pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

vr4?

manual?

PICS?

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by da703trailblaza

I'm researching to buy a new car, I've been looking at a V6 accord coupe, Volvo S40 T5 AWD, Nissan Maxima SV (premium package) and an 08 Infiniti G37 (coupe) if I can get it cheap (unlikely)

Pros/Cons of the listed models?

Well out of the cars you mentioned, the G37 is the only one I had the pleasure of driving. The car has A LOT of low end torque so if your looking forsomething powerful, thats your best bet. The only con I can think of is the lack of space.

N/A, Manual.

A VR4 with really low mileage would run me 22k+, that's a down payment on my Viper GTS.

I'll have pics on Wednesday when it arrives.

Here's a video of the actual car though:

Excuse the odd sounding narrator.

Originally Posted by Mathilda Lando

Originally Posted by ninjahood

v6 2008 wit 50k miles?

sick.gif

My car is a 1994 and has less than half that.
How can you use that as a fair comparison? The national average miles per year is 15,000. Your model year is 1994 so it was released in 1993, 16years ago. 16 x 15,000 = 240,000. Guessing your car has around 25,000 miles on it, thats only about 1,500 mi/yr. Your car was sitting around for a LONG time,which actually can cause other problems. Now, 50k in less than 2yrs is A LOT of miles. That car is already out of warranty so thats something to keep in mindtoo. Hondas are known for lasting long but be wary.

Originally Posted by HOLLAKID619

v6 2008 wit 50k miles?

sick.gif

How can you use that as a fair comparison? The national average miles per year is 15,000. Your model year is 1994 so it was released in 1993, 16 years ago. 16 x 15,000 = 240,000. Guessing your car has around 25,000 miles on it, thats only about 1,500 mi/yr. Your car was sitting around for a LONG time, which actually can cause other problems. Now, 50k in less than 2yrs is A LOT of miles. That car is already out of warranty so thats something to keep in mind too. Hondas are known for lasting long but be wary.
Sitting around?

The OG owner only took the car out on Sundays, which is why it has low mileage.

It's not like it was sitting in storage for 10 years.

And you brought up Honda, why?

Originally Posted by HOLLAKID619

v6 2008 wit 50k miles?

sick.gif

How can you use that as a fair comparison? The national average miles per year is 15,000. Your model year is 1994 so it was released in 1993, 16 years ago. 16 x 15,000 = 240,000. Guessing your car has around 25,000 miles on it, thats only about 1,500 mi/yr. Your car was sitting around for a LONG time, which actually can cause other problems. Now, 50k in less than 2yrs is A LOT of miles. That car is already out of warranty so thats something to keep in mind too. Hondas are known for lasting long but be wary.
Sitting around?

The OG owner only took the car out on Sundays, which is why it has low mileage.

It's not like it was sitting in storage for 10 years.

And you brought up Honda, why?

Oh damn, I got it mixed up with the dude saying he was lookin at a V6 Accord coupe
laugh.gif
. But I wouldnt trust that Chrysler 300. Something just aint right with that.

Picking up a new car as well. You guys have any insight it would be appreciated. This will basically be a family car but mainly mine as well. Every now andthen ill bring my mom places, Costco and whatnot, but for the most part its going to be mine, but I do have to think about space for my family.

2009 Accord Sedan EX-L (leather, non V6). $27,000

or

2010 Acura TSX base $30,000

I prefer the TSX, it just looks a whole lot better and the interior looks alot nicer, but for $30,000 we can get a fully loaded V6 Accord, that alone makes mewant the Accord more. In terms of interior space, ive compared both cars and its nearly identical except for back seat leg room, which the Accord has a fewinches on.

What do you guys think?

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Picking up a new car as well. You guys have any insight it would be appreciated. This will basically be a family car but mainly mine as well. Every now and then ill bring my mom places, Costco and whatnot, but for the most part its going to be mine, but I do have to think about space for my family.

or

I prefer the TSX, it just looks a whole lot better and the interior looks alot nicer, but for $30,000 we can get a fully loaded V6 Accord, that alone makes me want the Accord more. In terms of interior space, ive compared both cars and its nearly identical except for back seat leg room, which the Accord has a few inches on.

What do you guys think?
i would rather get a car slightly used with more options...you payin 27, or 30k and they both based models...cuz let's face it, a 4cylinderaccord is a base model.

Picking up a new car as well. You guys have any insight it would be appreciated. This will basically be a family car but mainly mine as well. Every now and then ill bring my mom places, Costco and whatnot, but for the most part its going to be mine, but I do have to think about space for my family.

or

I prefer the TSX, it just looks a whole lot better and the interior looks alot nicer, but for $30,000 we can get a fully loaded V6 Accord, that alone makes me want the Accord more. In terms of interior space, ive compared both cars and its nearly identical except for back seat leg room, which the Accord has a few inches on.

What do you guys think?
Not bad choices but my suggestion:
http://www.edmunds.com/nissan/maxima/2009/review.html

2009_nissan_maxima.jpg
2009_nissan_maxima_2.jpg
2009_nissan_maxima_10.jpg
2009_nissan_maxima_1.jpg
2009-nissan-maxima-interior.jpg
09.nissan.maxima.sunroof.500.jpg

^ Thats kinda the problem, my mom wants a $30k car out the door after taxes and whatnot. A EX-L Accord will be around $30k out the door, TSX about $33-$34OTD.

Maxima would be the same as a TSX, I guess we can look into it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Get the TSX, Accord is ugly and huge. Id even consider a new 2011 Sontona over these accords, along with mazda6 as well. Slightly used tho is a good look. Youcan pick up a barley used g35 for under 30k.

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

i got a question for you guys. My brother is looking into getting a Chrylser 300 and he found one fully loaded with about 50k miles. The price is good for him but the used dealership is a bit iffy and he wanted me to post it in this thread to see what you guys think. Would you guys buy this car with this amount of miles, from this dealership? anything to worry about? Anyone got a carfax so i can check it out for him? thanks

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=263970275&dealer_id=63645987&car_year=2008&rdm=1252279780260&model=300&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=2008&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=50&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&sownerid=1362998&showZipError=n&make=CHRY&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=1000&drive=&default_sort=&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=48042&advanced=&end_year=2010&doors=&transmission=&max_price=20000&cardist=17&standard=false
forgot to mention lifetime powertrain warranty plus he would be getting an extended warranty for everything else.

^ Thats kinda the problem, my mom wants a $30k car out the door after taxes and whatnot. A EX-L Accord will be around $30k out the door, TSX about $33-$34OTD.

Maxima would be the same as a TSX, I guess we can look into it. Thanks for the suggestion.
You can get a 2009 TSX fully loaded for <$30K. 09 TSX is a 4 cylinder with good enough power, whereas the 2010 is 6 cylinder with more power. That's pretty much the only difference between the 2. I have the 09 and it's great and the gas mileage is solid.

^Are those the damn socal fires in the back?!
laugh.gif

For me, looks like we might have a new car soon since my Dad's getting rid of his 14 year old commuter. Thinking about this

5HAPR.jpg
or
HONDA%5CFIT%20SPORT%5C2009%5C5HASI.jpg

I'm personally leaning towards the Blackberry pearl, just because it's unique, but I think the silver storm metallic would be easier to maintain. Iunno, maybe a Blue one possibly

2009_honda_fit_blue_sport-thumb.jpg

What do you guys think...? It's gonna be a daily, but it probably won't roll stock for long. My dad told me to look up exhaust for it...and I thinkI've found just the right one

1431.jpg

GReddy SE.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom