OFFICIAL BASKETBALL VIDEO GAME THREAD || NBA 2K24 OUT NOW; PREPARE YOUR BARBIES ACCORDINGLY

I still see a SEVERE lack of foot planting.

Being able to change directions at the drop of a dime.

Sad.

Years ago, the MAJORITY of posts in the 2K thread were accessory related and not gameplay related.

This was probably 2K15-2K18 era.

Folks would be in their feelings when I said yall buy basketball games to play dress-up.

Interesting, I wasn’t frequenting General during those days.

Years ago, the MAJORITY of posts in the 2K thread were accessory related and not gameplay related.

Folks would be in their feelings when I said yall buy basketball games to play dress-up.
Is there no middle ground? Or do you have to be all in on gameplay vs. DLC?

At the end of the day, the game is the way it is because they figure they can make the most money this way.
There's no competition, so they can release the same game for the last 3 or 4 years... which they essentially did.

There CAN be middle ground, sure.

But I am just saying the majority of the content in these 2K threads weren't about basketball.

So Niketalk is as much to blame for the Barbie Era as much as anyone.

Lol can’t lie that **** would trigger me. I ain’t mad at it anymore tho.
2k just doing enough to get by now. Real talk if there’s not any big changes especially red for me, this might be my last year with 2k. **** is just lazy at this point.

if the defense weak again this year I’m out.

i truly don think you guys understand how EASY it was to dunk this year on next gen

a slightly right stick move and blow by a defender just by holding up on right stick was a CONTACT DUNK everytime.. guys were getting postered every attempt they tried to block

now having a meter to dunk seems like it will take somewhat of skill

the guy who is playing seems trash to btw all he doing is spamming dribble moves and getting absolutely nowhere

i truly don think you guys understand how EASY it was to dunk this year on next gen

a slightly right stick move and blow by a defender just by holding up on right stick was a CONTACT DUNK everytime.. guys were getting postered every attempt they tried to block

now having a meter to dunk seems like it will take somewhat of skill

If you can still blow by defenders with ease I don't see how this will make the game more fun and not more annoying.

Playing 16 again and the gameplay is so much tighter and cpu ai on defense is way smarter.

I can't really judge any gameplay or mechanics until I get my hands on the game. Anyone who is showing it now could have changed difficulty, game speed, dunk/shot make frequency etc....

Looks OK. Will see tomorrow night/Friday morning if the servers let me log in and play any games before I go to bed. If not I will get my first runs in Friday after work.

So you gonna continually obsess about some **** from 5 years ago? I rarely see anyone post that here.

So you gonna continually obsess about some **** from 5 years ago? I rarely see anyone post that here.
Right? At that time we just wanted to able to put on a shooting sleeve without paying for it and have a haircut that black men actually wore in real life. Guess when it's not roster talk or "did you even practice? You need to practice before complaining" it's automatically #BarbieTalk :stoneface:

The game has to become easier/cheesier with the influx of "Casual" gamers.

2K isn't competing with basketball titles anymore, they are trying to compete with the Big Hitters. (FortNite, COD, etc)

Follow the context of the conversation.

For those on xbox change your location to New Zealand and enjoy playing a day early in the US

its live now

From what I've seen on current gen so far it looks promising. Next gen still has left a bad taste in my mouth from last year.

Was watching somebody play yesterday and realized they added a dunk meter. Dude was at the park missing practice dunks back to back to back. Oh dear.....

Was watching somebody play yesterday and realized they added a dunk meter. Dude was at the park missing practice dunks back to back to back. Oh dear.....

You can still use square and still get the random layup/dunk. The meter is for when you want to force a dunk attempt. But you have to time it. If set up correctly I personally like that feature as long as it can't be abused and takes skill to time.

Back
Top Bottom