OFFICIAL BCS National Championship Thread: #1 Oklahoma v #2 Florida 1/8 7:30 EST FOXHD

Originally Posted by ericberry14

Originally Posted by henz0
is it just me or does this game seem eerily similar to the 2006 game? Oklahoma put up crazy stats up all year, blew pretty much everybody out of the water, except that close game with Texas, there was controversy about who deserved to be in the national championship game. Then everybody talkin bout how Florida is overmatched on defense & all that foolishness. How OU has this great OLine, great receievers. the similarities even go down to OU's best playmaker being out just like Ted Ginn Jr was.

People are too focused on the skill positions when they talk about speed in terms of the SEC when compared to the rest of the conferences. But where the real difference in speed that the SEC has in in the trenches, especially on the DLine. thas where UF will probably win this game.

oh yea & Jermaine Gresham will not be open like he was again those Big XII players playing on the non-offensive, non-special teams side of the ball

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh everyone is picking florida to win

It's not liek OU has slow players either. They have players from SEC country who Florida had recruited. I guess they are only considered fast when theystep foot in Gainesville.

is there gonna be a live feed online of the game? i have class tonight
frown.gif

Originally Posted by jville819

^You're only considered fast when you play in the sec...
And that's that...
smh.gif

I think Florida is going to win, but dear God I hope Oklahoma pulls it off so all this "SEC speed rules all" and "Florida vs. USC" crapgoes out the window...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

^You're only considered fast when you play in the sec...
And that's that...
smh.gif

I think Florida is going to win, but dear God I hope Oklahoma pulls it off so all this "SEC speed rules all" and "Florida vs. USC" crap goes out the window...

Me too. I'm a BIG 12 guy but OU defense isnt that great but the stats are slighty misleading when your offense runs no huddle all the time.

Me too. I'm a BIG 12 guy but OU defense isnt that great but the stats are slighty misleading when your offense runs no huddle all the time.
I completely agree the Big XII defensive stats are misleading, but you'll never convince anybody on here of it... Were the defenses great? No,they weren't. But they're not as bad as people on here would have you believe...

When you're running no huddle offenses (which the majority of the conference runs right now) and your opponents are running them as well, your defense isrunning wild while they're on the field and they aren't getting any kinds of breaks on the sidelines because offenses like Oklahoma and Texas were onand off the field in a hurry whether they scored or not...

And just something to discuss before the game... Does Bob Stoops need to win this game to rebuild his legacy and the 'shine' around him? I heard thisdiscussed on the radio last night, and thought it was an interesting discussion... If he loses this game, he's dropped five straight BCS games since2001... If he wins, he's the first coach the have two BCS National Titles under his belt...

Florida is about smash OU. Cant wait to hear about how hard OU chokes so they can get off tOSU's back.

Still havent decided if I'm gonna watch this game. I'm still mad as hell that Texas aint in it. I hate the Gators, but I absolutely despise Oklahomo,so GO GATORS!

I completely agree the Big XII defensive stats are misleading, but you'll never convince anybody on here of it... Were the defenses great? No, they weren't. But they're not as bad as people on here would have you believe...

When you're running no huddle offenses (which the majority of the conference runs right now) and your opponents are running them as well, your defense is running wild while they're on the field and they aren't getting any kinds of breaks on the sidelines because offenses like Oklahoma and Texas were on and off the field in a hurry whether they scored or not...

I also think teams from the Big 12 have misleading D stats and like i said on the previous page no one is talking about ufs sorry %$$ D

Defense wins championships--which is why UF will run Chokelahoma off the field.

I'm ridin with truth..not as much...but still...
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by TraPpStar

Still havent decided if I'm gonna watch this game. I'm still mad as hell that Texas aint in it. I hate the Gators, but I absolutely despise Oklahomo, so GO GATORS!
After strugggling against OSU, Texas doesn't/didn't deserve to be in it.

I completely agree the Big XII defensive stats are misleading, but you'll never convince anybody on here of it... Were the defenses great? No, they weren't. But they're not as bad as people on here would have you believe...

When you're running no huddle offenses (which the majority of the conference runs right now) and your opponents are running them as well, your defense is running wild while they're on the field and they aren't getting any kinds of breaks on the sidelines because offenses like Oklahoma and Texas were on and off the field in a hurry whether they scored or not...
I also think teams from the Big 12 have misleading D stats and like i said on the previous page no one is talking about ufs sorry %$$ D

Nah, because they averaged less than 13 PPG allowed by their defense and played in a conference with 2 QBs other than their own that should be starters atDivision 1 schools...
laugh.gif

And just something to discuss before the game... Does Bob Stoops need to win this game to rebuild his legacy and the 'shine' around him? I heard this discussed on the radio last night, and thought it was an interesting discussion... If he loses this game, he's dropped five straight BCS games since 2001... If he wins, he's the first coach the have two BCS National Titles under his belt...
I think Stoops needs to win to maintain his elite level status of coaching. He's a good coach win or lose, but if he keeps on losing the bigtitle games..........then?

Either way, one of these coaches will be the first to two BCS titles.
eek.gif

Lol @ people not liking how much praise the sec gets for its caliber of athletes.. Its a different breed.. Put that on my mom Gators have the best specialteams unit in the country imo.. Brandon james and field possession might turn this into a blowout.. Oklahoma been talkin to much.. Especially bout tebow.. Ouis liable to have a train ran on em.. Word to Lisa ann $$$$$

Anyone want to make a $100 bet on the Sooners? For some reason I feel compelled to make this bet on the Gators.

Back
Top Bottom