Official AUTHENTIC NBA JERSEY Post - Bringin Back the JERSEY ERA... (Info/Guide = Page 1)

I want to raise (maybe reraise) a discussion for the fellow jersey aficionados.

I feel that the future doesn't bode well for authentic basketball jersey collectors who like to wear jerseys. With the "improved tech" going into authentic jerseys, they are becoming lighter, thinner, tighter, and tougher to wear in a casual setting (even if your like me, diesel body, got the ladies mirin', etc).

This sentiment isn't new, but after seeing the USA Olympic jerseys, and how some people think the model is a glorified wifebeater (like an NTer said), I think the USA authentics embody what today's generation of basketball authentics have become and it's time (for me) to accept it.

I can't knock that the sports apparel companies are trying to make the jerseys better for actual gameplay. But from the sports fashion perspective, it becomes a less desirable item if it can't be worn casually.

The consequence is that I am being pushed naturally towards swingmans due to the fit/better variety of player choices/price. Also I have become more interested in them as I am less concerned about them getting wrecked when I ball & go to the beach.

I've been taking a Ebeneezer Scrooge stance towards new authentics since rev30 and I think its time for me to accept that this is the future and that new basketball authentics are not for me, since I like to wear my jerseys.

I chuckled for a bit after reading that part. :lol: I haven't been a fan of authentic NBA jerseys since the Reebok/Adidas takeover. M&N included. I stick to the older Champion made jerseys as is the same case with the M&N stuff.

jerseysforthewin sorry was abbreviating it. going through the earlier parts of this thread, the way people described him sounds exactly like hardwoodfames. could just be another dude on the same hustle
there are a couple more of them doing the same. hardwood is by far the biggest ******* though.

Only reason i dont like M&N is their stuff feels really cheap and the mesh is stiff as hell.

Only one i've liked is "the shot" jersey. That was made with great mesh.

Rev30's are hands down the best jerseys IMO. They're are made with soft materials and you can wash them without having to worry about the numbers and wordmarks getting scrinched up and creased.

nerd.gif
 wtf

Anyone had a M&N joint narrowed down? I have 44's but they are just a little too wide
Yep, I've had several Mitchell and Ness jerseys narrowed down.

- Two jerseys (just pictures after having them tailored down):

http://niketalk.com/t/196232/offici...sey-era-info-guide-page-1/24750#post_23648500

http://niketalk.com/t/196232/offici...sey-era-info-guide-page-1/23430#post_23328530

- And this Kareem, with the "before and after" pictures:
[table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]

Last edited:
is there a way to remove the screenprinted name off a champion replica nba jersey? i'm thinking of scooping a mercer celtics champion replica jersey on the down low and removing the name

I used to not like M&N that much, and then after copping a few my mind has changed. As long as I can get for under retail (#TeamZyzz lol). To me they are worth around that $125-150 range. Decent enough quality and for the few I have, the sizing is all consistent so I can't complain too much. I like how they are currently fitting me as opposed to my Champion authentics...but hey...that's me.

Not a jersey aficionado like LikeABoss2  and others here but I have the same sentiment. Rev30s are way too tight for me. If you have even the slightest gut it'll stick out. I've been looking high and low for a Jason Williams authentic that doesn't cost $1,000 or even $300. But I can find a Jason Williams swingman with my eyes closed. Player availability and fit is turning me away.

Not a jersey aficionado like LikeABoss2  and others here but I have the same sentiment. Rev30s are way too tight for me. If you have even the slightest gut it'll stick out. I've been looking high and low for a Jason Williams authentic that doesn't cost $1,000 or even $300. But I can find a Jason Williams swingman with my eyes closed. Player availability and fit is turning me away.
one just sold in an auction for around $200 on ebay. steal imo

as well as his other two sold yesterday.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALLEN-IVERS...Nsp1Eoy5x%2FaEc5gvxko%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Boston-Celt...Nsp1Eoy5x%2FaEc5gvxko%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

there are ai's and especially camby's procuts for lower than that. 
laugh.gif

one just sold in an auction for around $200 on ebay. steal imo
size 52, jock tag missing. i wouldn't cop for half that. it's just me though.

Last edited:

Sick style, ok player, but very very very hard to find in a 40.

Back when that jersey dropped it was hard to find a 40. It must have been a short run or something because I remember wanting it.

Over the years only seen like 1 or 2 of them and they went for a nice penny but not $800

no reason to buy most MN jerseys at retail. most can be had at well below retail.

but i see what jersey purist beef is with MN. the jersey material isn't as good as the old champions, and there imperfections on some jerseys are wack.

but i am a MN fan and i don't like used jerseys at all

Back
Top Bottom