Official BIG EAST Tournament Thread - Finals. PITT vs GEORGETOWN 9pm ESPN

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Petey,

I'll accept the $34 via paypal or money order.

I'll be in contact,

Thanks.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Damn that Doug Gottlieb for knowing exactly what he was talking about...
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Damn that Doug Gottlieb for knowing exactly what he was talking about...
smh.gif
Yeah, he was pretty accurate about G'Town right there.

Hoya fans know it too. (As he said)

Let the Georgetown hate commence, Dough Gottleib!!
grin.gif
that's why im waiting for petey
laugh.gif
im guessing its gonna be something like, "blah blah, gtown isnt going anywhere in the tourney anyway,blah blah"

How we don't "look elite"...how we don't blow teams out, let them hang around. The villanova call was shown.

However, I DO KNOW we won the Big East, just beat the 'hottest' team...and we're the best defensive team in the league, if not the country.

But, no...don't mention those things.

All we do is win.

If that's not enough, I don't know what is.

I hate Doug Gottelib, really he could be the worst analyst they have. He loves mid majors and just a week ago said West Virginia was diffentaly out of thetourney. Watch PITT make a run at this, they always play so well at MSG and I got a feeling Dejuan Blair is going to be a force.

How we don't "look elite"...how we don't blow teams out, let them hang around. The villanova call was shown.

However, I DO KNOW we won the Big East, just beat the 'hottest' team...and we're the best defensive team in the league, if not the country.

But, no...don't mention those things.

All we do is win.

If that's not enough, I don't know what is.

You've gotta understand where we come from with that angle though, because i've heard you do the same thing to UNC this year.

Being in close games all year can actually help come tourney time, I think. How many blowouts do you see compared to last possession wins in March? I jsut feellike we have the mental toughness to pull out those close games. I dunno, maybe I'm way off, but I don't think being in close games all year is acompletely negative thing, especially if you've been winning those games.

Yea looking at the score. Looks like we played well first half.

Scottie and Stokes tore us up. Arinze didn't do $#!#.

btw - petey...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

must suck having such a bummy team, eh?

note: to all other syracuse fans, no offense.. i've been cool with all the rest of you this year, you guys are mostly level-headed and realistic and justlike college ball from what i can tell... but screw petey
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Yea looking at the score. Looks like we played well first half.

Scottie and Stokes tore us up. Arinze didn't do $#!#.

They didn't give him the ball when he clearly had the advantage.

Guard play goes a long way in the tourney and personally I think G'Town's guard play was sub-par throughout the whole year. They certainly haveexperience but their play has been very inconsistent and just not that impressive.

I understand,

but we were a Final 4 team doing the same things last year.

It's more of me taking an issue with it from the national media perspective.

Not once has anyone brought up JT3's records in close games...just that we are fortunate team, rubs me the wrong way.

I think G'Town's guard play was sub-par throughout the whole year.
Fair point and it's true. But I honestly feel we are playin the best ball of the season now. That's why I'm on the defensive endnow
laugh.gif

but I don't mean to turn this into a Gtown conversation..

Efejuku show starts now
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

So !%+% we lost. But anyone want to some it up?
Cuse came out hot. Donte was hitting threes and was 3-4 from downtown in the 1st half and Cuse was up like 19-7.

Turn around to the game started on the next Cuse possession when Jonny (who struggled with his game ALL day) had a hot Greene waving his arms at the arc. Jonnytried to drive and maybe kick it out, but turned it over in a crowd of 3 Cats.

Nova went down and scored. Picked up steam from there and hit a 3 right before half to be only down 1.

Second half was just 3 pointer after 3 pointer for Nova. Onuaku got into foul trouble, Donte never got back into a groove, and that was it.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

what did Gotlieb say about us???? I'm at work, no tv

As allen said, he called G'Town unimpressive and said that Hoya fans themselves know that this team isn't as good as their record suggests. He saidthey are lacking big wins IN conference.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

So !%+% we lost. But anyone want to some it up?
Cuse came out hot. Donte was hitting threes and was 3-4 from downtown in the 1st half and Cuse was up like 19-7.

Turn around to the game started on the next Cuse possession when Jonny (who struggled with his game ALL day) had a hot Greene waving his arms at the arc. Jonny tried to drive and maybe kick it out, but turned it over in a crowd of 3 Cats.

Nova went down and scored. Picked up steam from there and hit a 3 right before half to be only down 1.

Second half was just 3 pointer after 3 pointer for Nova. Onuaku got into foul trouble, Donte never got back into a groove, and that was it.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

what did Gotlieb say about us???? I'm at work, no tv

As allen said, he called G'Town unimpressive and said that Hoya fans themselves know that this team isn't as good as their record suggests. He said they are lacking big wins IN conference.

smh.gif
probably right about that play in game allen.

McDermott lookin like Anthony Mason in the garden runnin the point.

Welsh been doin whatever he can to save his job now
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom