Official BBQ thread

Anyone got tips for smoking? My pops has an electric smoker just collecting dust outside. Might wanna experiment and try something new for New Years.

Anyone got tips for smoking? My pops has an electric smoker just collecting dust outside. Might wanna experiment and try something new for New Years.

1. Watch some youtube videos or read smoking basics books.

2. Get familiar with your smoker. Make sure you know how it works and practice before trying to smoke anything.

3. Use fruit flavored wood chunks or chips (Apple and Cherry are my faves) when first starting out. Too much smoke or woods with strong flavors (Hickory) can ruin meat especially poultry.

4. Start out with forgiving meat like ribs before you try a low and slow cook with a brisket or pork butt.

20180429_191407.jpg

Anyone have any recommendations for a inexpensive gas grill? Want one for our patio and don't want to drop a lot of money.

gave you a follow, always appreciate good bbq on my feed. :nthat: Now that its getting nicer out i need to get the bbqs and smokers fired up more frequently.

are you set on a gasser? I would recommend a weber kettle for cheaper, but if you want gas i get that too. And if you are, what size you want, 2 burner or 3 burner?

are you set on a gasser? I would recommend a weber kettle for cheaper, but if you want gas i get that too. And if you are, what size you want, 2 burner or 3 burner?
Unfortunately, yes. Since I live in an apartment. Only gas grills are allowed. I would've gotten a Weber Kettle immediately.

i dont think you will get anything great for that price. I would just go try and get a char-broil from home depot in that price range, will probably only get a smaller two burner which will prob be perfect for an apt patio. Still a decent grill though, and you can replace parts which is important imo.

You catering the next Coal Gang summit? EXCELLENT work Comrade.
You already know :pimp:
Maybe $200s, $300 the most?

Idk, if there's any good options under $200
I'd look into the Char-Broil line, they should have some solid options for under $300

I'm looking for a portable one to cop myself for the same reason with apartment rules

You guys are lucky. My last apt didnt let us have anything, township rule. Those 3 years there ******* sucked. After we bought our house i had accumulated a weber gasser and kettle, 2 kamados, and a offset smoker within a year. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom