Official AUTHENTIC NBA JERSEY Post - Bringin Back the JERSEY ERA... (Info/Guide = Page 1)

i think your confused. they are authentics. Nets did wear that style of mesh for years under champion and reebok...

not sure what else to say
No they retagged them because Adidas took over and they bought reebok anything. Why still push out a product under another company when you have the NBA contract. Adidas took all the reebok authentics with and without tags and put their own and sold them. thats all, they are still 100% authentic sure some might be older, thats about it

I'm not confused :D , maybe I just haven't asked it in the best way. Or you didn't understand what I wanted to ask...
They are Authentics, i know that. As I know that Nets used to wear mesh under Champion and Reebok. And I understand Adidas re-tagged them when they took it over.
But I just want to tell that these re-tagged mesh Authentics were not worn on court. Players started to wear new dri-fit Authentics. They were re-tagged just to be sold, as you said.

In brief, Kidd didn't wear jersey like these on court but new dri-fit ones. These were just for sale.

Correct now?:D

no lol, Kidd DID wear the mesh version switch champion and reebok...

I don't know how you have the patience for this, Zyzz :rofl:

It gets repetitive but if I know the answer or can help someone I can't just ignore it. I gotta help them which is why I'm in here a lot mostly answering legit checks.

no lol, Kidd DID wear the mesh version switch champion and reebok...
Yes, lol, what a confuse!
happy.gif
I understand all of this but again forgot to write one key word: Kidd didn't wear ADIDAS mesh!
wink.gif

Yes, I know he played for the Barons. But he also played for the White Sox in an exhibition game in 1994 against the Cubs. I agree with you about the article. It was written by some idiot. He says don't wear Bonds jerseys, but I have 2 Bonds jerseys and wear them proudly because I am a Giants fan.
2j45w2e.jpg

True. That's fair. Personally, I don't consider wearing an MLB team's jersey in an exhibition or preseason game having played for a team. ...Hey, Billy Crystal played for the Yankees in an exhibition game. :x A travesty of epic proportions that would lead me to unleash a string of profanity worthy of immediate banishment from the forum were I to actually address it, BTW. ...And, I'm not even a Yankee fan!!

But, I see where you are coming from too. And, I respect that. And, most importantly, just because I wouldn't wear it, that doesn't mean I don't think you should wear it. People should wear whatever they want, right.

I'm actually something of a Bonds "apologist" myself. I'd wear a Bonds jersey proudly. He's one of the greatest players off all time and would have been a top 20 all-time player regardless. ...The idea that there was a debate of who the best player of the 90s was - that Ken Griffey Jr. was anywhere near Barry's league - is laughable in the advanced stats community. The "debate" only exists because of the respective media narratives of each player - a good guy vs. bad guy dynamic that causes their reps to converge, as Griff was elevated beyond what he was and Barry's greatness was dismissed because he was such a curmudgeon. It's the Dimaggio/Williams dynamic replayed 50 years later. There's nearly a 20 WAR difference between them from '90 - '99. Frankly, the gap between Frank Thomas or Jeff Bagwell and Griffey is much closer than the gap between Griffey and Bonds. I'm not even certain that Griffey was the 2nd best player of that decade. But, I digress...

Oh, and I used to rock an OJ Simpson jersey too - basically just to troll the public though. :tongue:

Last edited:
^ Nah son, clearly you're a Bonds fan. Before Bonds started juicing and he became the villain, it was a fact that Griffey was still the better. Wasn't even a debate. They said back then, Griffey might have been the most talented baseball player ever. I'll always respect Bonds and I was a fan of his before he started juicing. I wish he didn't do it but at that time everyone was doing it so I don't single him out. Just wish he'd come out and confess instead of playing innocent.

NO he didnt because when adidas took over they changed materials.
no problem buying the jersey.
Yes, so we finally cleared it up!
laugh.gif

Thank you very much dude!
smile.gif

One more legit check, please. Kobe's Adidas Authentic:

Last edited:
^ Nah son, clearly you're a Bonds fan. Before Bonds started juicing and he became the villain, it was a fact that Griffey was still the better. Wasn't even a debate. They said back then, Griffey might have been the most talented baseball player ever. I'll always respect Bonds and I was a fan of his before he started juicing. I wish he didn't do it but at that time everyone was doing it so I don't single him out. Just wish he'd come out and confess instead of playing innocent.

So you wanted Bonds to incriminate himself in the perjury case by confessing that he knowingly used steroids? Yeah, not gonna happen. While I think BIP Roberts' statement that pre-steroids Bonds was a better player than Griffey is a valid argument, I can't say I personally agree with his characterization of Griffey. If Bonds had never cheated, then we'd have a definite answer.

Most talented doesn't equal most productive. Griiffey's highest OBP of the 90s would have been Barry's 2nd lowest of the decade. Twice as many seasons of an OPS above 1. The statistical revolution hadn't taken hold widely yet and people were looking at the wrong things. ...Even before 2000, Bonds was one of the greatest players of all time at not making outs, which is the single most important thing anybody can do as a hitter. Outs are the clock of a baseball game. Baseball production is about not making outs and hitting for power - they were similar in the latter and Bonds was worlds better in the former. You don't have to worship at the altar of advanced stats, but a 20 WAR difference over 10 years is undeniable - it's beyond the realm of debate.

Not that this is a stand-in for an actual argument, but I'm not exactly talking out of my butt when it comes to this stuff. I've worked for Major League Baseball's Stats Department, and actually still do in part-time seasonal capacity. I also recently stepped down from a leadership role at the Fangraphs/Hardball Times family. So, I'm just saying that I've had these conversations with the types of people who are the thought leaders in these areas and even some of the folks who make these kinds of decisions for Major League Baseball teams. "The Kid" can be called the "most talented" player ever by the media all day, that doesn't mean he was better. There isn't a GM with baseball or a value-based analyst who would have traded Bonds for Junior. ...Now, there would have been a potential business-based, revenue generation argument for something like that because of Griffey's amazing marketability, but when came down to making decisions about winning baseball games, it just wasn't a debate anywhere that "mattered" just in the media and on barstools.

I'll repent for the wall of text and threadjack by posting some pics in a few. Have to charge my camera battery.

Last edited:
I have to say, that's a pretty impressive argument. I don't quite understand the calculations of the WAR statistic completely, but I know that it is a good measure of a player's value. Look at the players who finished at the top in WAR this season: Mike Trout, Robinson Cano, Buster Posey, Andrew McCutchen, Miguel Cabrera, etc.

Bonds' talent pre-steroids is undeniable. The guy was a tremendous baseball player. Yes, it is unfortunate that he tainted his legacy, but it is also unfortunate that many HOF voters this year will not recognize what he accomplished before 1999.

As for the Michael Jordan White Sox jersey, I think I have changed my mind haha. I'm just gonna go with Frank Thomas or Bo Jackson.

Last edited:
CLEANNNN :x :smokin
are the numbers mesh? :nerd:
Thanks! It looks mesh from the stitching pattern

sick nets jersey
but i refuse to believe the jersey fits u perfectly :lol: ....is isn't too long? (pause)
haha, meant it fit me body wise. But yeah they came in +2 Length (no idea why), so it's definitely a little long. But its not like it goes to my knees. Maybe I'll just tuck it in. :nerd:

They're long on everyone
How much you pay for the Brooks jersey?
That's true. Got it for $220 (retail -15%).

where do u get the new nets jerseys anyway?
It's on NBAStore.com, they only have custom's now.

maybe hes built like Manute Bol? :lol: :nerd:
:rofl: .. definitely not.

Last edited:
Most talented doesn't equal most productive. Griiffey's highest OBP of the 90s would have been Barry's 2nd lowest of the decade. Twice as many seasons of an OPS above 1. The statistical revolution hadn't taken hold widely yet and people were looking at the wrong things. ...Even before 2000, Bonds was one of the greatest players of all time at not making outs, which is the single most important thing anybody can do as a hitter. Outs are the clock of a baseball game. Baseball production is about not making outs and hitting for power - they were similar in the latter and Bonds was worlds better in the former. You don't have to worship at the altar of advanced stats, but a 20 WAR difference over 10 years is undeniable - it's beyond the realm of debate.
Not that this is a stand-in for an actual argument, but I'm not exactly talking out of my butt when it comes to this stuff. I've worked for Major League Baseball's Stats Department, and actually still do in part-time seasonal capacity. I also recently stepped down from a leadership role at the Fangraphs/Hardball Times family. So, I'm just saying that I've had these conversations with the types of people who are the thought leaders in these areas and even some of the folks who make these kinds of decisions for Major League Baseball teams. "The Kid" can be called the "most talented" player ever by the media all day, that doesn't mean he was better. There isn't a GM with baseball or a value-based analyst who would have traded Bonds for Junior. ...Now, there would have been a potential business-based, revenue generation argument for something like that because of Griffey's amazing marketability, but when came down to making decisions about winning baseball games, it just wasn't a debate anywhere that "mattered" just in the media and on barstools.
I'll repent for the wall of text and threadjack by posting some pics in a few. Have to charge my camera battery.

That is one hell of a response

The first sentence pretty much sums it up. Bonds should have never juiced. He thought he was helping his career but he actually killed it and his legacy. Bonds was phenomenal before he juiced.

That is one hell of a response
The first sentence pretty much sums it up. Bonds should have never juiced. He thought he was helping his career but he actually killed it and his legacy. Bonds was phenomenal before he juiced.

Yeah makes no sense at all. Like Tera Patrick and Ava Addams getting breast implants :rofl:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom