Official BBQ thread

Slacked a little on the grilling this summer

Main goal was to try smoking beef ribs but never got around to it. I don’t even know where to find any near me besides Costco :lol:

got a few weeks left before it’s cold I gotta do it

Price on pork ribs @ Sam's has nearly doubled I feel like. Spent $220 on meat a few days ago and only got like 5 items... 😥

Just get a Weber Kettle Master touch

Currently got my chimney going for some drumsticks
20210912_180352.jpg

Last edited:

Main goal was to try smoking beef ribs but never got around to it. I don’t even know where to find any near me besides Costco :lol:

Any grocery store that sells them like this

Would have them. Just ask the butcher for the slab instead

I went to my local grocery store (Harris Teeter) and asked the butcher if he had beef ribs that weren't cut. He went to the back and brought out a vacuum sealed pack of four plates. I just asked for one plate as this was my first try at beef ribs.

Apologies if this has already been covered but those looking to get a pellet “grill”, they are great smokers but not very good grills. They do not get hot enough. If you would like to get a pellet you can grill on, get one that has a removable hatch/door above the firebox, there are a handful of models that come with this feature. That allows you to grill direct over the fire, to get a good sear. On mine I also bought some “Grill Grates” which claim to get 150-300 degrees hotter than the temp shown on the grill. Not sure how true that is, but I get me Yoder up to 550-600 degrees and in 2-3 minutes a side on the grates, I get great grill marks and sear, like today:

85311BED-06CD-44C9-B07D-78AA6FF7700E.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom