Official BBQ thread

Yeah, so i'm throwing my first ever big boy BBQ this weekend.. Ton of people have RSVP'ed.. and i'm just looking for some tips! Looking for insights from you grillmasters on working the grill.. foods to have on hand etc. 

Any tips on gas grills? I'm use to coal grills but my fam copped me the gas jumpoff as a gift. How can I get that flava right?

Smokers are the way to go if you really want that tenderness and that exceptional flavor profile. Especially with pork products.

go to your local mexican market and ask for a few lbs of "arrachera" and have them prepare it for you.

buy some green sauce, already made rice and beans, a pack of tortillas and you set B

View media item 1541658
View media item 1541673

I can guarantee you that if you just salt on this meat, your all set and tastes 100x better than the prepared meat

It also depends which market you buy it from. Everyone always asks my dad what he puts in the meat that makes it taste so good, and all he puts is salt :lol:

it's a shame its close to 7-8.00+ a pound now. It used to be the cheapest meat to buy

The price of steak has gone up over the span of a couple years for sure. That Mexican meat is the business for sure. Just gotta clean it up a bit and cut off the fat before you grill

I've never tried them out a renowned bbq spot. Anytime I do go to such place I get the brisket.
I've had my fair share of excellent bbq from great pitmasters, however, nothing can compare to those fresh off the smoker rib you spent 6+ hours making yourself. the whole process from prep to eating is very enjoyable for me. Nothing like spending a nice spring/summer/fall day Smokin rib, herb, drinking, and eating with your buddies.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom