OFFICIAL BASKETBALL VIDEO GAME THREAD || NBA 2K24 OUT NOW; PREPARE YOUR BARBIES ACCORDINGLY

This might be the first 2k i pass on since 2k1. 2k21 (next gen) was totally unplayable in ranked. Idk if I want to give them $70 this year. The defense needs to be reworked. It was fine in 2k11-2k14 idk why they changed the movements.

Man this builder on next gen is really hard (which is good)

cant figure out what i wanna do prolly PG to start

Man this builder on next gen is really hard (which is good)

cant figure out what i wanna do prolly PG to start

I'm going with current gen for now. They changed up the animation requirements and with the lower shooting requirements I'm rolling with a 6'6 shooting/finishing SG.

Should be able to get pro dribble moves, shoot, and contact dunks.

ya if you on xbox you can switch location to new zealand since they 12 hours ahead it already released. At midnight just switch back to US

Good looking out mane. Im off today too :lol:

I just made a stretch 5. That’s usually a safe bet

wow.png

I played 1 rec game last night/this morning before I had to call it and get some sleep before work today but I had fun. Game felt great. Didn't see any immediate glaring issues outside of shooting maybe being too easy? I think they finally got bump steals figured out and reduced.

Hope they wait until everyone gets their badges until any patches happen. (Current gen)

Folks egos will be hurt when they aren't as good as they think they should be.

They will run to Twitter and cry to Beluba and he will dumb the game down for those folks.

That is the cycle.

Folks egos will be hurt when they aren't as good as they think they should be.

They will run to Twitter and cry to Beluba and he will dumb the game down for those folks.

That is the cycle.

I put up 25-6-7 on my first game 6/9 from 3 with a 76 rating no badges. Your player moves well on offense without Quick first step. I'd argue its too easy in it's current form before I say too difficult.

What I'm hoping is they finally got the badge/attribute balance correct that badges are an enhancement and don't override actual ratings like they have in the past but we will see.

I've never been a fan of badges.

They serve no purpose than to be artificial boosts.

That could have been accomplished simply through the use of attributes.

Now we have damn near 90 badges.

It's goofy.

although we have now 90 badges

on next gen HOF take up 5-7 badges so ITS VERY different now

Also huge problem i came across last night was a 7'3 big was FASTER than my 88 speed PG ( i can get my speed higher) im just toying with the build first but that was a huge concern for me last night

exactly like this

dude has 50 speed.. i played someone exactly with this build and he was faster than I was lololol

Only thing imma say is bigs always tend to look like OP in the beginning because most people are offensively in the dumps. That on top of everyone's obsession with making small bigs now.

Only thing imma say is bigs always tend to look like OP in the beginning because most people are offensively in the dumps.

i already know that

but im strictly talking speed nothing else

a 7'3 big SHOULD not be quicker than my 6'5 PG or 6'4 PG never ever

Yes

It was the same problem with the PF Meta builds last year on next gen.. They was quicker than guards (hence noone made guards last year) next gen wise

Yeah I do remember that before I gave up on next gen. To be fair I think I played next gen for like maybe a week and was over it. They must still haven't gotten the ratio between player model and speed right yet.

over all defense feels excellent which is what i enjoy the most esp perimeter defense. None of that sliding bs it seems

still got to get used to the new ally oop animation by holding X and timing it correctly for next gen

i will say shooting feels easy as well on nextgen as 60 OVR with no badges yesterday whites etc was going in at a rapid pace.. timing window seems alil too big ?

gonna finish up work and get back to the grind with the homies

although we have now 90 badges

on next gen HOF take up 5-7 badges so ITS VERY different now

Also huge problem i came across last night was a 7'3 big was FASTER than my 88 speed PG ( i can get my speed higher) im just toying with the build first but that was a huge concern for me last night
The number of slots isn't the issue.

Badges being nothing but artificial boosts is.

But I acknowledge what this is all about.

Post some clips when you can.

Back
Top Bottom