then they take the click wheel from the nano. I guess I know what next years nano is going to have. 

It's not even music. There's more and more media I can download on the internet and it's getting easier by the day. I would like to have more that stuff on hand when I'm on the go. I'm talking about past sports games, movies, TV shows, docs, etc. I just want to have the most choices possible. Archos has a 500gb player out.

It's not even music. There's more and more media I can download on the internet and it's getting easier by the day. I would like to have more that stuff on hand when I'm on the go. I'm talking about past sports games, movies, TV shows, docs, etc. I just want to have the most choices possible. Archos has a 500gb player out.

Originally Posted by hella handsome

/long rant

You know the Classic is going to get discontinued real soon. It's a no-brainer. It's the fact that soon, the largest size iPod we're gonna have is a 64 gig for $400 as opposed to the current 160 gig Classic for $250 we have now.

Originally Posted by hella handsome

/long rant

You know the Classic is going to get discontinued real soon. It's a no-brainer. It's the fact that soon, the largest size iPod we're gonna have is a 64 gig for $400 as opposed to the current 160 gig Classic for $250 we have now.

so buy the archos...

you act like you spend all day watching media thru whatever you own

so buy the archos...

you act like you spend all day watching media thru whatever you own

Back
Top Bottom